Hey guys,

So device has become laggy for sure, and it happens sporadically. But whenever it happens, it shows me that little warning.

Anyway, it's not like any new apps were installed when this started happening. And I uninstalled FB/Messenger. But it still happens...

I notice it happens often when I launch the Google search bar, and/or Google browser.

It gets better and stays that way till the next occurrence after I reboot. This next occurrence of lag can happen anytime within the next day or so.

Without a way to "delete cache", I don't know what else to do?
    08-12-19 11:28 AM
    Without a way to "delete cache", I don't know what else to do?
    You can delete the cache from any app individually. Get into the habit of clearing it for apps that maintain a large cache or just download something like SD Maid to do it for you. If it's that bad though, you should consider a factory reset to clean out the cobwebs and junk files and go from there.
    Devil likes this.
    08-12-19 11:51 AM
    Got it, thanks!
    Also, thanks for that app recommendation - going to get that ship sailing right away!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    08-12-19 12:54 PM
    Thank you for the suggestion. Purchased the Pro version of the SD Maid app for all my Android devices.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    08-12-19 01:04 PM
    SD Maid works very well. I utilized on my 6th gen Fire 8 tablet and it cleaned out 3.7GB of stuff. It did not affect any of my apps and or Google Play Store added. It definitely smoothed out performance.
    08-17-19 05:56 PM
    You can delete the cache from any app individually. Get into the habit of clearing it for apps that maintain a large cache or just download something like SD Maid to do it for you. If it's that bad though, you should consider a factory reset to clean out the cobwebs and junk files and go from there.
    Quick question though, if I go with factory reset - is there a way to "restore" installed apps, and their folder placements? Maybe even hub settings?
    08-18-19 11:57 AM
    Factory reset will return the phone into the state that you initially purchased it. You can easily reinstall apps from the Playstore, but any folders that you had will have to recreated, as well as your Hub settings.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-19 04:41 PM
    Thanks! What about restores? SMS/Contacts?
    08-18-19 06:17 PM
    Google stores your contacts (unless you stop that) and they will come back. you can also export ALL your contacts as a SINGLE VCF file.

as for SMS MMS I use this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SBackupRestore

Whatsapp has a feature to save/restore to Google Drive.

move all your stuff to a microSDXC card... very cheaply available up to 512GB.

then there is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.easymigrate

which works fairly well but the not for notes (failed for me, but I back-up all my notes b share to Google Keep). some other Hub+ stuff needs back-up too since it might mess up.

good prepaid you will be back up quickly...

a Factory Reset is permanent...
    08-18-19 06:42 PM