Good afternoon folks!

Has anyone else gone from the Q10 to the Keyone? How did you find the transition? Reason I ask is that I'm still using an original Q10, and absolutely love love love the keyboard feel. I picked up a Keyone demo unit at the mobility kiosk today, and the keys just felt really mushy, with very little travel, and just didn't feel that well defined (i.e. couldn't really feel the individual keys under my thumbs, like they were sunken into the unit). As much as I want a new, modern BB, and to get into all the Android apps... I'm not really loving the keys on the demo unit.

Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!
    08-01-17 04:10 PM
    Good afternoon. I had a Q10 some years ago, but I've had two other phones in-between, so my recollection of the Q10 is not the best. It was okay for its time. I like the keyboard on the K1 so much more though, and I don't feel that the keys are 'mushy' at all, that's rather how I felt about the Q10 keyboard. I tried to like the Q10 keyboard, and in the beginning it was okay, but for me it just got worse and worse with keys sticking together and double-typing issues etc. Going from a Q10 now to a K1 is a huge upgrade, imo.
    08-01-17 04:38 PM
    As with anything, there's always a break-in period when you're getting used to a new phone. I had the Q10, then went to a Galaxy S5 for 7mo before the KEYone.. I absolutely loved the Q10 keyboard. The KEYone keyboard is great too, however I found you need to press the keys a bit harder. Which is actually a good thing because you don't want to accidentally press a button while you're using it to scroll. Because this keyboard has a lot more functionality, you need to adapt your use to accommodate these added features.

In terms of how much better the phone is, it's leaps and bounds above the Q10. After a few days of customization and performance tweaks, it should be running buttery smooth and I love the 2 day battery!
    08-01-17 05:44 PM
    Of course all original Blackberry's have their perks and small features that you love and miss. I had a Q10 and I'm making the transition pretty good. I love the phone. Android is taking some getting use to but it's fair.
    08-01-17 06:21 PM
    Don't worry, you will end up liking the KEY1 better, give it time
    08-01-17 06:45 PM
    I had both the Q10 and the Classic. I likened the Q10 to my old BlackBerry Curve 8320. It wasn't my fave device. The Classic to me is more like the Bold 9900 and the KEYone, where the PKB feels solid and clickerty. I also owned the Priv which was smaller and felt mushy but I still was able to use a lot. give the K1 a couple of days and you will adjust. I absolutely love this device.
    08-01-17 07:09 PM
    I had both the Q10 and the Classic. I likened the Q10 to my old BlackBerry Curve 8320. It wasn't my fave device. The Classic to me is more like the Bold 9900 and the KEYone, where the PKB feels solid and clickerty. I also owned the Priv which was smaller and felt mushy but I still was able to use a lot. give the K1 a couple of days and you will adjust. I absolutely love this device.
    "Clickerty" I love that!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-01-17 11:21 PM
    I came from a Q10 and I loved the keyboard on it. I have got used to the K1 keyboard and love that it's capacitive.
    08-02-17 01:52 AM
    As with anything, there's always a break-in period when you're getting used to a new phone. I had the Q10, then went to a Galaxy S5 for 7mo before the KEYone.. I absolutely loved the Q10 keyboard. The KEYone keyboard is great too, however I found you need to press the keys a bit harder. Which is actually a good thing because you don't want to accidentally press a button while you're using it to scroll. Because this keyboard has a lot more functionality, you need to adapt your use to accommodate these added features.

In terms of how much better the phone is, it's leaps and bounds above the Q10. After a few days of customization and performance tweaks, it should be running buttery smooth and I love the 2 day battery!
    Remember you'll be using an android os to a large degree and the swipe flick motion is different with Android! The hub launcher and BB suites is also different than bbos10 so be prepared for that as well! Otherwise you'll really enjoy having access to the full google experience. Make you create a Gmail account and that will basically sign you in to everything! Enjoy!
    08-02-17 02:09 AM
    Good afternoon folks!

Has anyone else gone from the Q10 to the Keyone? How did you find the transition? Reason I ask is that I'm still using an original Q10, and absolutely love love love the keyboard feel. I picked up a Keyone demo unit at the mobility kiosk today, and the keys just felt really mushy, with very little travel, and just didn't feel that well defined (i.e. couldn't really feel the individual keys under my thumbs, like they were sunken into the unit). As much as I want a new, modern BB, and to get into all the Android apps... I'm not really loving the keys on the demo unit.

Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!
    do it and dont look back.

yes the kb is not as great as q10 but its just a matter of getting use to. the pros far far outweighs everything else. youll see,.,.
    08-02-17 03:04 AM
    08-02-17 08:19 AM