Does anybody know the size of the rumoured phone with pkb for early 2017 release?

I searched but didn't find anything useful.

I remember reading an article here, perhaps by Bla1ze, I don't remember anymore; the author was saying that he has seen the phone in person in Waterloo. The design was still being tweaked, but maybe the size will stay the same.

I'm not asking about the screen size, just the height and width of the phone itself . I'm trying to figure out how easy it would be to carry around in a pocket. My dilemma: Is the phone small enough to wait for till 2017, or don't bother.

Anybody know; Bla1ze?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 04:37 PM
    No idea. Doubt BlackBerry even knows right now lol.
    08-25-16 07:02 PM
    No idea. Doubt BlackBerry even knows right now lol.
    I found the article of yours that I was referring to. It wasn't you who saw the device, it was DYLAN HABKIRK (that you were quoting), whoever that is.

Unfortunately he didn't mention anything about the dimensions, and from his comments about the device undergoing major changes, and then saying not to buy too much into the device yet, I guess your reply to my post is as accurate as it gets for now.

Posted via CB10
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    08-26-16 04:04 PM
    Just based off of rumoured screen dimensions and aspect ratio, I would imagine it will be very similar to the size of the DTEK50.
    08-26-16 04:13 PM
    Around 144mm x 77mm
    Last edited by Vampiro; 08-27-16 at 03:32 AM.
    08-26-16 06:00 PM
    Take the dtek50 and slap the Priv keyboard to the bottom of it.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 02:06 AM
    Take the dtek50 and slap the Priv Classic keyboard to the bottom of it.

Posted via CB10
    Fixed
    pooyam and slagman5 like this.
    08-27-16 12:29 PM
    Take the dtek50 and slap the Priv keyboard to the bottom.
    The height of the Priv keyboard was made noticeably shorter than the Classic's in order to reduce the overall length of the Priv. Hopefully it will have a full height keyboard similar to the Classic's.
    08-27-16 10:05 PM
    Evaluation units are still 2 months away. So doubt anyone (even BlackBerry) can answer that question.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    08-28-16 08:06 AM
    Evaluation units are still 2 months away. So doubt anyone (even BlackBerry) can answer that question.

But you said in other thread the keyboard like Q5 ,isnt it contradicted with what you said?
    08-28-16 08:19 AM
    According to you ,Matty
    Attached Thumbnails Dimensions of the pkb-phone for 2017 ?-1472390513004.jpg  
    08-28-16 08:22 AM
    But you said in other thread the keyboard like Q5 ,isnt it contradicted with what you said?

Oh wait sorry, literally 1 comment later you said you were joking.
    Not a problem. We all make mistakes, apology accepted.

08-28-16 12:59 PM
    Not a problem. We all make mistakes, apology accepted.

Did I apologize to you?
    Please stop act like you have inside source and you know things stop spreading false information...
    08-28-16 07:57 PM
    Did I apologize to you?
    Please stop act like you have inside source and you know things stop spreading false information...
    Usman, look at the quote, he added a line to it that you didn't type. I guess check the post you're quoting of his because apparently he said he was joking one post after that one.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-28-16 08:43 PM
    Usman, look at the quote, he added a line to it that you didn't type. I guess check the post you're quoting of his because apparently he said he was joking one post after that one.

Ah gotcha . . But in the thread you also can see how he know something... lol
    08-28-16 08:53 PM
    Did I apologize to you?
    Agreed, ill do that for you. From now, if I state anything about anything that hasn't been officially verified and released from BlackBerry. ill clearly state that it is of my own opinion and does not hold any weight since I have no inside source to that information. It should also not be taken any more seriously than from a person on the street and all those who use that information as a stepping stone to make decisions in the future are doing so at their own risk. This whole messages is once again, of my own opinion and should not be considered correct or false, and should simply be taken as you would like to.

smart548 likes this.
    08-29-16 04:19 AM
    Agreed, ill do that for you. From now, if I state anything about anything that hasn't been officially verified and released from BlackBerry. ill clearly state that it is of my own opinion and does not hold any weight since I have no inside source to that information. It should also not be taken any more seriously than from a person on the street and all those who use that information as a stepping stone to make decisions in the future are doing so at their own risk. This whole messages is once again, of my own opinion and should not be considered correct or false, and should simply be taken as you would like to.

Damn that's a mouthful...

08-29-16 06:39 AM

You said this kind of things twice already lol
    08-29-16 09:31 AM
    You said this kind of things twice already lol
    Just give the guy a break, usman. You seem childish at this point..

Posted via CB10
    Matty likes this.
    08-29-16 04:37 PM
    Just give the guy a break, usman. You seem childish at this point..

Posted via CB10
    No I didn't act like childish, just give a fact.

Did you see he the one who modified my post?
    08-30-16 06:10 AM
    What's the difference with other all touch Android phone? I think a PKB Android phone will stand out and really have a place in the market.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Diceyann likes this.
    08-30-16 10:06 AM
    What's the difference with other all touch Android phone? I think a PKB Android phone will stand out and really have a place in the market.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The market for a pkb phone is very, very small. BlackBerry needs something with broad appeal. They do not differentiate with form factor, but with software.
    08-30-16 10:34 AM
    The market for a pkb phone is very, very small. BlackBerry needs something with broad appeal. They do not differentiate with form factor, but with software.
    How did you evaluate market from pkb?
    Just because no one is selling (because no one produced such device yet) is not the same as small marlet.

Posted via CB10
    deadcowboy likes this.
    09-01-16 04:18 PM
    How did you evaluate market from pkb?
    Just because no one is selling (because no one produced such device yet) is not the same as small marlet.

Posted via CB10
    Apple and Samsung spend tens of millions on market research. If there was an appreciable market, they would have serviced it.

We also know that the desire for a pkb was weak enough to not warrant buying BB10 in any real numbers.
    09-01-16 04:26 PM
    Apple and Samsung spend tens of millions on market research. If there was an appreciable market, they would have serviced it.

We also know that the desire for a pkb was weak enough to not warrant buying BB10 in any real numbers.
    IMHO, for me, the bigger issue was BB10 itself (lack of apps, lack of information, etc) than pkb. because there were vkb devices (z10, Z30, Z5) which didn't sell particularly well either.
    bigjman likes this.
    09-02-16 03:04 AM
43 12