Hello everyone. Could someone that is more knowledgeable than me tell me why that the dual-sim version is cheaper by almost $40 when compared to the other two phones? I apologize if this has been answered already in advance.

Here's the link to the Amazon site?

https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Limited-BB100-1-Canadian-Unlocked/dp/B075WYK9B3/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1509402941&sr=1-1&keywords=bbb100-1+limited+edition&dpID=41zCtFZb-CL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&tag=crackberry00-20&ascsubtag=UUcbUvbUpU13102075YYw#Ask
    12-27-17 11:22 PM
    All those black editions are dual sim I think, but they are sold by different sellers so the prices will vary.
    12-28-17 12:39 PM
    It says this down in the answers,

It will not FULLLY support att and tmobile since it does not have band 12. Will give limited reception. For FULL bands you need bbb100-1 limited edition which has all bands 2,4,5 and 12 for Tmobile and ATT
    I know this doesn't answer your question but I would love to have a factory unlocked Black Edition for TMobile. What carrier do you have?
    12-28-17 04:09 PM
    It says this down in the answers,
    Which is wrong, because the BBB100-7 user manual lists exactly the same bands as the BBB100-1.

What the BBB100-7 doesn't have but the BBB100-1 does is carrier provisioning for things like WiFi calling.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-28-17 05:03 PM
    All those black editions are dual sim I think, but they are sold by different sellers so the prices will vary.
    Nope not all black ones, only the ones from India.

There are three types of Black ones
    1. Indian Limited Black with 64 GB / 4 GB RAM + dual sim
    2. AT&T Black version 32 GB / 3 GB RAM
    3. Global Black version 64 GB / 4 GB RAM

More on this at: https://crackberry.com/black-edition...eyone-say-what
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-28-17 05:23 PM
    Which is wrong, because the BBB100-7 user manual lists exactly the same bands as the BBB100-1.

What the BBB100-7 doesn't have but the BBB100-1 does is carrier provisioning for things like WiFi calling.
    So for full functionality you need BBB100-1... Or am I missing something in your response.

And does the BBB100-1 come in a Black variant or am I totally confused about this thing? I would like a factory unlocked Black version fully functional on TMobile USA. What device am I looking for?
    12-28-17 09:03 PM
    So for full functionality you need BBB100-1... Or am I missing something in your response.

And does the BBB100-1 come in a Black variant or am I totally confused about this thing? I would like a factory unlocked Black version fully functional on TMobile USA. What device am I looking for?
    Look at the last post.

Nope not all black ones, only the ones from India.

There are three types of Black ones
    1. Indian Limited Black with 64 GB / 4 GB RAM + dual sim
    2. AT&T Black version 32 GB / 3 GB RAM
    3. Global Black version 64 GB / 4 GB RAM

More on this at: https://crackberry.com/black-edition...eyone-say-what
    The black KEYone sold unlocked in Canada is the BBB100-1 with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, so you'd want that one.
    12-28-17 09:17 PM
    Look at the last post.

The black KEYone sold unlocked in Canada is the BBB100-1 with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, so you'd want that one.
    I looked at your post before asking my question but I guess I'm getting confused because in that previous post you quoted a comment from johnb_xp regarding dual sims. Then your post list three types of black ones, but now you narrowed it down to two by saying 4GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.

Are you saying we want #1 , the one from India or will #3 do just as well? And are you saying that the Canadian ones being sold as factory unlocked on Amazon are #1 (1. Indian Limited Black with 64 GB / 4 GB RAM + dual sim)?

And are you saying that all these (the three you list) are BBB100-1? If so, how do we tell one from the other, I would hate to end up with the AT&T version since my Priv is so full of bloatware I can't stand it.
    12-29-17 12:32 AM
    I looked at your post before asking my question but I guess I'm getting confused because in that previous post you quoted a comment from johnb_xp regarding dual sims. Then your post list three types of black ones, but now you narrowed it down to two by saying 4GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.

Are you saying we want #1 , the one from India or will #3 do just as well? And are you saying that the Canadian ones being sold as factory unlocked on Amazon are #1 (1. Indian Limited Black with 64 GB / 4 GB RAM + dual sim)?

And are you saying that all these (the three you list) are BBB100-1? If so, how do we tell one from the other, I would hate to end up with the AT&T version since my Priv is so full of bloatware I can't stand it.
    Phone number 1 (Indian Limited Black with 64 GB / 4 GB RAM + dual sim) is the BBB100-7. Avoid it.

Phone number 2 (AT&T Black version 32 GB / 3 GB RAM) is the AT&T-branded BBB100-1. Avoid that too.

Phone number 3 (Global Black version 64 GB / 4 GB RAM) is the Black KEYone sold factory unlocked in Canada. Get that one.
    12-29-17 12:36 AM
    Look at the last post.

Isn't that covered under Global? So technically AT&T one is the odd one out, hence specially mentioned.
    12-29-17 12:45 AM
    Phone number 1 (Indian Limited Black with 64 GB / 4 GB RAM + dual sim) is the BBB100-7. Avoid it.

Phone number 2 (AT&T Black version 32 GB / 3 GB RAM) is the AT&T-branded BBB100-1. Avoid that too.

Phone number 3 (Global Black version 64 GB / 4 GB RAM) is the Black KEYone sold factory unlocked in Canada. Get that one.
    Cool, so put my name on the list, be patient and wait...Got it!!!
    12-29-17 01:07 AM
    That isn't a dual-sim version. It's just a 4g Ram and 64 internal storage upgrade
    12-29-17 01:17 AM
    i second this..
    12-29-17 05:43 AM

To further confuse the issue, or maybe I'm the only one confused, I thought there were different KEYone Black Editions (BBB100-1: 64GB storage / 4GB RAM):

-039: from Canada.
    -042: from eBay seller. Supposedly, this model doesn't support AT&T Hotspot feature. Don't know about T-mobile Wi-Fi Calling feature.
    -???: from a different eBay seller.

