ok so I picked up my brand spanking new KEYone yesterday within walking distance from my home in a local mall. I did try calling a few places but most were telling me that they were waiting for a shipment. I was actually surprised when I was told " There are two here". So I rushed over and paid $699 plus the usual government bull**** and went straight to my office.

Just so you know, I have only owned Blackberry since the Blackberry Pager was invented. Yes, I did own an iphone for a day and also an Android for a couple of days. Tried them both for about 20 minutes but had no interest in keeping them at all and sold them (freebies for signing new contracts).

So now I am looking at the KEYone, swiping away and nothing is working. I am so lost without the Blackberry O/S lol. Its going to take getting use too. I still have my passport on my hip (yes in a holster) and the KEYone is close by but I will make an honest effort to read instructions on android to learn the tricks that I have accumulated over the many years with the BB O/S and of course read the forums where all the forum members advice is on how to eventually be an expert Blackberry Android KEYone user Right now, I am going to figure out this content transfer thingy and then next on the list is how to make my KEYone vibrate for messages instead of those awful pitched annoying chimes
    06-01-17 10:26 AM
    ok so I picked up my brand spanking new KEYone yesterday within walking distance from my home in a local mall. I did try calling a few places but most were telling me that they were waiting for a shipment. I was actually surprised when I was told " There are two here". So I rushed over and paid $699 plus the usual government bull**** and went straight to my office.

Just so you know, I have only owned Blackberry since the Blackberry Pager was invented. Yes, I did own an iphone for a day and also an Android for a couple of days. Tried them both for about 20 minutes but had no interest in keeping them at all and sold them (freebies for signing new contracts).

So now I am looking at the KEYone, swiping away and nothing is working. I am so lost without the Blackberry O/S lol. Its going to take getting use too. I still have my passport on my hip (yes in a holster) and the KEYone is close by but I will make an honest effort to read instructions on android to learn the tricks that I have accumulated over the many years with the BB O/S and of course read the forums where all the forum members advice is on how to eventually be an expert Blackberry Android KEYone user Right now, I am going to figure out this content transfer thingy and then next on the list is how to make my KEYone vibrate for messages instead of those awful pitched annoying chimes
    The best idea is immersion. Use it as your sole phone for a week. Will be painful at first but it's the only way to give it a fair shake.

Spend time discovering apps that you may want to use as well as ways to customize Android. Hope it goes well!
    anon(1852343) and PDAJAH like this.
    06-01-17 10:30 AM
    I went from a Classic to a PRIV. It took some time to get used to the new interface / ecosystem, but now I'm pretty used to it.

Time.

Patience.

Do not throw it against a wall - that's expensive.

I also troll these forums regularly to learn from those who have gone Android ahead of me. Lots of solid useful tips.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    06-01-17 11:00 AM
    I wish I had your problem. Send your KEYone to me!! LOL
    anon(1852343) and bakron1 like this.
    06-01-17 11:09 AM
    Ive just gone from a classic to the Keyone and I feel your frustration, but a couple of days in and it's all coming good, I get Facebook messages and can use Instagram with ease, so for me the learning curve is worth it.
    06-01-17 11:13 AM
    The OS isn't as robust as BBOS, but you'll get use to it. The features and 3rd party app support are pretty good and the painful truth is with BBOS being a dead duck Android and iOS are really the only options out there, but at least BlackBerry are still around in this form to give us the ability to use Android with a PKB and some of the Blackberryisms we're used to (ala the HUB).

I benefited from using the DTEK60 for a few months after 6 years of using the 9900, so by the time the KEYone came around I knew what to expect and made the transition easier.
    06-01-17 11:20 AM
    I wish I had your problem. Send your KEYone to me!! LOL
    I was thinking of getting me a BlackBerry wife

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    06-01-17 01:10 PM
    I too went from Nokia (PKB) to Q10, then Classic and now KeyOne (before I had to return to due issues) I had it for 26 days and was still getting use to it. BBOS was better.
    06-01-17 01:25 PM
    Bit of a bb10 comparison here.

06-01-17 03:01 PM
    Thanks for all the advice. I did do the content transfer and it took about 20 minutes but all good. Pretty simple and no duplicates at all. My next venture is to figure out how to get all my messages to vibrate. I did download a few apps but they dont work as intended.
    bakron1 likes this.
    06-01-17 04:36 PM
    I too went from Nokia (PKB) to Q10, then Classic and now KeyOne (before I had to return to due issues) I had it for 26 days and was still getting use to it. BBOS was better.
    Returned for issues: understatement of the day
    06-02-17 12:43 AM
    To OP: I wanted to throw my Priv against the wall, but learned to love it. Give it some time (to adjust to Android). If you have any questions about apps or software, hit me up; I'd be glad to help.
    06-02-17 05:44 AM