So I am loving my KEYone, had it since the evening on the 31st. Everything is great about it. Using it now to type out this post on the awesome keyboard. Didn't realize how much I missed the PKB. I have been a diehard BlackBerry fan since my first curve. I have had almost all of thier phones since then.
    So now here comes the disappointing part.
    Get home from work today (June 02) it's Friday time for a beer. Go and sit down to relax on the patio with my KEYone in my pants pocket.
    As I sit down it slides out and hits the patio stones. Does a corner to corner bounce and lands screen side down.
    Now let me stop here for a minute. I have dropped just about every phone I have every owned. Big drops, across the floor slides, in the garage bounces off everything metal. In stores on ceramic tile, at work on cement floor.
    Suffered lots of scratches and dents. All four corners dinged in.
    I pick up my KEYone checking corners found a big dent/scratch. Disappointing with a few curse words but I know I have to accept and move one.
    I start using the phone and notice what I thought was dirt or a hair across the screen. Upon further inspection I realize it is actually a crack. All the way across the screen. Now I know it is because I dropped it. But it is disappointing that it is completely cracked. Never have I had a screen crack this "easy". And I have read of issues with the screen but not sure what to make of it now. I am taking some pics to post but nee d to use my google Pixel and transfer and upload.
    Please comment as I want see if this has happened to any one else and what your opinions are.
    06-02-17 06:33 PM
    That really sucks :/ There seem to be a few issues with the quality and durable of the screens. I know I phone can't be drop proof, but I've dropped my classic so many times I can't keep track and it has always been fine. I'm going to be extra carefully until I get a tempered glass protector.
    Jaerho likes this.
    06-02-17 06:37 PM
    This is the dent
    Attached Thumbnails Cracked Screen-10656.jpg  
    06-02-17 06:43 PM
    Crack in screen
    Attached Thumbnails Cracked Screen-10657.jpg  
    06-02-17 06:44 PM
    Sorry about your mishap.....Oh the good old days of BlackBerry ....yesterday i dropped my retired (acting as clock) 9780 on the tile floor at least 4 times when messing with tv wiring next to it on the mantle, and it didn't even cross my mind to check it for damage....after every one of those drops...
    06-02-17 06:46 PM
    No drop is worse than another. It can totally depend on the exact angle it makes contact and on what surface. Bla1ze always shared his story of barely dropping a device on hardwood and having a shattered screen. Any screen could have broke. Extremely unfortunately but at least it isn't shattered.
    06-02-17 06:48 PM
    This makes me really miss the Passport with invincible steel frame. Feel sorry for you, bro.
    06-02-17 06:51 PM
    Ouch, that sucks! I ha e to say though, I wear the old man holster still, no other protection and can only think of once or twice I've dropped a phone. I just know it's safe there, if I had it in my pocket I'm sure I would ha e broken a few over the years. My son and rest of family are iPhone and I've had to replace 3 screens for minor drops...and one new phone due to riding his bike home and getting hot, caused condensation and wrecked it. IPhone 5 I believe... old man case till I die...really not that old though
    06-02-17 07:29 PM
    Did you buy it using a credit card? Perhaps there is some angle you can work to get a refund. There is no way that this is a warranty issue with BlackBerry Mobile unfortunately.

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    06-02-17 07:31 PM
    Crack in screen
    I hope you bought insurance.
    06-02-17 07:36 PM
    My wife dropped her S7 Edge on carpet while sitting. It's screen got a few cracks, I think at times its an angle. I did drop my KEYᵒⁿᵉ a couple of time, still scratchless.

I had been looking after it ever since now
    06-02-17 07:59 PM
    So sorry to hear this. It seems to me that phone screens have gotten less durable over time. My iPhone 4s was dripped many times and the screen never cracked. By my Note 5s screen was a disaster from a small drop. My Galaxy S7 took a small tumble with a case on and it's screen looks the same as yours. I hope that I don't drop my KEYone before my case from TCL arrives.

I love typing on this keyboard. It is addictive.
    06-02-17 08:18 PM
    So no insurance and I did not get device protection on Rogers. Did a out right buy on a pre-order.
    Now I am trying to find where can I get it repaired or where to send it to be repaired.

Not much luck there. If anyone knows where to take a rogers keyone for a repair drop a reply

thanks
    06-02-17 09:58 PM
    So no insurance and I did not get device protection on Rogers. Did a out right buy on a pre-order.
    Now I am trying to find where can I get it repaired or where to send it to be repaired.

Not much luck there. If anyone knows where to take a rogers keyone for a repair drop a reply

thanks
    @BlackBerry Mobile
    06-02-17 10:11 PM
    Your credit card company may offer protection. American Express does I know.
    06-02-17 10:15 PM
    And they'll send you to where one bought it
    06-02-17 10:18 PM
    So I am loving my KEYone, had it since the evening on the 31st. Everything is great about it. Using it now to type out this post on the awesome keyboard. Didn't realize how much I missed the PKB. I have been a diehard BlackBerry fan since my first curve. I have had almost all of thier phones since then.
    So now here comes the disappointing part.
    Get home from work today (June 02) it's Friday time for a beer. Go and sit down to relax on the patio with my KEYone in my pants pocket.
    As I sit down it slides out and hits the patio stones. Does a corner to corner bounce and lands screen side down.
    Now let me stop here for a minute. I have dropped just about every phone I have every owned. Big drops, across the floor slides, in the garage bounces off everything metal. In stores on ceramic tile, at work on cement floor.
    Suffered lots of scratches and dents. All four corners dinged in.
    I pick up my KEYone checking corners found a big dent/scratch. Disappointing with a few curse words but I know I have to accept and move one.
    I start using the phone and notice what I thought was dirt or a hair across the screen. Upon further inspection I realize it is actually a crack. All the way across the screen. Now I know it is because I dropped it. But it is disappointing that it is completely cracked. Never have I had a screen crack this "easy". And I have read of issues with the screen but not sure what to make of it now. I am taking some pics to post but nee d to use my google Pixel and transfer and upload.
    Please comment as I want see if this has happened to any one else and what your opinions are.
    There are virtually an infinite number of ways a falling object can land each placing different stresses upon striking a hard surface. I've had these devices for 15 years, had the inevitable drops in cases, and never had breakage. The best prevention is to have a good case. And the best insurance is to buy it with a credit card that includes consumer protection.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 11:03 PM
    Sucks to hear. I've had friends drop their iPhone from a sofa cushion and Crack full displays.
    06-03-17 01:46 AM
    Hi. I paid $550 for my Keyone less than 2 weeks ago and dropped it yesterday. I was so upset! The screen did not crack but the metal frame does have a dent in it just like your picture. Also the Sim card slot is dented. I had ordered a phone case but it's taking a long time to get here from Hong Kong to Virgina (ordered from ebay)...so I've been carrying my phone in a sock. The Keyone is so new, I can't find phone cases in a regular store.

I upgraded from the Passport Silver to the Keyone and the metal outer frame on the Keyone is definitely less durable than the Passport Silver. I dropped the Silver several times and never got a ding on the metal frame.

I don't believe in buying phone insurance because I don't get insurance on low priced items...just big stuff like home and cars. Finance 101...most finance gurus don't recommend it.

Oh well, at the end of the day, our phones are inanimate objects and dinging up our phones is not important compared to health and people for instance. I hope my post helps someone keep perspective on the big picture.
    07-04-17 03:59 AM
    Anyone already changed their display on the Keyone? How much did that set you back?
    08-23-17 11:23 AM
    The level 1 service center in my town charges 150$ for screen replacement!
    08-23-17 11:38 AM