After obsessively checking the Dorset CPW stores every day for the last month,
    today's virtual pop in online has borne fruit. Stores in Dorset (Bournemouth/ Poole have finally been replenished just in time for my visit on weds to Monday this week. They knew I was coming, I tell you! but will they sell out and are they defo the new ones?

First, I'll buy a nice strong suction cup.
    Two. I'll head all smiley and excited to the store and I'll give the model a good nerdy physical check and
    Three, errr I'll buy think about buying one. Gonna be difficult to put into practice the "patience is a virtue" line I keep trotting out hypocritically on other threads.

What happens if it all goes pete tong (pear-shaped)?
    What are the options as I live in España.

Better to try in CPW and buy from Amazon for ease of return?

Bournemouth
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, UNIT 2 CASTLEPOINT SHOPPING PARK, CASTLE LANE WEST, BOURNEMOUTH
    BH8 9UR
    2.83 miles
    0_SAS
    In stock
    Available to pick up
    Set as default store
    Poole (Falkland Sq)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 6 HIGH STREET, POOLE, ENGLAND
    BH15 1ER
    4.45 miles
    0_SAS
    In stock
    Available to pick up
    Set as default store
    Poole (Wessex Gate)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, Unit 7 Wessex Gate Retail Park, Broadstone Way, DORSET
    BH15 3TE
    4.98 miles
    0_SAS
    In stock
    Available to pick up
    Last edited by mrsimon; 07-24-17 at 02:16 PM. Reason: added stores
    07-24-17 02:07 PM
    today's virtual pop in online has borne fruit. Stores in Dorset (Bournemouth/ Poole have finally been replenished just in time for my visit on weds to Monday this week. They knew I was coming, I tell you! but will they sell out and are they defo the new ones?

Two. I'll head all smiley and excited to the store and I'll give the model a good nerdy physical check and
    Three, errr I'll buy think about buying one. Gonna be difficult to put into practice the "patience is a virtue" line I keep trotting out hypocritically on other threads.

I messaged them and another forum member tweeted CPW and they stated that they guaranteed that none of their stock contain the screen issue, not sure how they 100% know this or whether it is BS but mine arrived on Friday and no issues so far... why do you not just order online, free delivery next day if your order before 9pm.
    07-24-17 02:10 PM
    I messaged them and another forum member tweeted CPW and they stated that they guaranteed that none of their stock contain the screen issue, not sure how they 100% know this or whether it is BS but mine arrived on Friday and no issues so far... why do you not just order online, free delivery next day if your order before 9pm.
    As I said, that might be the best option, but I want to try it first since I have the chance and have waited this long (patiently) to try one.

Buying from Currys would mean sending back to the UK, right?
    and Amazon UK have a better returns ploicy, don't they?
    07-24-17 02:18 PM

Bournemouth
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, UNIT 2 CASTLEPOINT SHOPPING PARK, CASTLE LANE WEST, BOURNEMOUTH
    BH8 9UR
    2.83 miles
    0_SAS
    In stock
    Available to pick up
    Set as default store
    Poole (Falkland Sq)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, 6 HIGH STREET, POOLE, ENGLAND
    BH15 1ER
    4.45 miles
    0_SAS
    In stock
    Available to pick up
    Set as default store
    Poole (Wessex Gate)
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, Unit 7 Wessex Gate Retail Park, Broadstone Way, DORSET
    BH15 3TE
    4.98 miles
    0_SAS
    In stock
    Available to pick up
    Good luck with your adventure and potential purchase.

You have raised an issue which has bugged me for some time. All of these worldly international companies that sell out of stores or airports or kiosks. Why the heck shouldn't the warranty travel with the purchaser? I can understand that there might not be a local repair joint to handle the warranty but it should still be good.

I remember last summer in Amsterdam, checking out the Bose headphones. They would have gladly sold me a pair but I was not sure if the warranty would follow me home to the "New World." Would they have disclaimed it saying: "You should have purchased at your home airport or local store!" They would have been nice for the nine hour flight home but I did not want to chance it.

Similarly, you are on vacation or visiting somewhere and are tempted by a cellphone or what-have-you - these nonsense restrictions are, well, NONSENSE!

Okay, I've said me piece........
    07-24-17 02:26 PM
    I'm off there today, and will swing by a CPW tomorrow. So the moment of truth is near.
    CPW and "Truth"? An oxymoron?

service quality and CPW is an oxymoron as I found out yesterday. But I did get to try out the phone :
    Gonna continue on this thread :
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12973248
    Last edited by mrsimon; 07-28-17 at 06:14 AM. Reason: update
    07-26-17 03:29 AM