I was wondering whether anyone on this board heard anything in the form of an acknowledgment from Blackberry Mobile about the "Antenna Gate" situation? I would really like to know whether this will be a software fix or whether this is a design flaw.

Perhaps CBK or Blaze can weigh in here or help us get an official answer.
    08-17-17 08:49 PM
    may have reception issue resolved. I contacted AT&T and finally got a tech who knew a thing or two. I was told that the SIM card still acted as if it were in my iPhone and that there was a difference for an Android device. She reset it and so far I have not had the reception issues and it also fixed the visual Voicemail issue allowing me to set it up. it has only been 24 hours but so far so good!

Hope this helps. From another thread.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and yvpan1 like this.
    08-17-17 09:29 PM
    I dunno about Antennagate status but from my own experience, when you have great coverage with the KEYone everything works fine. For example, in my area I have a ton of towers around me and have never had any reception issues but if you're in a fringe area, with fewer towers, some have reported issues. All phones have some variances in their radios, so hard to say if it's a design flaw, weak radio or if it can be fixed via software.

Some folks have also contacted their carriers to discuss it and found that adjustments needed to be made to their accounts, eg: IMEI registration etc. AT&T specifically is notorious for their systems not updating IMEI's correctly. If you're having issues, I suggest a network reset via the settings and if that doesn't help things, contact your carrier to ensure your data on your account is all correct/current/updated. Something else to check is to ensure if you're registered online that it also shows the correct device if applicable.
    08-17-17 09:34 PM
    I was wondering whether anyone on this board heard anything in the form of an acknowledgment from Blackberry Mobile about the "Antenna Gate" situation? I would really like to know whether this will be a software fix or whether this is a design flaw.

Perhaps CBK or Blaze can weigh in here or help us get an official answer.
    I can tell you from my experience, having been through 2 KEYones, the reception on both devices were drastically different. My first one had really weak signal and my second had a strong signal.

This is while using the same OS build, SIM card, network and location.

So I would say it's purely a hardware issue and not a software issue.
    fop518 likes this.
    08-17-17 09:40 PM
    this is good to know. ive been hoping for a unreported tweak in manufacturing
    08-17-17 10:11 PM