03-06-17 09:44 AM
54 123
tools
    He has nothing to do with the phone. tCL sells the phone.
    It is absolutely in BlackBerry 's best interest that the KEYone does well, so stop saying it is not their job. Of course it is. They are not going to be warning much licencing revenue if the KEYone or other BlackBerry branded phone to be released are not selling.

Whole it is not their hardware, it is their software and their brand, they go down if this phone goes down.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 05:08 PM
    It is absolutely in BlackBerry 's best interest that the KEYone does well, so stop saying it is not their job. Of course it is. They are not going to be warning much licencing revenue if the KEYone or other BlackBerry branded phone to be released are not selling.

Whole it is not their hardware, it is their software and their brand, they go down if this phone goes down.

Posted via CB10
    I should add, that while you are correct that it is up to TCL to market the hell out of this phone, it is still in the best interest of John Chen and BlackBerry to present it when asked in the best light possible. That's more like it, I think.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 05:10 PM
    I actually like John Chen as a CEO. He's got a calm demeanour to him and doesn't seem like a used car salesman type of stick it down your throat approach.

The interview was poor because I think the interviewers were all clamouring at the same time and there wasn't any flow and it felt like they were bombarding him on all fronts.

Man, if only they hired some CB folks to rep their branding. They'd have so many people genuinely believing in their brand and have much more exposure.
    03-05-17 11:27 PM
    True but it is John Chens job to make BlackBerry a profitable company. He gave over the phones to someone else so that he can work at making what's making money make more.
    03-06-17 09:44 AM
54 123