Any quick fixes for this to last me a couple more weeks?? It's mostly ok, just when I lay down the left side hangs down. Everything works fine still.

Hang in there K1
    06-22-18 07:51 PM
    Your phone got jealous. This is pretty much a natural reaction. I can imagine someone wife/girlfriend explode once he tells her he's getting a new one.

There are other threads that suggest fixing it just by adding a tape yourself instead of going through the warranty repairs. Just be careful not to get the screen cable damaged.
    velkod and Jack Lope like this.
    06-22-18 08:15 PM
    Any quick fixes for this to last me a couple more weeks?? It's mostly ok, just when I lay down the left side hangs down. Everything works fine still.

Hang in there K1
    I applied small pieces of scotch tape to all four corners although only the left side lifted. A cell phone shop could probably fix it quickly for relatively minor expense. But don't let it hang free - the cable will tear!!!!
    velkod and anon(9188202) like this.
    06-22-18 08:44 PM
    I fixed my passport with a thin bead of RTV Ultra Black and a spring wood clamp. over a month later and it's still holding well
    velkod likes this.
    06-22-18 08:49 PM
    lol thanks guys. tape it is. I couple tap on some apoxy n it'd never move again hahah tape seems safe for a couple weeks tho 👍
    FF22 likes this.
    06-22-18 08:55 PM
    Same thing happen to me also. one year and a day and my screen decided to jump out at me. luckily I was able to catch it before it came out completely. Long story short,I was able to get a small strip of two sized tape on the the back side and it all good
    FF22 and velkod like this.
    06-22-18 09:00 PM

Hang in there K1
    Screen still popping off?
    I was thinking of getting a KeyOne, either used or new. I am de-motivated.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    06-23-18 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    There is a good chance that the screen will pop off any unit that was manufactured before July 2017. If the unit was either manufactured after that date or was fixed, it should not have a problem.
    06-23-18 11:52 AM
    There is a good chance that the screen will pop off any unit that was manufactured before July 2017. If the unit was either manufactured after that date or was fixed, it should not have a problem.
    How can I see new KeyOnes sold on amazon today are problem free? Or does that mean all the KeyOnes sold today no longer have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-18 12:01 PM
    How can I see new KeyOnes sold on amazon today are problem free? Or does that mean all the KeyOnes sold today no longer have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    While I don't know for sure, I would guess that NEW KeyOne's now for sale on Amazon and SOLD BY Amazon would be fine.

Mine was replaced last Sept and I've not had any issues. It is the "Verizon" model.
    06-23-18 12:05 PM
    While I don't know for sure, I would guess that NEW KeyOne's now for sale on Amazon and SOLD BY Amazon would be fine.

Mine was replaced last Sept and I've not had any issues. It is the "Verizon" model.
    I was thinking of KeyOne se as it seems to be more beautiful than the black. Is yours silver? How about the performance? Is it sluggish?

Another concern: the price has gone up again. Could there there be any reason for this?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-18 12:12 PM
    I was thinking of KeyOne original as it seems to be more beautiful than the black. Is yours original? How about the performance? Is it sluggish?

Another concern: the price has gone up again. Could there be any reason for this?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-23-18 12:18 PM
    I was thinking of KeyOne se as it seems to be more beautiful than the black. Is yours silver? How about the performance? Is it sluggish?

Another concern: the price has gone up again. Could there there be any reason for this?

Posted via CB10
    Interesting: A price rise. No idea.

The "Verizon" model is only in Silver. I like it but there was never a choice.

Actually, I was going to volunteer in my prior post that I've suffered no lag. I don't know if that's a Verizon version thing or I've just had luck in my choice of apps. I use it regularly to track hikes using Nogago Tracks and while that is running, a Pedometer app is running (I have it always running) and I've replied to and originated email and used the camera. Occasionally, I will also use the Kindle app if I have time on a hike. Also, my Samsung Gear S3 is feeding S(amsung)-Health app on the watch which also records my stats kind of sharing the gps.

