I was definitely trying to gauge my speed with the new keyboard. I hope I can adjust. I can actually type without looking at the keys most of the time.

On the keyone, the keys are very different.
    Did anyone do a lengthy typing test that made them feel confident in the new keyboard?
    03-23-17 07:01 AM
    No. I didnt type anything very long... but thinking back to every new BlackBerry I ever had, there was always a little learning curve for your muscle memory to change. I will say, and you must agree, the phone felt great in my hand. Great weight and overall weight distribution. They keyboad was way easier to type on than the extended priv. Im so sick of sliding it open all the time. When fully extended its an awkward thing to hold.

Keys kinda had a mushy passport feel, which is different than the priv. Also the curved edges on the bottom of the phone are a big relief coming from passport and priv.
    03-23-17 07:21 AM
    Well like anything new, there will be a slow adjustment. I found the PKB to be great.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-23-17 07:22 AM
    The phone felt great. The keyboard has me a bit concerned. It kind of reminded me of the torch, but not as cramped.

I'll likely get it, but hope I can build my my extraordinary keyboard typing on it like I did with al the other keyboard phones.

I'll have to increase my posting at least 3 x.
    03-23-17 07:28 AM
    I liked the feel of the K1's PKB and it got me thinking. I had just about every BB from the 7230 on and was a PKB Deadender holding fast and holding out long after the experts declared that PKB's were dying and would soon be dead. As it happened, it was BB's Z10 that moved me away from PKB's to touchscreens. But I didn't lose track of PKB's and jumped back in with the Passport and then the Priv. But neither the Passport or Priv provided top-end PKB experience and my use of those devices sort of degraded my capabilities with PKB. So as to make comparisons between touchscreens and PKB's may have been misleading. Holding a KEYone, it came immediately back to me that I have never typed as quickly or as accurately as I did than with the old Bolds. My guess is that using a K1 will provide a larger increase from touchscreen input than I currently get when going from a touchscreen to either my Passport or Priv. Hope so.
    03-23-17 04:03 PM