Does anyone have advice or experience on a mysterious "bulge" on the back of my Keyone. I have been using for a bit over a year now and I am not sure how long it has been this way.

Location: when you are looking at the back of the Keyone, the bump starts under the BlackBerry symbol and goes on an angle to just below the camera. The highest point is directly to the top left corner of the BlackBerry symbol and is about the diameter of a dime, but raised higher. It is not easily visible without feeling it, but my case is developing a tiny little crack in that area because when I lay my phone flat, that place is hitting first. It is not hotter than any other areas on the back of my phone and the back or clips have not popped or shown any size of separating. It is solid to the touch not fluid.

Thoughts? This was not a sudden thing and I cannot pinpoint when it first started.
    01-09-20 09:56 AM
    The battery is expanding. It would be wise to open the case and check it out/replace.
    jdavison likes this.
    01-09-20 09:59 AM
    The battery is expanding. It would be wise to open the case and check it out/replace.
    This ^

Basically a cell in your battery has failed. Time to replace it. You'll likely need to take it to a repair shop, or send it off as these aren't exactly a super easy user replaceable battery as with most smartphones phones these days. Finding a battery for the Keyone could be an adventure as well depending on where you live. maybe someone else might be able to point you to who sells batteries for these currently if your local phone repair shop can't source (which is common for these unpopular devices)

BlackBerry KeyOne Battery Replacement Guide: How to remove BlackBerry KeyOne battery? - ApoTheTech.com
    jdavison likes this.
    01-09-20 10:04 AM
    Probably good idea to switch phones until fixed too
    jdavison likes this.
    01-09-20 10:21 AM
    replacing the battery is simple and cheap... battery sold on eBay is fine & mine came with some tools but you need a tiny Phillips screwdriver they did not supply but I had one... video on YouTube how to do it is clear... takes 5 minutes... stop using the phone now because if the battery bursts the phone is destroyed...
    jdavison likes this.
    01-09-20 12:19 PM
    replacing the battery is simple and cheap... battery sold on eBay is fine & mine came with some tools but you need a tiny Phillips screwdriver they did not supply but I had one... video on YouTube how to do it is clear... takes 5 minutes... stop using the phone now because if the battery bursts the phone is destroyed...
    Probably not so good for anything that’s attached to above your neck either...
    jdavison likes this.
    01-09-20 12:22 PM
    Also, don't fly with that phone. :-P
    jdavison likes this.
    01-09-20 12:51 PM
    I don't think it is the battery. There is a a clip on the back cover which might have become dislodged. It is exactly in the area you describe. Push down on the back cover at about halfway between the logo and the camera lens and pop it back into place.
    Does anyone have advice or experience on a mysterious "bulge" on the back of my Keyone. I have been using for a bit over a year now and I am not sure how long it has been this way.

Location: when you are looking at the back of the Keyone, the bump starts under the BlackBerry symbol and goes on an angle to just below the camera. The highest point is directly to the top left corner of the BlackBerry symbol and is about the diameter of a dime, but raised higher. It is not easily visible without feeling it, but my case is developing a tiny little crack in that area because when I lay my phone flat, that place is hitting first. It is not hotter than any other areas on the back of my phone and the back or clips have not popped or shown any size of separating. It is solid to the touch not fluid.

Thoughts? This was not a sudden thing and I cannot pinpoint when it first started.
    Diagnose bulge on back cover-notable-00012.jpeg
    jdavison and Mecca EL like this.
    01-09-20 12:57 PM
    I don't think it is the battery. There is a a clip on the back cover which might have become dislodged. It is exactly in the area you describe. Push down on the back cover at about halfway between the logo and the camera lens and pop it back into place. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00012.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	447236
    Thank you so much for your suggestion and picture! That was exactly it! Popped right back into place and the back of my phone is flat yet again.

Thank you!!!!!!!!
    anon(10622733) likes this.
    01-09-20 07:49 PM
    I don't think it is the battery. There is a a clip on the back cover which might have become dislodged. It is exactly in the area you describe. Push down on the back cover at about halfway between the logo and the camera lens and pop it back into place. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00012.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	447236
    Thank you so much for your suggestion and picture! That was exactly it! Popped right back into place and the back of my phone is flat yet again.