Again, that's my experience but others do seem to run into lag issues and I'm not sure why.
    06-23-18 12:19 PM
    Interesting: A price rise. No idea.

The "Verizon" model is only in Silver. I like it but there was never a choice.

Actually, I was going to volunteer in my prior post that I've suffered no lag. I don't know if that's a Verizon version thing or I've just had luck in my choice of apps. I use it regularly to track hikes using Nogago Tracks and while that is running, a Pedometer app is running (I have it always running) and I've replied to and originated email and used the camera. Occasionally, I will also use the Kindle app if I have time on a hike. Also, my Samsung Gear S3 is feeding S(amsung)-Health app on the watch which also records my stats kind of sharing the gps.

Again, that's my experience but others do seem to run into lag issues and I'm not sure why.
    So, you are using your KeyOne with a smart watch. That's Interesting.

Well, I think as the key2 becomes available on amazon next month, the price of the KeyOne will drop again. Will see. I need this phone even more.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-18 12:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've dropped mine.... A lot lol especially lately for some reason. Just butterfingers all darn day. This phone has been perfect tho till I got careless. Get one if you want one 100%
    06-23-18 09:43 PM
    I've dropped mine.... A lot lol especially lately for some reason. Just butterfingers all darn day. This phone has been perfect tho till I got careless. Get one if you want one 100%
    Was it silver? Or black? When did you buy it? Concerned with the build date.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-18 02:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is how you check when a silver KEYone was built.

July 10 2017 is the definite starting point for fixed units. Maybe a few days before is fine too.

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Press the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

5. Hit PASS again
    6. Scroll to the bottom and hit Exit
    06-24-18 06:34 AM
    This is how you check when a silver KEYone was built.

July 10 2017 is the definite starting point for fixed units. Maybe a few days before is fine too.

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Press the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

5. Hit PASS again
    6. Scroll to the bottom and hit Exit
    Thanks. Will see that when I get a Key One.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-18 06:38 AM
    On July 8th BB already announced the new measures taken to fix this issue.
    Mine is June 28th and I believe it's already fixed as I managed to drop it a couple of times. BB probably also tried to apply the adhesive to already produced devices that were in stock. I don't know in that case if they would change the manufacture date as this was only a question of hardware.
    06-24-18 09:05 AM
    On July 8th BB already announced the new measures taken to fix this issue.
    Mine is June 28th and I believe it's already fixed as I managed to drop it a couple of times. BB probably also tried to apply the adhesive to already produced devices that were in stock. I don't know in that case if they would change the manufacture date as this was only a question of hardware.
    That's why I'm a bit unsure units from 06/28 - 07/08. In the mega thread I think I heard of someone having the screen falling off his 06/27 unit, but don't remember any unit after that having the issue.
    06-24-18 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Bought it on release from Rogers and honestly, haven't had any complaints

The one small issue I had was the capacitive buttons, the square button stops working but locking the screen n turning it back on fixes that issue. N that's seldom
    06-24-18 01:00 PM
    Bought it on release from Rogers and honestly, haven't had any complaints

The one small issue I had was the capacitive buttons, the square button stops working but locking the screen n turning it back on fixes that issue. N that's seldom
    Clearing the cache and 32+ second reboot should solve that. Had a similar issue with my early Silver K1 and the triangle button.
    06-25-18 04:54 AM
    Clearing the cache and 32+ second reboot should solve that. Had a similar issue with my early Silver K1 and the triangle button.
    Ya?? How do you clear that? In the phone in general or in a certain app?
    06-25-18 01:52 PM
    Ya?? How do you clear that? In the phone in general or in a certain app?
    If you go to Settings > Storage > Internal > Cached Data > OK.

This will clear you cache.
    velkod likes this.
    06-25-18 01:54 PM
    I have this issue, and it persists after a factory reset and turning off haptic feedback
    06-25-18 01:55 PM
33 12