Im on a keyone black edition.
    When I click on an app a different one is selected. The issue is fixed by restarting the phone. But issue is reoccurring.

Any ideas why this happens?
    04-11-18 09:44 PM
    I've never even heard of this. Are you clicking on the home screen app icons?
    04-11-18 09:52 PM
    I've never even heard of this. Are you clicking on the home screen app icons?
    Yes. I'm on the home screen.
    04-11-18 09:59 PM
    Yes. I'm on the home screen.
    Something doesn't seem right. I would wipe the phone and see if that does anything otherwise maybe something wrong with the screen.
    04-11-18 10:01 PM
    Something doesn't seem right. I would wipe the phone and see if that does anything otherwise maybe something wrong with the screen.
    I'm thinking it's ram related.
    going to wipe the phone and start over.

Thanks for the advice.
    04-11-18 10:32 PM
    I'm thinking it's ram related.
    going to wipe the phone and start over.

Thanks for the advice.
    Not sure why ram would cause that. I haven't heard if anyone else reporting such as issue before. Have you cleared your cache? Maybe try that first. Settings, storage, click on internal, then click on cached data and clear it. Also, how many apps do you leave running in the background at once?
    04-11-18 10:34 PM
    Not sure why ram would cause that. I haven't heard if anyone else reporting such as issue before. Have you cleared your cache? Maybe try that first. Settings, storage, click on internal, then click on cached data and clear it. Also, how many apps do you leave running in the background at once?
    I had about 10 apps running.
    Clearing cache worked.

Perhaps I just need to clear it more often.

Fortunately I didn't wipe the phone . thank you again.
    04-11-18 10:43 PM
    I had about 10 apps running.
    Clearing cache worked.

Perhaps I just need to clear it more often.

Fortunately I didn't wipe the phone . thank you again.
    No problem. I usually clear it once a month or more. Depending on how much gets built up.
    04-11-18 10:49 PM
    Something similar happened to me, too, recently, on my KeyOne. When I launched one particular app (I forget which one, but from the Google Play store), it immediately opened the native phone app. This did not happen the first few times I used the app, but after a while it happened every time.

I fixed the problem by deleting the errant app, not that that's a great solution.

Since I assume Android OS is rigorously tested, it felt like a bug or malicious code present in one of the toolkits used by the developer of the errant app, to me. But perhaps it was a just cache issue, as suggested by ray689.
    04-14-18 07:33 AM
    I am having this problem now and it is multiple apps. I hit whatsapp and bbm comes up. I closed bbm and hit whatsapp and a different app opened. Really strange. Just tried to clear the cache by hitting settings, and crackberry comes back up.
    04-14-18 10:47 AM
    Also, with such problems, I'd also try a 32+ Seconds reboot. Press and HOLD the Power button for 32+ seconds, ignoring the screen and any sounds or vibrations. Then let it restart.

Also Safe Mode to screen out errant apps:

Do a normal press and hold of your phone's power button until Android prompts you to turn off your phone

Next, hold the Power off menu prompt/option (the actual line of text) for a few seconds until your phone asks you to confirm that you want to enter safe mode.

Use this option sparingly as it can reset your home screen and app icon layout - erasing icons and widgets (they remain available in the app drawer).
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    04-14-18 11:13 AM