I am trying - unsuccessfully - to transfer data from my BB KeyOne to my laptop. Something is amiss. When I attach a USB cable there is no option for data transfer - either from the laptop or the Blackberry; the phone just charges. The laptop can see the phone but reports that there are no files. I've tried rebooting both the phone and the laptop and at experimented with at least four different USB cables. When I remove the SD card to try to read it from my laptop there are still no files showing. I am now totally stumped. All help gratefully received because I no ideas how to proceed.
    TIA.
    03-02-24 02:52 PM
    I am trying - unsuccessfully - to transfer data from my BB KeyOne to my laptop. Something is amiss. When I attach a USB cable there is no option for data transfer - either from the laptop or the Blackberry; the phone just charges. The laptop can see the phone but reports that there are no files. I've tried rebooting both the phone and the laptop and at experimented with at least four different USB cables. When I remove the SD card to try to read it from my laptop there are still no files showing. I am now totally stumped. All help gratefully received because I no ideas how to proceed.
    TIA.
    Just use an SD card then. Too many reasons to go through.
    03-02-24 03:09 PM
    Thank you for replying but the computer is unable to read the SD card.
    03-02-24 04:23 PM
    Thank you for replying but the computer is unable to read the SD card.
    Do not encrypt.
    Last edited by conite; 03-03-24 at 12:24 PM.
    03-02-24 08:45 PM
    TIA.
    1. I assume the laptop is running Windows?
    2. Does the notification come up on the phone when you plug the phone in to the laptop giving you the option to charge only or transfer files? (MTP)
    3. What's the PRD/variant of your Keyone?
    03-03-24 09:37 AM
    Thanks, Ph1llip
    Windows 11
    The phone no longer offers the option to transfer files
    PRD-63117-003
    Model BBB100-2
    03-03-24 10:14 AM
    Thanks, Ph1llip
    Windows 11
    The phone no longer offers the option to transfer files
    PRD-63117-003
    Model BBB100-2
    I don't have a KeyOne myself, but it is a typical Android phone.

When you plug in the USB and connect to the computer, if you pull down from the top, is there any notification entry about "USB charging" there at all?

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
    03-03-24 10:43 AM
    Only the System stating that the system is optimised for fast charging. It's very odd; I don't remember when I lost the option to transfer data.
    03-03-24 10:48 AM
    TIA.
    Has the phone previously worked with this windows 11 laptop and just stopped working or is this the first time you’ve connected them?
    03-03-24 01:01 PM
    It has previously worked! I have no idea why it has stopped working or when it stopped working.
    03-03-24 01:08 PM
    It has previously worked! I have no idea why it has stopped working or when it stopped working.
    It may have been a windows update that’s affected the connection.
    03-03-24 02:33 PM
    Thank you. It wasn't BUT it led me to research it and I found an answer (for my particular problem at least).
    1. Settings > About phone > Build number
    2. Tap 7 times to enable developer mode (I'd already tried this)
    3. Return to previous screen to access Developer Options > Networking
    4. Select USB Configuration > MTP or PTP

There's still no option for data transfer showing when I connect the USB but I can now transfer files. Thank you to all who have contributed and I hope this proves useful to others.
    03-03-24 03:17 PM
    Thank YOU! I didn't know about the developer options procedure. Just tried it and saw some interesting things, though I immediately switched it off in case I break something.
    03-03-24 05:53 PM