I don't see anymore thread about updates. Am I alone? Still no December update...
    It isn't even funny anymore...
    And you say blackberry is serious company???
    01-16-18 01:00 PM
    Just use an autoloader, or get in touch with your carrier and see what answer(s) they gove you,
    01-16-18 01:09 PM
    I don't see anymore thread about updates. Am I alone? Still no December update...
    It isn't even funny anymore...
    And you say blackberry is serious company???
    You seem to have trouble understanding that you bought your device from Optiemus Infracom. BlackBerry is not involved - they've already provided the update to TCL.

Optiemus Infracom will determine if and when an update gets released. We have no idea what kind of testing or certifications they require.

If you want to go over their heads, use an autoloader.

Otherwise, voice your concerns to Optiemus.

We've had this same discussion several times. The answer doesn't change.
    Last edited by conite; 01-16-18 at 01:59 PM.
    01-16-18 01:36 PM
    I never use third party apps for such things, so it means I have to wait...
    now I understand.. and have to say very stupid scheme... it seems I bought phone as blackberry and really it's not blackberry... just device and support and everything is for optiemus, am I right?
    01-16-18 01:50 PM
    now I understand.. and have to say very stupid scheme... it seems I bought phone as blackberry and really it's not blackberry... just device and support and everything is for optiemus, am I right?
    You've purchased a phone from a company that pays Blackberry to use its name and its software.

Any issues you have is with your seller.

Blackberry has already provided them with the update, so BlackBerry's job is done.
    01-16-18 01:57 PM
    The phone you bought was licensed for sale and use in the countries of India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh since that's where Optiemus has license rights. The updates for their devices are whatever schedule they've paid for with BB through license agreements.

There are no longer BB manufactured devices just BB licensed devices.
    01-16-18 02:00 PM
    The phone you bought was licensed for sale and use in the countries of India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh since that's where Optiemus has license rights. The updates for their devices are whatever schedule they've paid for with BB through license agreements.
    Complicated by the fact that it's a sub-license from TCL. So I'm actually not sure who Optiemus pays. But the effect is the same.
    01-16-18 02:02 PM
    now I understand... funny, who is optiemus, first time I hear about them and first time I paid about 650£ for company product even don't know normally their name
    01-16-18 02:08 PM
    anyway thanks friends, you made things clear for me
    01-16-18 02:10 PM
    anyway thanks friends, you made things clear for me
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about updates too much. I don't think you'd ever be more than one or two months behind.
    01-16-18 02:13 PM

There are no longer BB manufactured devices just BB licensed devices.
    Please one more thing, as you see I'm not good at this thing.
    I have twitter and in my list I have blackberry help. When I had priv they were very useful, so now they will not help me anymore?
    01-16-18 02:15 PM
    Please one more thing, as you see I'm not good at this thing.
    I have twitter and in my list I have blackberry help. When I had priv they were very useful, so now they will not help me anymore?
    Sorry. I'm not sure because I don't use Twitter.
    01-16-18 02:27 PM
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about updates too much. I don't think you'd ever be more than one or two months behind.
    Maybe you are right.. But interesting fact is.. I always used flagships of other brands and don't remember I had any problem. I bought PRIV And my problems started really loved this device, then bought passport, the best device... and now K1. Only one brand I fall in love is blackberry and always something goes wrong
    01-16-18 02:32 PM
    You've purchased a phone from a company that pays Blackberry to use its name and its software.

Any issues you have is with your seller.

Blackberry has already provided them with the update, so BlackBerry's job is done.
    I again repeat, BlackBerry's job isn't done until all phones bearing it's name get the latest updates.

What I find interesting is on the UK updates thread, you were quick to blame regulatory authorities for delays, while on this, you reckon Optiemus is the reason behind the delays (and not third parties)

Different strokes!
    01-16-18 02:53 PM
    I again repeat, BlackBerry's job isn't done until all phones bearing it's name get the latest updates.

What I find interesting is on the UK updates thread, you were quick to blame regulatory authorities for delays, while on this, you reckon Optiemus is the reason behind the delays (and not third parties)

Different strokes!
    BlackBerry doesn't care! It's not their phone! They don't get paid enough to hold everyone's hand. The mobile brand was dead otherwise - it's the licencees' job to worry about it now.

