The normal customer buys a * BlackBerry * KEYone, not a * TCL * KEYone.

BlackBerry or TCL now, it doesn't matter. Fact is the *BlackBerry* KEYone has issues, delays and other things to complain.

Exactly!

Not falling for the "... it's not BlackBerry gibberish..."

BlackBerry logo... BlackBerry powered by Android.

It IS a BlackBerry. Just because it's a different get to market scheme doesn't make it NOT BlackBerry.
    07-06-17 10:03 AM
    But it's gotten mostly positive reviews in the media, even by people who are normally critical of Blackberry, so it's not just a Crackberry community thing to praise the phone.
    Not quite accurate - many reviews have stated the fluidity of the experience (ie. Lag) is not quite as good, the camera is adequate but not great, the screen is dim loll

On cb it's - "Omg it's the fastest phone I own and I have a Samsung to compare to!" "it takes great photos" "screen is bright and no issues!"

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 10:10 AM
    Do you have a Keyone or are you basing this on what you are reading in the forum?
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-06-17 10:20 AM
    Not quite accurate - many reviews have stated the fluidity of the experience (ie. Lag) is not quite as good, the camera is adequate but not great, the screen is dim loll

On cb it's - "Omg it's the fastest phone I own and I have a Samsung to compare to!" "it takes great photos" "screen is bright and no issues!"

Posted via CB10
    Please quote them? Almost every review I've read has been positive. The screen is not dim once you take off adaptive brightness. So anyone who said that is just wrong, it has 665 nits brightness, which is about the same as the Iphone 7.

PC World: 5 Stars
    https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/revie...-phone/621277/

Tech Rader: 4 stars
    BlackBerry KeyOne review | TechRadar

Phoen Arena: 4 Stars
    https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/B...-Review_id4349

Android Authority: 4 stars
    BlackBerry KEYone review: Getting stuff done - Android Authority

The Verge: 7 out of 10
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/4/15...phone-keyboard

Pocket Lint: 4.5 stars
    BlackBerry KeyOne review: BlackBerry's bold return to form - Pocket-lint

Tom's Guide: 4 stars
    https://www.tomsguide.com/us/blackbe...view-4219.html

Trusted Reviews: 7 out of 10
    BlackBerry KEYone review – Physical keyboards are back | TrustedReviews

Engadget: 4 stars
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/04/...keyone-review/

Tech Advisor: 4 stars
    BlackBerry KEYone review: If it’s for you then it’s near perfect - Tech Advisor

Know Your Mobile: 4 stars
    BlackBerry KEYone Review: The Best BlackBerry In YEARS | Know Your Mobile

Stuff: 4 stars
    https://www.stuff.tv/blackberry/keyone/review

As for the S8 vs Keyone, obviously the S8 has a better processor but it's not immediately apparent that it is much faster:

And I have a LG G6 and don't notice much difference
    07-06-17 10:23 AM
    I'm very curious what the forum was like when the Playbook launched with no email client or even the Storm 1 (that had a 99% return rate apparently)

Posted via CB10
    hjc73734, mister2d and Mike-Mike like this.
    07-06-17 10:38 AM
    Well their name is on it, so they have something to do with it.
    07-06-17 12:07 PM
    Hello all I can say very pleased and happy with my KEYᴼᴺᴱ. The battery life is just incredible and it's working perfectly. No issues. Nada.
    Everybody that has seen it and tried loves it.
    Understand nothing is perfect in this world but overall great device and more coming from joint venture BlackBerry and TCL.
    07-06-17 01:24 PM
    To Mercuryone

You were one of the fortunate ones to have a good experience with your phone. But the fact still remains, It's not about me casting negativity this product. No one can deny that this phone has upset a lot of people due to poor build quality. These are the facts. Again, this can be a better phone. That's all I'm trying to say.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on of those people who call a spade a spade and will call BlackBerry out on what it should be called out for. Nothing wrong w that.

However, every single complaint you have on the KEYone (not the PRIV or others) is dead wrong in my case and every case of people I know who own the phone. They also are nowhere near "the facts" when it comes to the overall supply of Keyones.

Plenty to complain about with BlackBerry and TCL, too, but this is inaccurate.
    ce71 and Barbareren like this.
    07-06-17 02:03 PM
    To JWW: Okay. There is nothing wrong with the Keyone. I stand corrected.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 02:27 PM
    The world has moved on. No one is forcing you to buy the phone. Most who will never post are satisfied most likely. I for one have had few complaints. is it perfect, no. But, it does everything pretty well. Again BB is out of the hardware game. Let's see where TCL goes from here.
    ce71 and jamesharmeling like this.
    07-06-17 02:30 PM
    That was all I was trying to say. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    jeffsantos likes this.
    07-06-17 02:45 PM
    Mine is fine I have 2 in the family. There's are lots f fortunate ones it seems.
    07-06-17 03:12 PM
    Yea that's nice thanks? Loll

Please support what - I said many reviews have said the camera, performance, and screen weren't that good. I never said the reviews were bad.

