Anyone else seeing this? I just received the update this morning and now if you go into the Google Play store under settings, it shows uncertified. The only reason I noticed this is a friend with an unlocked Priv got their July patch and noticed it. I checked the Play store yesterday while my KeyOne was still on the June patch and it showed certified. Today after update, it shows uncertified.
    07-18-17 03:07 PM
    I've only saw this on pre-production units, never on released units. It does however explain why Android Pay isn't working.

Test something for me @ray689 - Go to Settings >Apps>Google Play Store >Storage>Clear Cache & Data and then log back into the store and let me know if it goes to certified after that.
    07-18-17 03:13 PM
    I've only saw this on pre-production units, never on released units. It does however explain why Android Pay isn't working.

Test something for me @ray689 - Go to Settings >Apps>Google Play Store >Storage>Clear Cache & Data and then log back into the store and let me know if it goes to certified after that.
    Still showing uncertified after that.
    07-18-17 03:57 PM
    K, thanks!
    07-18-17 03:58 PM
    I'll be holding off on July if it ever comes now.
    07-18-17 04:04 PM
    I'll be holding off on July if it ever comes now.
    Doesn't seem to affect anything so I wouldn't be overly concerned.
    07-18-17 04:51 PM
    Doesn't seem to affect anything so I wouldn't be overly concerned.
    Android Pay apparently from what Bla1ze said above
    07-18-17 04:58 PM
    Android Pay apparently from what Bla1ze said above
    From what I've read on here, some have Android pay working so who knows.
    07-18-17 04:59 PM
    Can I ask for some clarification? This does not affect purchasing or downloading apps from Google Play. You can still do that?

It affects using the phone to pay for items using Google Pay by touch/tapping?
    07-18-17 08:05 PM
    Can I ask for some clarification? This does not affect purchasing or downloading apps from Google Play. You can still do that?

I don't use Android pay so I'm not sure on that. Everything else seems to be working as normal though.
    07-18-17 08:39 PM
    I found out that Android Pay is not working on my KEYone either. Was working perfectly before the update. Shows device "uncertified" in Google Play store... Do we contact Rogers about it as mine is from there?
    07-19-17 12:35 AM
    My device on Telus now shows as uncertified as well. This explains why Android Pay no longer works on my phone either. I would guess each new build must be approved by Google and it hasn't happened yet. This might explain some of the other issues people have been having with this July update.
    07-19-17 01:36 AM
    My unlocked Priv is also now showing uncertified. when I pushed on the uncertified word, it took me to Google Play help web page that tells how to see if device is certified, what that means, possible reasons why, and what to do link.
    07-19-17 02:02 AM
    My unlocked Priv is also now showing uncertified. when I pushed on the uncertified word, it took me to Google Play help web page that tells how to see if device is certified, what that means, possible reasons why, and what to do link.
    Mine still shows as certified. I'm on July security update.
    07-19-17 02:11 AM
    I'm on July security also. I know it was still saying certified in May, but don't know what it said after the June update as I don't remember looking. I just bought mine in April. Is there a way to undue the July update to see if it changes back to certified?
    07-19-17 02:23 AM
    If you disable Google Play Store by going to settings then apps and then enable it again by opening it back up in app drawer -- Priv will show as certified again. Hope this works for you like it did me.
    07-19-17 04:35 AM
    I found out that Android Pay is not working on my KEYone either. Was working perfectly before the update. Shows device "uncertified" in Google Play store... Do we contact Rogers about it as mine is from there?
    You would likely have to contact BlackBerry .
    07-19-17 07:50 AM
    If you disable Google Play Store by going to settings then apps and then enable it again by opening it back up in app drawer -- Priv will show as certified again. Hope this works for you like it did me.
    Didn't work on KEYone.
    07-19-17 08:26 AM
    I sent an email to BlackBerry Mobile support about this issue, we'll see what their response is. Could take a day or so.
    07-19-17 12:39 PM

What uncertified status means
    If your device is uncertified, Google doesn’t have a record of the Android compatibility test results.

Please keep in mind that:

Uncertified devices may not be secure.
    Uncertified devices may not get Android system updates, or app updates.
    Google apps on uncertified devices aren't licensed and may not be real Google apps.
    Apps and features on uncertified devices may not work correctly.
    Data on uncertified devices may not back up securely.
    https://support.google.com/googlepla.../7165974?hl=en

Android Pay breaking is the most obvious issue but there are other Google apps that can stop working when devices are not certified.
    07-19-17 01:09 PM
    This is an interesting development.
    07-19-17 03:40 PM
    Usually getting uncertified requires unlocking the bootloader (if not reloading a third party OS spin), but since this is a KEYone it's got to be an issue with the software on the phone. If anyone wants to volunteer a factory reset to see if that recertifies the phone, that would be appreciated.
    07-19-17 04:57 PM
    I have this on my Keyone
    Attached Thumbnails Device "uncertified" in Google Play after July update.-723.jpg  
    07-19-17 05:06 PM
    I am seeing decertified on my device as well. To be honest I never checked this before so I don't know if Rogers July update broke this but mobile pay has not worked on my device since day1.
    07-19-17 05:12 PM
    Doing a factory reset fixes the Uncertified thing (I messed up DTEK and decided to do a reset anyways).
    FF22 likes this.
    07-21-17 03:15 PM
43 12