Thank you!!!!!!!!
    Who’s this Yama feller? He’s like the Obi-wan of CB forums....
    jdavison likes this.
    01-09-20 09:49 PM
    Who’s this Yama feller? He’s like the Obi-wan of CB forums....
    Only so happy to be a part of the occasional opportunities to help! Thanks to the Academy, and see they really do like me!
    jdavison likes this.
    01-09-20 09:56 PM
    Only so happy to be a part of the occasional opportunities to help! Thanks to the Academy, and see they really do like me!
    Bollywood bound baby
    01-09-20 09:57 PM
    Bollywood bound baby
    Oh no.... Not the Bobolink... better known as the Dolichonyx oryzivorus which only enjoys hard water, which in Canada is quite common at this time of year.. It is also known as ice.
    01-09-20 10:02 PM
    Replace the battery now.

They can be found everywhere on eBay
    01-09-20 10:21 PM
    Replace the battery now.

They can be found everywhere on eBay
    Reread thread... nothing to do with the battery.
    jdavison, phuoc and brookie229 like this.
    01-09-20 10:31 PM
    I don't think it is the battery.
    The "Hammer" comes through again! Nice catch!
    jdavison and anon(10622733) like this.
    01-09-20 11:01 PM
    Bollywood bound baby
    hmm that name....Basball or Burn Notice?
    01-10-20 08:33 PM
    Bend it like Babaloo
    01-10-20 09:10 PM
    Burn Notice
    01-10-20 10:19 PM
    I'm glad it wasn't the battery. Badass fix suggestion from the Yam-ham.
    anon(10622733) and jdavison like this.
    01-11-20 01:36 AM
    I'm glad it wasn't the battery. Badass fix suggestion from the Yam-ham.
    Give me half the chance and I'd fix your bad arse too... lol
    01-11-20 01:53 AM
    It's just happy to see you.
    Mecca EL and anon(10622733) like this.
    01-11-20 08:07 AM

Thank you!!!!!!!!
    Anyone willing to help with a new problem? As noted above, the back of my phone was fixed by popping the clip back into place. However, another problem spot came about on the lower right corner of the back of my phone (when looking at the back). It too started popping out of place continually and eventually the clip seemed to just break as the separation from the phone and the back kept creeping higher and higher. Since I already had a crack in the middle of the back of my phone from unknowingly leaving that clip out for so long, I decided to get a new phone back off of Ebay. My hubby installed it today with instructions from another thread and all seemed fine for about 2 minutes until that same bottom right corner popped out again. If i gently press it, I hear it clip in and instantly clip back out. If I press more diligently and push a little up and/or down, it stays in place for close to a minute, but then spontaneously pops back out even when not being used. Is my phone itself warped? Is the back installed wrong even though every other clip seems tight? Thoughts?
    02-02-20 06:57 PM
    Anyone willing to help with a new problem? As noted above, the back of my phone was fixed by popping the clip back into place. However, another problem spot came about on the lower right corner of the back of my phone (when looking at the back). It too started popping out of place continually and eventually the clip seemed to just break as the separation from the phone and the back kept creeping higher and higher. Since I already had a crack in the middle of the back of my phone from unknowingly leaving that clip out for so long, I decided to get a new phone back off of Ebay. My hubby installed it today with instructions from another thread and all seemed fine for about 2 minutes until that same bottom right corner popped out again. If i gently press it, I hear it clip in and instantly clip back out. If I press more diligently and push a little up and/or down, it stays in place for close to a minute, but then spontaneously pops back out even when not being used. Is my phone itself warped? Is the back installed wrong even though every other clip seems tight? Thoughts?
    Don't let hubby do it next time...

Other than that I'd consider 2 options. Getting a $3 clear gel case or trying a tiny spot of crazy glue on the offending clip.
    jdavison likes this.
    02-02-20 07:27 PM
    buy a new back pretty cheap ...under $30 for battery and back & it's easy to do it...
    02-03-20 09:56 PM
27 12