Optiemus IS the one to talk to regarding updates if you are in India. They may very well be dealing with 3rd parties too, but there is no one else to contact.
    01-16-18 03:30 PM

Different strokes!
    I show up at job site to do xyz job as builder subcontractor. I do job and the builder pays me. I don't care if the builder makes the completion date or not. I did my job. As long as I got paid, it's not any of my business what happens after that between the builder and customer.
    01-16-18 03:50 PM
    I show up at job site to do xyz job as builder subcontractor. I do job and the builder pays me. I don't care if the builder makes the completion date or not. I did my job. As long as I got paid, it's not any of my business what happens after that between the builder and customer.
    Builder name is TCL, and your name is Blackberry. And the project is called Blackberry not TCL. You want gain reputation to name the project as yours, but you don't care the rest?
    01-16-18 07:04 PM
    Don't use autoloader for optiemus version. Your device will be set as uncertified. You won't be able to update app, and won't be able to use android pay. But if those 2 don't concern you, you can go ahead. Yes, i know. i tried before.

I have now moved to Nokia 8, manufactured by HMD, and i'm on latest January update and yes, all variants of Nokia 8 (if there is) are updated regularly
    01-16-18 07:28 PM
    Builder name is TCL, and your name is Blackberry. And the project is called Blackberry not TCL. You want gain reputation to name the project as yours, but you don't care the rest?
    Builder is paying me to use my company name and I've retired from the construction business other than behind the scenes jobs for the builder. I'm now developing real estate with other companies, but again I'm strictly behind the scenes with institutional developers on wholesale basis. I understood the risk, but I'm getting paid and I'm never going back in the contractor retail construction business.
    GPuba likes this.
    01-16-18 07:28 PM
    But your ONLY alternative was not having a construction company named BlackBerry AT ALL! Someone else is giving you money to use your name and hire a tiny piece of your workforce to provide a service to them going forward. You are too busy doing other, more profitable things elsewhere.

You had decided you no longer wanted to worry about general contracting issues - marketing, managing, scheduling, etc,etc,etc,etc. Plus, you were forever losing your shirt trying to do that yourself. You wanted OUT! As far as your future in construction is concerned, you just want to install tiles.
    Last edited by conite; 01-16-18 at 07:50 PM.
    01-16-18 07:31 PM
    Builder is paying me to use my company name and I've retired from the construction business other than behind the scenes jobs for the builder. I'm now developing real estate with other companies, but again I'm strictly behind the scenes with institutional developers on wholesale basis. I understood the risk, but I'm getting paid and I'm never going back in the contractor retail construction business.
    Sure. Then "the street words" would be "Look, this house is built by Blackberry". When the quality is bad, then "don't buy the house built by Blackberry, the quality is sucks." The street people don't know or don't care your business arragenments with TCL.
    01-16-18 07:41 PM
    Sure. Then "the street words" would be "Look, this house is built by Blackberry". When the quality is bad, then "don't buy the house built by Blackberry, the quality is sucks." The street people don't know or don't care your business arragenments with TCL.
    The alternative is no house by BlackBerry at all. There is nothing to lose on the construction business "street". No one buying Radar, Autonomous Auto, or UEM (your real businesses) could care less.

None of this is really relevant, as TCL is doing at least as good a job as BlackBerry ever did.
    01-16-18 07:45 PM
    But I'm getting paid for them using my company name. Whether or not they like quality is doesn't matter, I'm getting paid either way.
    GPuba likes this.
    01-16-18 07:50 PM
    But your ONLY alternative was not having a construction company named TCL AT ALL! Someone else is giving you money to use your name and hire a tiny piece of your workforce to provide a service to them going forward. You are too busy doing other, more profitable things elsewhere.

You had decided you no longer wanted to worry about general contracting issues - marketing, managing, scheduling, etc,etc,etc,etc. Plus, you were forever losing your shirt trying to do that yourself. You wanted OUT! As far as your future in construction is concerned, you just want to install tiles.
    The brand value has more to say than the company's name. Ultimately, it is Blackberry who earns all the benefits or attacks due to its brand name, not TCL. Read all the news out there, it is "Blackberry" is going to release two new phones in 2018.
    01-16-18 07:51 PM
    unfortunately, we as customers can do nothing. Like conite says, bb don't care. they got their money from tcl, jobs done. What we can do as customer is to speak with our wallet. Stop buying their product and move on to another brand, and spread the word. i've done it. I know at least in my area, none of phone retail shops are willing to carry blackberry accessories anymore. it's dead product to them as far as they see it.
    01-16-18 07:51 PM
54 123