I've gotten lost amid all the device rumors and hype on the different threads. Can someone clarify the difference between the Vienna, Rome, Mercury, and D70? He told me the Rome was the D50 that already came out, but I've read other things on different threads. Also, which ones will feature a physical keyboard? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 07:22 PM
    The Vienna / DTEK70 are the same rumoured device with the physical keyboard.
    When / if it comes out is still up in the air.
    The name also is to be determined. It will all depend if it's BlackBerry bringing it to market or a one of its licensed partners.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 07:43 PM
    As far as I can recall, Vienna, Rome, Mercury all refer to the same keyboard device project at different stages, and now that we have the DTEK 50 and 60, some people are called the next expected device (Mercury) DTEK70.

Neon (and probably Hamburg) was a code-name for the DTEK50 and Argon was a code-name for the DTEK60.

The DTEKs are standard all touch slabs and the Mercury is a physical keyboard device.
    11-19-16 07:49 PM
    They're all the same device to me, likely spread across multiple prototypes and iterations. The most tangible model name we have is the BBB100-1 from the Geekbench report, but even that could be non-production.

The important thing is there will be one more physical qwerty device. The 2 year anniversary from the Dec 17, 2014 Classic launch is coming up and I would love for it to launch around that time, though Q1 might be a safer bet.
    PALoeza likes this.
    11-19-16 08:03 PM
    I thought Vienna was what they were calling the Priv during development. Whereas Mercury and Rome have both been used in rumours talking about the next, and final, device.

---={\\\\]--[ Dispensed with BlackBerry Passport
    11-21-16 12:32 PM
    I thought Vienna was what they were calling the Priv during development. Whereas Mercury and Rome have both been used in rumours talking about the next, and final, device.

No, that was Venice.
    11-21-16 12:37 PM
    No, that was Venice.
    Damn it, why can't they follow an alphabetical system like we have for naming storms!

PALoeza likes this.
    11-21-16 12:45 PM