Mr. Mobile, Flossy Carter, Android Authority, Lisa from MobileTechReviews to name a few gave overall positive reviews but said the dimness, lag, and camera were not as awesome as some have said loll

Posted via CB10
    Flossy Carter yes....the others no. I've watched Mr Mobile's review more than once, he uses it as his daily driver now. I didn't see Lisa say it lagged either. Both said the camera was good just not good in low light, which I agree with. But give me the time stamps of when they said it lagged please.
    07-06-17 03:30 PM
    *Sigh* You guys are taking this way too personal. As with any product I want to buy, I do the following before purchase:

1. Read what the product is designed to do.
    The Blackberry Keyone does what it is designed to do. Its primary focus is for the business user. I am such a user. This is why I own several Blackberry products and they do suit my needs. I wanted to add the Keyone to my arsenal.

2. Reviews
    I watch every YouTube video review I can on the product. I read forums. I read other people's take on the product good or bad. This is called researching a product. Since there is no demo available to test it, I have to use what is readily available to me. I believe this to be a good source of information...people who actually have the product and sharing their experiences. Good or bad. I have to take it all into account.

3. Perception
    A lot of you have stated that you have no problems whatsoever with this phone. That is great. Does this mean I simply ignore the remaining people who actually have an issue with this phone? Let me break it down like this...

Performance - this is a perception. Some people don't have a problem with it, some do.

Screen not bright enough - Again, this is a perception. To some people, screen brightness is fine. To others, not so much.

Speaker not loud enough - See above

Multiple reports of screens popping out of phones with little or no effort? I'm simply pointing out the obvious. This is not a perception. This is a design flaw. For this reason, I'm waiting it out meaning I just want a better built product for me to buy with my money. What's is wrong with stating this? It's really that simple. I'm not trying to spend money on a phone with the hope that I'm one of the fortunate ones. These problems exist people. And it should be addressed. Take this anyway you want but this is a forum and I have a concern. I'm posting my concern.
    Last edited by dougmixer; 07-06-17 at 03:50 PM.
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-06-17 03:32 PM
    I have had zero problems with my device. My wife and I bought them and have been using them a ton, build quality is on point and we couldn't be happier.

It sounds like you just love the design of the passport. Have you even used the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as your daily driver for 2-3 weeks?
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-06-17 04:04 PM
    Well if you thought brightness on the K1 was dim, hope you don't own a Priv. Here's a side-by-side comparison pic. Both phones have adaptive brightness turned off and brightness is on max. But again, this is only proof, and I know how you haters don't like the whole proof-thing.

Attachment 426606
    Priv looks much better and keyone feels like it washed out badly.
    07-06-17 04:28 PM
    Priv looks much better and keyone feels like it washed out badly.
    That's nothing compared to how the Priv's screen looks after 2pm... when the battery dies.
    07-06-17 04:34 PM
    That's nothing compared to how the Priv's screen looks after 2pm... when the battery dies.
    I don't play games or stream so priv last full day for me. Priv will last a day for me and keyone last two days without charging but I charge my phone before I go to sleep.
    07-06-17 04:40 PM
    CE71. You're absolutely correct. I don't own a Keyone. That still doesn't make all of the screen lift issues that are reported in these forums go away now does it? As I stated earlier, the problem exists. Not with you but others.
    07-06-17 05:00 PM
    Flossy Carter yes....the others no. I've watched Mr Mobile's review more than once, he uses it as his daily driver now. I didn't see Lisa say it lagged either. Both said the camera was good just not good in low light, which I agree with. But give me the time stamps of when they said it lagged please.
    He said it wasn't as smooth as the other 625 device - the moto z.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-06-17 05:19 PM
    He said it wasn't as smooth as the other 625 device - the moto z.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm this. I had zte blade v8 pro, moto g5 plus, moto z play, and they are better optimized compared to keyone. If you disable bb suites, it's bit better.
    07-06-17 05:23 PM
    How much do people want to bet if I go back to when the PRIV was new and people were complaining about the batter life - you were around saying it gets you through an entire day easily? Lolll

Alright I'm just playing obviously - but just chill man, I get that not all KEYone's have dim screens. But I suspect some of the units do have a dim screen issue as more than a few people have reported this even after turning off adaptive display.

But sorry if I made it seem like the dim screen was a main feature of the K1 loll it isn't, I think it's a defect for some units that's all.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 05:25 PM
    CE71. You're absolutely correct. I don't own a Keyone. That still doesn't make all of the screen lift issues that are reported in these forums go away now does it? As I stated earlier, the problem exists. Not with you but others.
    You exaggerated many of the problems in your original post - and you've never even used one.

What about the performance/lag? Did you not see the K1 vs S8 comparison video?

What about the "fake inventory?" Where's your proof of that?

What about the dim screen? Just because Flossy said the screen was dim?

You exaggerated.

Buy a K1 from Amazon today. You can send it back for a refund withing 30 days. USE. THE. DEVICE. FIRST. Then come on here and tell us what you think.
    Barbareren and JWW like this.
    07-06-17 05:26 PM
    I take it the OP poster has a KEYone that experienced, lag, poor signal, terrible speaker sound and screen lift all together.
    For what's it worth, I have not had any of these issues in the least bit. Lag not a concern at all, signal is fine as it screen.
    jamesharmeling and JWW like this.
    07-06-17 05:44 PM
    Closed. For. Review.
    john_v likes this.
    07-06-17 08:55 PM
114 1234 ...