I'm messing around with device search and currently have it set for just text messages and calendar. I use android messages. I was searching for a certain text via device search and couldn't pull it up. When I went direct to the search feature, I found it fine that way. I started messing around with device search to try to see why it wouldn't. Finally, I just searched the word 'the' and there were hundreds of results, but nothing more recent than 1/26/18. I did a bunch of other searches with the same results. I can't get device search to pull up a text more recent than 1/26. I've racked my brain and gone through all the settings. Any ideas on why this is happening?
    03-28-18 01:56 PM
    Meant to say "when I went direct to the search feature 'within android messages' it worked fine"
    03-28-18 01:57 PM
    Nobody?
    03-30-18 06:35 PM
    Nobody?
    Last call, anybody? Bla1ze?

I've even deleted a ton of texts thinking that it might produce more recent results, but it's still stuck at texts from 1/26/18 or older.
    04-01-18 02:59 PM
    Device search is not working properly, Go to setting apps/device search and delete all updates. and then do not update, turn off auto update, someday someone will fix this.
    Today I was wondering why device search would find my music files, and then was unable to play them because it said it 'could not fine the file', so,,,,

A long time ago I had this problem, thought it was fixed.
    04-26-18 08:04 PM