The lack of apps is not implied. LOL
    Barbareren likes this.
    06-02-16 07:52 PM
    The lack of apps is not implied. LOL
    True enough, but to say it's a basic thing you couldn't do? Did you even try?
    06-02-16 08:17 PM
    True enough, but to say it's a basic thing you couldn't do? Did you even try?
    Look friend. I am an IT professional geek. I double boot MS and Linux. Not a neophyte here. What I am saying is that there are a whole host of android apps that either do not work because of the lack of Google Play services or run so slow that you just give up. Fly Delta is one of those. I am not the first person to notice that android on Blackberry is a subpar experience and LOL at the notion of just use the browser. I fought the good fight for 12 years and got laughed and pointed at. I finally decided somewhere I Myondong Market on Seoul that maybe I need apps that worked to find the best subway route back to my apartment.
    Barbareren and Globetrotter99 like this.
    06-02-16 09:12 PM
    Look friend. I am an IT professional geek. I double boot MS and Linux. Not a neophyte here. What I am saying is that there are a whole host of android apps that either do not work because of the lack of Google Play services or run so slow that you just give up. Fly Delta is one of those. I am not the first person to notice that android on Blackberry is a subpar experience and LOL at the notion of just use the browser. I fought the good fight for 12 years and got laughed and pointed at. I finally decided somewhere I Myondong Market on Seoul that maybe I need apps that worked to find the best subway route back to my apartment.
    Sorry, I didn't mean "try" as in having faith in BlackBerry over the years. I meant, just try checking-in via the mobile website before using it as an example of BB10 failure. Your argument would have been more substantiated.
    06-02-16 11:43 PM
    Dear BBRY Design Team, it's June 2016-10284295-1288350419-947000.jpg

This just in!
    asublimeday likes this.
    06-03-16 01:48 AM
    Sorry, I didn't mean "try" as in having faith in BlackBerry over the years. I meant, just try checking-in via the mobile website before using it as an example of BB10 failure. Your argument would have been more substantiated.
    I work in IT for an airline. Very familiar with the app. The development team actually laughs at BBRY. Your also focusing one use as if BBRY has no issues on just about every Android app. LOL
    06-03-16 06:47 AM
    I work in IT for an airline. Very familiar with the app. The development team actually laughs at BBRY. Your also focusing one use as if BBRY has no issues on just about every Android app. LOL
    Well, on the upside now you don't have to worry about your colleagues laughing at you anymore. *shrug*.

You don't use BlackBerry any more and are certain they're finished in mobile. Is there any more points you'd like to make?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 08:01 AM
    Not at me. At the company. The mobile team used to produce a BBRY app along with iOS and Android. No longer. But hey I am sure the onus is still on me as the consumer to keep consuming the increasing irrelevant product and not on Chen and his ***** cohorts.
    06-03-16 08:06 AM
    Not at me. At the company. The mobile team used to produce a BBRY app along with iOS and Android. No longer. But hey I am sure the onus is still on me as the consumer to keep consuming the increasing irrelevant product and not on Chen and his ***** cohorts.
    As a consumer, if something's not working for me, I move on and tend to not look back. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 08:09 AM
    Not sure why there is such antagonism when people bring up concerns and complaints. As for your suggestion it's pretty obvious that nearly 80M of us have taken it .
    06-03-16 08:15 AM
    As a consumer, if something's not working for me, I move on and tend to not look back. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, use what works for you, whether that is Android, BB, iOS, or whatever. Why bother with worrying about what anyone else thinks or what anyone else uses. To me that shows a self-esteem issue if that's even a consideration before you make a purchase...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-03-16 08:55 AM
    Not sure why there is such antagonism when people bring up concerns and complaints. As for your suggestion it's pretty obvious that nearly 80M of us have taken it .
    *sigh* it's not antagonism, just some helpful advice. BlackBerry is never going to be able to compete on specs and price with other Android OEMS. Ever. If that was the goal Chen would already have shut down handsets.

They're not going to advertise in the future. Ever.

Maybe they'll port over the BlackBerry Experience as software for any device on Android and people who want the Hub, keyboard, etc can get it without buying hardware.

If you're just venting and want to hack on how BlackBerry doesn't get it, and are finished in hardware, then have at it I guess. You accuse others of snark and antagonism but seem to be ready to throw out comments involving unicorns and how 80 million people have left the platform.

Peace out.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 09:31 AM
    Great. Basically what I said I post 14. LOL. I really would love to think that they produce a competitive phone that brings the BBRY experience to Android. But it's obvious that services is where the money is at for them. It was a nice run though.
    06-03-16 09:40 AM
    Anyway!! i'll support Blackberry!!! no matter the form or the name of the device, what matters is that the Blackberry device is a working tool!! a very important Tool!!
    06-03-16 09:46 AM
    Great. Basically what I said I post 14. LOL. I really would love to think that they produce a competitive phone that brings the BBRY experience to Android. But it's obvious that services is where the money is at for them. It was a nice run though.
    Sounds good. If you're not in the market for a PKB device then there are much better alternatives out there for all touch. The next two devices BlackBerry releases should settle the debate on hardware for good. I like touch capacitive PKB so I'm hoping they can eke out a break even / small profit, but I'm skeptical. At which point I'll have to decide whether or not to pick up a spare Passport or one of the PKB Android devices. But I'm not really worried about it at the moment, life's too short.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 09:48 AM
    Man, this thread is excellent to learn how to speak condescendingly and how to be overtly pretentious. :'D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-03-16 04:20 PM
    Why are they laughing at BBRY? Is the API to difficult for them to understand, so much that they have to laugh in bewilderment? If they have technical arguments on why the API isn't capable of running an airline app, which obviously can run via a mobile website(!), then I'd like to hear it.

Why aren't they laughing at you for using GNU/Linux?
    06-03-16 05:08 PM
    Since BlackBerry World has like 4 apps left in it, I will assume you're kidding. Your anger towards me is misdirected. I didn't kill BBRY. Cheers
    06-03-16 05:14 PM
68 123