I had blackberry since the beginning of time, but dropped off and now going back after seeing the key one. should I get it? I've had my iPhone for a long time and used to it. What are the major benefits of a key one compared to an iPhone? Any thoughts?
    03-09-17 02:33 PM
    The main benefit for me is that it's not an iPhone with all its Apple imposed limitations. And has a BlackBerry keyboard.
    03-09-17 02:41 PM
    1) Do you want or need a PKB? (if not the DTEK60 is a better phone)
    2) Are you dissatisfied with Apple?
    3) Any key features or paid Apps in the Apple ecosystem that you must have?
    4) Any experience with Android?
    03-09-17 02:41 PM
    If u want the keyboard and are willing to give up some screenspace for it . Yes go for it
    03-09-17 02:48 PM
    Just don't expect your keyone to work like bb10. You'll either love or hate if you were hardcore bb10 user. I like all platform but bb10 is still my favorite.

Posted via CB10
    th.1977 and Steelsheen like this.
    03-09-17 03:06 PM
    Krazyatom

I'm slightly concerned by you saying don't expect your phone to work like it's on bb10!

Tbh I wanted this phone as I like a pkb, but then had 2nd thoughts at £500, ppl saying you can get a better specced phone for less pounds. But when I started looking at each alternative mentioned something niggled that they either aren't that great, the parts don't add up to as good as the Keyone, or in the UK aren't actually that much cheaper than £500

So I had settled on the Keyone, but now you have me worried with your comments
    03-09-17 03:19 PM
    Bb10 is superior to Android in every way except apps imo but any blackberry android is better than a non blackberry one if for no other reason than the keyboard . Imo blackberry keyboard either touch or physical is better than else out there atm
    JLOforshort and Steelsheen like this.
    03-09-17 04:19 PM
    BlackBerry has slowly been improving Android's functionality to have it work like BB10. Yes, of course it won't ever be exactly like BB10. But it's getting closer and closer with every update.

They had me sold on Android the moment they added pinch to view unread mail in the hub. That right there alone will get me to go Android.
    Jane23 likes this.
    03-09-17 04:33 PM
    So far I like the reviews I have seen on the Keyone. As other folks have stated, Blackberry has made great improvements in the Android software and the Hub and Calendar functions are very close to OS10.

As for myself, I am buying one the day it's officially released on the Blackberry website.
    03-09-17 05:28 PM
    For me, I much like the way Android, and BlackBerry OS, and BB10, for that matter, are easier to move files from PC to Phone, and back. I like the idea that I can just drag and drop mp3 files, make ringtones easily, etc. My wife wanted a special ring tone for her iphone, and I had to do a major search, and the learning curve was significant. Once I figured out that I had to load the song, cut a snippet for the ringtone, modify the file, all in itunes... (another bone of contention), I finally got it done. So much easier and for me, intuitive, on the Android / BlackBerry
    03-09-17 08:23 PM
    Bb10 and android are different os's with different strengths. They don't run exactly the same but BlackBerry is slowly building out their android environment and it is getting better all the time.

Have you used an android device before to compare to iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 08:26 PM
    In a perfect world we would have bb10 but with apps.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-11-17 07:01 PM
    . ...Have you used an android device before to compare to iPhone?
    BB10, Android, and Windows have similar hierarchical file structures.

IOS is distinct with separate private file spaces for each app with no user accessible file browser.
    03-11-17 09:01 PM
    Android really isn't all that bad. BlackBerry is doing a great job with the BlackBerry software suite they're offering. I'm really starting to enjoy the hub and different aspects they offer.

The peek and flow of bb10 isn't maybe there but it's pretty good all the same.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:09 PM
    My decision making process for whether or not I'm getting a KEYone:

1. Do I need or what the PKB?
    A: Yes

2. Do I need the Android apps to replace iPhone as my daily driver since BB10 cannot do it?

3. Do I need or what the BlackBerry integration and apps, otherwise I can get other PKB phones from other brands?
    A: Yes, I want the Hub, the DTEK, and everything else BlackBerry.

I think I have my answer.

I hope that helps with your decision making.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:19 PM
    03-12-17 06:32 AM
    If you want a PKB and don't want to be locked down into Apple everything with your device then go for the KEYone. I would also highlight the fact you can run expandable memory, I have many friends with an apple device who are paying extra for cloud storage because they use all their memory. I'm running 32GB card on the 32GB device and can easily update that storage if needed.
    03-12-17 10:06 AM
    Just don't expect your keyone to work like bb10. You'll either love or hate if you were hardcore bb10 user. I like all platform but bb10 is still my favorite.

Posted via CB10
    True!

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-12-17 10:38 AM
    If you want a PKB and don't want to be locked down into Apple everything with your device then go for the KEYone. I would also highlight the fact you can run expandable memory, I have many friends with an apple device who are paying extra for cloud storage because they use all their memory. I'm running 32GB card on the 32GB device and can easily update that storage if needed.
    This is one of the reasons I would not want to own an apple device. Not enough storage plus having your content in THEIR cloud. (Sorry for high jack... continue discussing KEYone!)
    tnewton3 likes this.
    03-12-17 01:58 PM
    To turn my post above to a positive for KEYone, I can forseee using memory cards and free cloud storage such as Dropbox, and not be tied to an iPhone account.
    03-12-17 02:01 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    My decision making process for whether or not I'm getting a KEYone:

1. Do I need or what the PKB?

2. Do I need the Android apps to replace iPhone as my daily driver since BB10 cannot do it?

3. Do I need or what the BlackBerry integration and apps, otherwise I can get other PKB phones from other brands?
    A: Yes, I want the Hub, the DTEK, and everything else BlackBerry.

I think I have my answer.

I hope that helps with your decision making.

Posted via CB10
    +1 nicely said!
    03-12-17 02:03 PM
    This is one of the reasons I would not want to own an apple device. Not enough storage plus having your content in THEIR cloud. (Sorry for high jack... continue discussing KEYone!)
    apple sells iPhone with 128 and 250's something for internal storage..
    03-12-17 10:01 PM
    Krazyatom

I'm slightly concerned by you saying don't expect your phone to work like it's on bb10!

Tbh I wanted this phone as I like a pkb, but then had 2nd thoughts at £500, ppl saying you can get a better specced phone for less pounds. But when I started looking at each alternative mentioned something niggled that they either aren't that great, the parts don't add up to as good as the Keyone, or in the UK aren't actually that much cheaper than £500

So I had settled on the Keyone, but now you have me worried with your comments
    If you lower expectation, you'll be happy. We already know how keyone will perform and how battery life will be. Priv had keyboard but it was a phone nothing really special and keyone is basically slightly better overall with PKB. Battery life will be huge improvement over Priv but performance will be slightly above.
    03-13-17 09:37 PM
    Hi

i am a Blackberry addict for 12 years now. cannot use any other phone, i own 2 phones the Bold and the Classic. i am thinking to get this new KEYone, wondering whether it will work with Verizon in the US. i have Verizon and not planning to switch ...

anyone with info please help out.

Thank you
    03-13-17 10:37 PM
    In a perfect world we would have bb10 but with apps.
    And the world keeps spinning and that thought has been left in the dust
    03-13-17 10:41 PM
32 12