Clarification, if possible, please.

Thanks.

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    12-29-17 02:44 PM
    To further confuse the issue, or maybe I'm the only one confused, I thought there were different KEYone Black Editions (BBB100-1: 64GB storage / 4GB RAM):

-039: from Canada.
    -042: from eBay seller. Supposedly, this model doesn't support AT&T Hotspot feature. Don't know about T-mobile Wi-Fi Calling feature.
    -???: from a different eBay seller.

Clarification, if possible, please.

Thanks.

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    Asia (Malaysia, Hong Kong, etc) also gets the black BBB100-1 4/64, which doesn't help. Check with the seller for the PRD code on the box label, or if there's unfamiliar power plugs in the pictures if the box is opened.
    12-29-17 04:02 PM
    What is the model number for this one? I want to make sure I'm looking for the right phone, I like the days when they did;

etc...
    12-29-17 06:15 PM
    i second this..
    curious why to avoid the BB100-7 Dual Sim Limited? ive had one for 6 months now and so far so good.
    05-28-18 02:19 AM
    I'm using BBB100-7 dual SIM in Canada and have no problem at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-18 04:41 PM
    I'm using BBB100-7 dual SIM in Canada and have no problem at all.

Posted via CB10
    Functionally the same as all the others, plus the holy grail of dual sim, but let down by lack of WiFi calling and VOLTE.
    05-28-18 05:54 PM
    I'm not sure if it supports WiFi calling, but there is a switch for Voice over LTE and one for Video over LTE, you can switch them on and off.

I never use WiFi calling, even my carrier supports it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-18 06:07 PM
    I'm not sure if it supports WiFi calling, but there is a switch for Voice over LTE and one for Video over LTE, you can switch them on and off.

I never use WiFi calling, even my carrier supports it.

Posted via CB10
    Being able to switch them on and off is one thing; does volte actually work though?

I.e. make a call and see what network it displays.

You may be a lucky to have a Canadian carrier that doesn't block the feature.
    05-31-18 11:17 PM
    I just obtained 4 KEYone BBB100-7 phones from B&H Photo (your system will not let me give the link or other details; I guess only moderators can do that).

I could not get my fingerprints registered with the scanner. I called the BlackBerry Mobile "hotline" for the U.S. (855 223-4034), based on an answered question on the B&H page for the product, which says that BlackBerry Mobile provides support for phones sold in the U.S. I spoke with an agent almost immediately, and that I had a BBB100-7. He helped me without any hesitation and told me to send *#2886#. That opened a menu of tests. I ran the test for the fingerprint scanner and could not solve the problem with the diagnostics. He told me to do a factory reset to determine if it was a software problem or hardware problem. I ended the call and performed the reset. I reviewed the instructions for registering fingerprints and figured out better how it worked (instructions are not clear). I registered fingerprints which work most of the time.

Part of the reason I mention the factory reset is to report that both when I turned on the phone the first time and after the reset, the Android OS was updated from Nougat to Oreo within a day or two. My phone is currently running Android version 8.1.0, security patch level Nov. 5, 2018, build no. ABJ879. Most of the pre-installed Android and BlackBerry apps were also updated in a separate operation.

The BlackBerry Mobile agent could not tell me how to obtain a manual for the BBB100-7. I had been referring to the manual for the BBB100-5, because it is also a dual-SIM model. So I sent an e-mail to Optiemus (bbcare at optiemus punto com), and the next day I did receive a PDF file for the BBB100-7 manual. Spot-checking a few pages, I see that it appears to be the same manual that BlackBerry Mobile distributes. But on p. 5, which has illustrations for SIM card insertion, it only shows how to insert ONE SIM card. So it is actually more useful to refer to the BBB100-5 manual.

I also asked Optiemus in my e-mail if the BBB100-7 supports VoLTE, and they replied that it does. I cannot test that, because my provider, Mint Mobile (a T-Mobile MVNO), supports VoLTE only on Apple phones. When I try to follow instructions in the manual to get to where I would turn on Voice over LTE calling, which is supposed to be under IMS settings, a search in Settings for IMS yields no results.

In general, I am very happy with the phone. I have not been able to get the feature that keeps the phone unlocked at a specified place (my home) to work.

CORRECTION - 03.28.19

I called the BlackBerry "Hotline" another time for assistance. This time, after I gave the agent my IMEI for SIM1, he told me they did not support my phone, and I would have to contact Optiemus for help. The first time I called, their "system was down," so they had no way to look up my phone. I protested what I had read on the B&H Photo website, that BlackBerry supported all phones purchased in the U.S., but the agent was adamant that they did not support my phone.
    Last edited by chileverde; 03-28-19 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Correction
    12-14-18 10:58 AM
    VoLTE works fine for me on Bell Mobility and its sub brand, Virgin Mobile Canada, on my BBB100-7 dual-SIM phone. There is a thread somewhere in this forum that describes an app that will allow you to access "hidden" shortcuts including the one to turn on WiFi calling. That said, unless your carrier has provisioned it in their NOC for your model it will error out eventually after you enable it. so, carrier-dependent.

People like to appear knowledgeable and helpful on forums like this. They should understand that if you don't know for sure, the most helpful thing is to not give out advice.

The BBB100-7 is a good, well-made phone and it is available at a really good price. No North American warranty, but I can live with that!
    12-18-18 10:33 AM