I have had my KeyOne since June and I'm over the moon with it, but there's one thing that I absolutely HATE: deleting pictures. It either takes 10 minutes to delete 10 photos, or they don't get deleted at all. I have got to the point where both my phone and my sd card are almost full and I just have to delete some photos now to keep using my phone. I've tried deleting a couple dozen for the past HOUR and I have thousands more to go, so I'm about ready to pull out my hair by now.

The funny thing is, this doesn't seem to be a specific KeyOne issue, does it? I've tried searching for people having the same problem and I can't find any. I can only find people who get an error when they try to delete their photos. Now, I don't get an error. My phone just pretends to delete photos but really doesn't. Anyone else..? Any tips..?
    04-01-18 08:44 AM
    I have had my KeyOne since June and I'm over the moon with it, but there's one thing that I absolutely HATE: deleting pictures. It either takes 10 minutes to delete 10 photos, or they don't get deleted at all. I have got to the point where both my phone and my sd card are almost full and I just have to delete some photos now to keep using my phone. I've tried deleting a couple dozen for the past HOUR and I have thousands more to go, so I'm about ready to pull out my hair by now.

The funny thing is, this doesn't seem to be a specific KeyOne issue, does it? I've tried searching for people having the same problem and I can't find any. I can only find people who get an error when they try to delete their photos. Now, I don't get an error. My phone just pretends to delete photos but really doesn't. Anyone else..? Any tips..?
    Delete files from the File Manager.

You're probably using Google Photos?
    04-01-18 09:00 AM
    Yeah, since it's the default app on my phone and I'm a bit weary about trying other apps. I just tried Piktures which was even worse, it showed pictures I have already deleted, so I could start all over again...
    04-01-18 09:14 AM
    Yeah, since it's the default app on my phone and I'm a bit weary about trying other apps. I just tried Piktures which was even worse, it showed pictures I have already deleted, so I could start all over again...
    Use Solid Explorer file manager.

Google Photos sync with the cloud, so you may be deleting local content that just comes back after a re-sync.
    04-01-18 09:15 AM
    I'll try that, thanks. And oops, I meant to type wary, not weary :')
    04-01-18 09:16 AM
    I turned off syncing a while ago because I figured that was the problem, but it didn't change anything actually.

I just emptied one folder with Solid Explorer, worked like a charm, loads of pictures gone within one minute, but every other folder I try just gets stuck at 0% until I cancel

-edit- Tried deleting single images in Solid Explorer, doesn't work either. I'm trying to delete them from my phone right now, not my SD card. No error, just nothing happens. Just like in Google Photos. Deleting photos is simply impossible. I think I'm going crazy.
    04-01-18 09:34 AM
    Just adding info here, my default file manager won't let me delete files either. Takes ages and then it just says "can't delete". No further explanation.
    04-01-18 09:50 AM
    Just adding info here, my default file manager won't let me delete files either. Takes ages and then it just says "can't delete". No further explanation.
    Can you view the images that can't be deleted?
    04-01-18 10:07 AM
    04-01-18 10:08 AM
    Yes.
    Try deleting from Windows Explorer via USB.
    04-01-18 10:10 AM
    The "files" app in your app drawer is pre-loaded now. Delete from there. you don't need to download a file manager.
    04-01-18 10:23 AM
    The "files" app in your app drawer is pre-loaded now. Delete from there. you don't need to download a file manager.
    Not for this, but you do if you want the other 75% of what a real file manager can do.

Plus, he did mention that he tried the stock file manager too.
    04-01-18 10:33 AM
    yeah I find Google photos slow sometimes....its either done in milliseconds or hours... having wifi or full signal doesn't seem to make a difference
    04-01-18 11:39 AM
    Not for this, but you do if you want the other 75% of what a real file manager can do.

Plus, he did mention that he tried the stock file manager too.
    Oh I didn't see that mention.
    04-01-18 11:47 AM
    That's weird. I don't have any problems deleting photos in Google photos - it's a pretty slick process. Although I do recall in the early days of the phone deleting large numbers of photos was very very slow. Now I mostly delete once a month and get rid of about 200-300 at a time.

Is the app sharing or linking with any other apps?
    04-01-18 04:54 PM
    If you are using Google Photos and have it syncing, can you delete from the website?
    04-02-18 06:05 PM
    If you are using Google Photos and have it syncing, can you delete from the website?
    Yes, you can.
    04-02-18 10:07 PM
    I've never used google backup, but have same problem. Using BlackBerry files and photos apps doesn't delete photos off SD card. They say they do, but when next start app they are there.

Have resorted to putting SD card into PC and sorting out there. Odd.
    04-03-18 06:43 AM
    I've never used google backup, but have same problem. Using BlackBerry files and photos apps doesn't delete photos off SD card. They say they do, but when next start app they are there.

Have resorted to putting SD card into PC and sorting out there. Odd.
    Sorry for the late reply. I thought no one had replied after me.

All the file managers I tried don't work. I am still stuck with thousands of pictures I want to delete. The problem has gotten bigger: I need to ship my KeyOne to Blackberry to get the screen repaired (it popped out) and I want to backup my files. I can't. Even connected to my PC, I cannot access my phone. It's extremely frustrating. Thanks for the SD card tip. I wish I had a card reader. I'll have to go shopping for one tomorrow

P.S.: Someone referred to me as 'he', I'm a she
    05-21-18 05:18 PM
    Did anyone find any resolution to this issue? I'm having the same issues with my K1 taking forever to delete photos.
    07-16-18 09:32 AM
    I use QuickPic and have no issues yet
    07-17-18 04:09 AM
    I have another issue with the Photos app that sometimes once you have taken photos, some of the photos will be saved in a Camera folder from the device while I have set to be saved in SD Card. I tried deleting the photos being saved in the device folder, it took me ages and turned out a message saying can't delete....
    07-17-18 05:21 AM

This won't really help with your image deleting problem, but since you're concerned with space, it's worth noting. You should open google photos, and open the hamburger menu on the top left. Open the bin. And empty all of these photos that you have previously 'deleted'.
    If you are deleting photos with google photos, they don't get deleted right away. They get moved to a bin, and then get deleted 30(?) days later, if you don't recover them.
    07-17-18 12:14 PM