How do I customize the notification sound for only text (sms) messages? I went into the Messages app and selected the correct sound, but I am getting a different sound.
    10-31-18 09:13 AM
    Same problem here! Don't clear the data for Media Storage, I lost all pre-installed tones that way and now my KEYone is a silent brick.
    11-16-18 12:28 AM
    In Settings > Notifications > Sounds, I tap on Sound, which brings me to the list of tones and a dialog to Complete action using Media Storage or Total Commander. In the past, I needed to use a file manager to choose a custom tone on the phone. Now, Media Storage has a selection at the bottom, + Add Ringtone. That brings me to a file browser where I can locate the desired sound and tap on it. I am then brought back to the list but another tone is selected! I have to re-select the desired custom tone, which is now in the list. Maybe this unintuitive extra step was not noticed?
    11-16-18 07:00 AM
    In Settings, there is no Notifications. Apps & Notifications is one option, another option is Sound. Inside Apps & Notifications, there is no Sound. There is Default Notification Sound. I have a Rogers-locked KEYone on firmware ABI087.

I don't have Total Commander installed and don't see any way to open up Media Storage. Sorry your steps are either not clear enough or your phone menus are different than what my freshly factory-resetted KEYone has.
    11-16-18 09:30 AM
    Yes, I wasn't clear. The steps start in the Messages app > Menu > Settings...

If you don't have an alternate file browser installed, could be different from Total Commander, it should default to Media Storage.
    11-16-18 09:45 AM
    Right, so inside the Messages app, Notifications -> Sound, all my default sounds are gone. I have "Default notification sound", which doesn't make any sound when I tap it, and the other option is "None". There is a "+ Add ringtone" which opens the Files app, but there is no way to find any of the pre-installed notification sounds through there
    11-16-18 09:50 AM
    My first reply was to the thread, I thought, addressing the original post. I don't have experience with a situation where Media Storage has been deleted. Sounds like maybe Disable, restore? That's just conjecture.
    11-16-18 10:01 AM
    I never said I deleted the Media Storage app, but Android help guides on the Internet said to run a Clear Data on the Media Storage app to restore your default notifications. That definitely did not work on the KEYone. Disabling it doesn't give the prompt to restore anything. Other apps normally ask to restore to a previous version.

Prior to my default tones disappearing, the steps you provided did not work. Obviously that's how you set custom tones. There is a problem with the Android OS causing custom tones to not play, and instead a tone that is not selected plays. This is the exact same problem I am still having.
    11-16-18 10:06 AM
    I never said I deleted the Media Storage app
    I never thought there was such a thing as a Media Storage app. Deletion of Media Storage was intended to refer to a deletion of data.

Prior to my default tones disappearing, the steps you provided did not work. Obviously that's how you set custom tones.
    Ok. I had just noticed what I described, that, after selecting a tone, I was returned to the list where another tone was selected. I could imagine someone overlooking that, as I think I might have, and just pressing OK, which results in a different tone being used. I was addressing this:

I went into the Messages app and selected the correct sound, but I am getting a different sound.
    What's obvious to you or not obvious to you is not always clear to someone else and has nothing to do with why I made my first post to this thread.

There is a problem with the Android OS causing custom tones to not play, and instead a tone that is not selected plays.
    I think there are a number of problems being experienced with the Android OS and one solution for one scenario is what I tried to offer in my first post.
    11-16-18 10:31 AM
    That brings me to a file browser where I can locate the desired sound and tap on it. I am then brought back to the list but another tone is selected! I have to re-select the desired custom tone, which is now in the list.
    I appreciate your attempt to help. However, on my recently factory-resetted KEYone, the correct tone was chosen when I went back, whereas you said yours was different.

Also, after clearing data for Media Storage, the file browser to select tones shows nothing, and there is no default list anymore. None of the default tones are shown, and when I copy over external .WAV and .MP3 files to Internal Storage (Downloads, Notifications, or Ringtones folders), they play, so it's not a file access issue, but the setting doesn't "stick". After switching to do-not-disturb, alarms only, vibrate only, or any non-normal setting, and then going back to normal, the selected tone still shows up, but does not play.

Now, I have auto do-not-disturb settings enabled, and I read other threads where switching from DND to normal results in the normal settings not working as they had been before switching TO the DND mode.

1) Anyone know what the root cause of these notification/sound glitches are?
    2) Anyone know how to reset all notifications to defaults?
    3) Anyone know how where the factory-loaded tones are stored and/or how to get them to show up again?

I never had any problems with notifications on Nougat, and none on Oreo after the OTA update, and never did a factory reset before. This problem only started immediately after a factory reset while already on Oreo.
    11-18-18 10:33 AM
    In my case, I immediately started having problems with Hub notifications after the OTA update from Nougat to Oreo, i.e.

KEYone BBB100-1 PRD-63116-001 bought new from Amazon 10/18/17, using T-Mobile....
    - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13288418

That post contains a partial list of the many things I tried and considerable time spent to get back the functionality of Nougat. This included two factory resets, a manual installation of Oreo with the mobile upgrade tool, and, apparently, an update to Hub+ services. I don't know what change(s) led to a Hub that works as expected but it does, now.

Absent a more surgical cure, you might be looking at dealing with Blackberry Mobile Support or a manual Oreo re-load, AFAICT.
    11-18-18 11:05 AM
    Yes, I wasn't clear. The steps start in the Messages app > Menu > Settings...

If you don't have an alternate file browser installed, could be different from Total Commander, it should default to Media Storage.
    have you been able to customize SMS alerts for different contacts? thx
    11-19-18 01:07 PM
    have you been able to customize SMS alerts for different contacts? thx
    Looks like it. I don't ordinarily do that so this is just one test: I went to Messages, selected a text in the thread of texts from my bank, which sends me a text message notification every time I log in to my account online, which makes for not so much waiting around. In the upper right 3-dot menu for that text message, there is Details > Notifications > Sound, which is set to my default custom sound from Treo 755p, Alert Bells. I punched Sound, completed with Media Storage Just Once, picked Betelgeuse out of the list of built-ins + my added custom tones. I ok'ed out of that, logged into banking on my PC, and got the text message right away and Betelgeuse notification. Early days but seems to work like that.
    the brother likes this.
    11-19-18 09:22 PM