dear all
    I recently switched from ppse to a new keyone.
    beautiful phone, I really love it.
    but I have absolutely no clue about android. I was using blackberry for years (and palm before that).

I love my phone to be silent so I set everything to silent (phone calls are vibrating only).
    but in one particular case it should make noise. i'm a volunteer firefighter and I should hear the phonecall from the firestation in any case. how can I change the notification settings for one contact only? it would be good too if it could overwrite the settings for the lockscreen (turned off notifications)

thanks in advance
    06-20-17 05:28 AM
    dear all
    I recently switched from ppse to a new keyone.
    beautiful phone, I really love it.
    but I have absolutely no clue about android. I was using blackberry for years (and palm before that).

I love my phone to be silent so I set everything to silent (phone calls are vibrating only).
    but in one particular case it should make noise. i'm a volunteer firefighter and I should hear the phonecall from the firestation in any case. how can I change the notification settings for one contact only? it would be good too if it could overwrite the settings for the lockscreen (turned off notifications)

thanks in advance
    Although this can be done and much more from Customising apps like Light Flow or Light Manager.

As a rule of thumb on Android, each app generally have its own setting how a notification/alert is handled. Some apps give you to set their own ringtone and/or led color.

Similarly, you can easily achieve this by setting a ring tone for specific contact using Contacts (built-in) app.
    Open Contacts > Find/Open a contact > Click the edit (pen) icon > Choose ellipses (...) from top right > WiFi Choose Set Ringtone

Now if you're in Do not Disturb mode, you can add specific contacts who can bypass it. Go to System Settings > Sound > Do not Disturb > Priority only allows > Select Calls from what type of Contacts (Note you will need to set Starred Contacts to use specific to contacts for this purpose)

Hope that helps.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-20-17 05:50 AM