Hello fellows,

Does anyone use cricket wireless for their Keyone? My MMS message doesn't work by default. I thought unlocked model should automatically pick up the correct APN settings. Do I need to change the setting for cricket wireless even though it's US factory unlocked model?

I can't sent MMS but regular SMS works fine.
    06-02-17 07:56 PM
    It seems like it did pick up the correct cricket wireless setting automatically but doesn't work.
    06-02-17 08:07 PM
    Cricket APN Settings - 2017 Setup Guide [New 100% Working APN]

Scroll down. You'll see three setting options.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-02-17 08:15 PM
    Thanks Adam. Somehow I couldn't add or save additional APN settings so I just restarted and MMS works now. I still have factory default APN settings lol. Very strange.... I hope it stays this way.
    06-02-17 08:34 PM
    OK MMS stopped working again what the..
    06-02-17 09:01 PM
    Ok, I can confirm that this setting worked. Somehow it won't let you create another apn. You just overwrite current. You save it and exit out. That's it. (Do not go back and reset to default)

Alternative Cricket APN Settings

Go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> New APN and type the below parameters.
    Create a new APN using the following details:
    Name: Cricket
    APN: internet
    Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    Port : 8080
    Username: yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    Server: wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC: http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
    APN type: internet
    Save the new apn settings and choose it as your default settings.
    Reboot your device and test if data and picture messaging is working for you.
    06-02-17 09:23 PM
    I have cricket and I'll be picking my device tomorrow, I'm glad you got it to work hopefully I don't run into to many issues.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-02-17 10:42 PM
    Ok, I have a problem. I swap my phone very often and if you take your sim card out from Keyone, your MMS setting will reset to default. It's really painful to re-enter those apn settings. If don't take out your sim card, you'll be fine. This is deal breaker for me.
    06-05-17 06:26 AM
    UPDATE:

It seems like every time if I re-insert the sim card back to Keyone, cricket wireless will send me the automatic MMS setting so I have to manually overwrite it. I swap my phones very often so I am forced to return the device back to amazon.
    06-06-17 08:13 PM
    UPDATE:

It seems like every time if I re-insert the sim card back to Keyone, cricket wireless will send me the automatic MMS setting so I have to manually overwrite it. I swap my phones very often so I am forced to return the device back to amazon.
    I never had an issue using cricket wireless on my KEYone. I was constantly switching phones from my Passport SE, Samsung Galaxy S6, Moto Z Force, and my Moto X Pure.
    06-11-17 11:56 PM
    I never had an issue using cricket wireless on my KEYone. I was constantly switching phones from my Passport SE, Samsung Galaxy S6, Moto Z Force, and my Moto X Pure.
    Did you use MMS messages?
    06-12-17 12:18 AM
    Yes. Im constantly sending pic messages/mms to friends and family
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-12-17 11:51 AM
    Yes. Im constantly sending pic messages/mms to friends and family
    Maybe mine was faulty then. My apn setting always reset if I take out the sim. Did you use the factory Apn setting or use one above?
    06-12-17 01:18 PM
    Maybe mine was faulty then. My apn setting always reset if I take out the sim. Did you use the factory Apn setting or use one above?
    I just popped the sim card in for the first time. Got the annoying texts cricket sends to let you know your MMS has been update and you can get Visual Voicemail and check your account online BS. Which happens every time you switch the sim into a different phone. Maybe you need to go to the Cricket Wireless store and get a new sim. Perhaps that's why your phone isn't working right. Plus since it's a new phone it might not be configured to crickets network properly. I know I used to have an issue with my Passport SE on cricket. Tech support wrote up a ticket of the issue and couple days later my Passport SE worked great
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-12-17 02:19 PM
    I just popped the sim card in for the first time. Got the annoying texts cricket sends to let you know your MMS has been update and you can get Visual Voicemail and check your account online BS. Which happens every time you switch the sim into a different phone. Maybe you need to go to the Cricket Wireless store and get a new sim. Perhaps that's why your phone isn't working right. Plus since it's a new phone it might not be configured to crickets network properly. I know I used to have an issue with my Passport SE on cricket. Tech support wrote up a ticket of the issue and couple days later my Passport SE worked great
    Yes maybe you're right. Thanks for the update.
    06-12-17 02:33 PM
    Just remember Cricket Wireless likes to complain sometimes about why your phone won't work well on their network because it's not a Cricket Wireless phone. Just tell them it's a KEYone android phone. They flip out when you say BlackBerry because they will say we no longer support CDMA their Ole network blackberrya
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-12-17 03:37 PM
    Just remember Cricket Wireless likes to complain sometimes about why your phone won't work well on their network because it's not a Cricket Wireless phone. Just tell them it's a KEYone android phone. They flip out when you say BlackBerry because they will say we no longer support CDMA their Ole network blackberrya
    Yes, they'll probably say like cricket wireless doesn't support blackberry lol. They probably doesn't even know keyone is android lol.
    06-12-17 03:40 PM