Why is everyone upset about the SD 625?

Why does everyone think it should have been the SD 835?

When you look at PC CPU's, most people buy the i3 intel CPU's which are low end and good for everyday use. They work fine, do the job fine and 95% of people are happy.

Everyone here seems to want the SD 835, which is like the i7 of phone CPU's. Instead we got the 625 which to me is an i5 of phone CPU's

If your only using your phone for browsing, calls, bbm and some apps. Why do you need the SD 825?

If you only browse youtube, facebook, use word, excel and netflix, why would you need an i7 770K when a i3 7300 works MORE than enough.?
    jakie55, Nathan Conley and tp2386 like this.
    02-25-17 04:39 PM
    Agreed. Battery longevity is much, much more important to this segment. Performance will still be great.
    02-25-17 04:55 PM

When you look at PC CPU's, most people buy the i3 intel CPU's which are low end and good for everyday use. They work fine, do the job fine and 95% of people are happy.

Everyone here seems to want the SD 835, which is like the i7 of phone CPU's. Instead we got the 625 which to me is an i5 of phone CPU's

If your only using your phone for browsing, calls, bbm and some apps. Why do you need the SD 825?

If you only browse youtube, facebook, use word, excel and netflix, why would you need an i7 770K when a i3 7300 works MORE than enough.?
    Well well said. Thank you.
    02-25-17 04:59 PM
    The i3 also costs significantly less than the Xeon. Power is not the issue here. The issue is that the phone is being priced as a flagship when it isn't.

Would you be happy with an i3 if you could have had a Xeon for the same price?
    02-25-17 05:16 PM

Exactly.
    02-25-17 05:21 PM
    The i3 also costs significantly less than the Xeon. Power is not the issue here. The issue is that the phone is being priced as a flagship when it isn't.

Would you be happy with an i3 if you could have had a Xeon for the same price?
    It's not being priced as a flagship. The new Apple and Samsung are going to sell for at a minimum $800+ USD, with the Plus models probably over $1000.

LG and HTC will only be marginally cheaper.

$550 USD for a well constructed phone, with monthly security updates delivered on time is appropriately priced. I was hoping for $499, but Que Sara, Sara.
    Barbareren likes this.
    02-25-17 05:23 PM
    I understand the desire for higher specs with every blackberry release because I am always worried it will be the last PKB released, i want it to last as long as possible! Although i must admit even my old dusty Q10 seems kind of ok still. The fear is in the world of Android where the os can change much faster than BB10, Priv always felt a little sluggish, but i think 7.1 may be a benefit for both Key and Priv.
    02-25-17 05:28 PM
    The CPU isn't too bad but it needs more memory (both RAM and internal storage).
    VeniceBB likes this.
    02-25-17 05:32 PM
    It's not being priced as a flagship. The new Apple and Samsung are going to sell for at a minimum $800+ USD, with the Plus models probably over $1000.

LG and HTC will only be marginally cheaper.

$550 USD for a well constructed phone, with monthly security updates delivered on time is appropriately priced. I was hoping for $499, but Que Sara, Sara.
    ^^^ This
    02-25-17 05:32 PM
    It's not being priced as a flagship.
    Maybe not, but that was BlackBerry's justification for the pricing. They used the term flagship, premium device. Go back and watch the presentation.
    02-25-17 05:34 PM
    It's all about balance and the SD625 is a solid chip set and with that huge battery it will last all day without turning the phone into a hot brick and well you won't have to be a (wall hugger) constantly charging.
    I bet side by side to other phones the keyone will rock it just fine and will last longer and work harder than anything else out there.

Done on BlackBerry Classic, Rip Z10, RIP BlackBerry 10
    02-25-17 05:48 PM
    People would whine if it were a flagship phone, people would complain if it were a budget phone...

There's just no pleasing everyone. I for one am extremely grateful that we still have a company selling pkb phones.

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    02-25-17 05:56 PM
    Once again you are twisting the situation. We are not asking for better specs, the price is too much for what you getting. Stop trying to change the narrative.
    02-25-17 06:01 PM
    Maybe not, but that was BlackBerry's justification for the pricing. They used the term flagship, premium device. Go back and watch the presentation.
    I know. Would you have preferred them to say "buy this mediocre phone"? Of course not, lol.

It's a flagship in the sense that it's well designed and constructed by everyone's account, and the best android phone with a keyboard possibly on the market (PRIV being the only competition). It has a top notch camera sensor ((hopefully the software (HDR)can equal the Pixel)).

This isn't a throw away Asus phone with no support. They've pledged the support on the update side, and have delivered that already on the Priv and Dtek's.

I think people are going to find that with the small screen that is only FHD, the SD 625 , and a large battery......it is going to deliver "Flagship" results.

I do wish they would have future proofed it with 4GB RAM.
    02-25-17 06:12 PM
    Once again you are twisting the situation. We are not asking for better specs, the price is too much for what you getting. Stop trying to change the narrative.
    Well that opinion is subjective.
    BBM is the only company selling quality pkb phones, they kind of get to determine what the price is. I personally expected the phone to be $600, so I was greatly surprised when I found out otherwise.
    However you are entitled to believe that due to specs the phone should be cheaper, but you also have the option to buy any other quality pkb phone on the market. And I am entitled to believe that BBM has done us a huge favor by offering a new pkb.

Honestly I've paid full price for many phones and I never could justify the cost, especially when there were 6 other major phones offering the same thing. I really believe BBM is offering a one of a kind phone at an exceptional price.
    Again, all these matters are subjective and I don't expect everyone to agree.

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    Barbareren likes this.
    02-25-17 06:20 PM
    The CPU isn't too bad but it needs more memory (both RAM and internal storage).
    The same analogy applies, if you have a phone an os that knows how to do memory management, which Android 7.1 knows pretty well how to do, RAM is not an issue.
    You need more then 32GB if you cannot expand storage externally, which by the way, it can be done up to 2TB in this case, modern apps put only necessary binaries on internal memory and the rest of resources usually goes to external memory if available, most of your multimedia files are also stored on external memory. Nowadays 64GB high quality sd cards are available at accessible prices.

Then what should that price be?
    Plus who's forcing you to buy it?
    Barbareren and Nathan Conley like this.
    02-25-17 06:21 PM
    Faster CPU doesn't mean worse battery life... look at Apple: the newer and much faster A10 chips are much more power efficient, cause it can achieve task with less energy.

However for a price of 550USD, you can't ask for much more
    02-25-17 06:25 PM
    Agreed. Battery longevity is much, much more important to this segment. Performance will still be great.
    Maybe, but we don't know about performance. Priv was good at launch, and almost unusably laggy a month after. Performance is my only concern.
    02-25-17 06:29 PM
    Maybe, but we don't know about performance. Priv was good at launch, and almost unusably laggy a month after. Performance is my only concern.
    The people that used it are impressed. You can also check the reviews for the Moto Z Play.
    02-25-17 06:33 PM
    You need more then 32GB if you cannot expand storage externally, which by the way, it can be done up to 2TB in this case, modern apps put only necessary binaries on internal memory and the rest of resources usually goes to external memory if available
    I hope so. When I had my Xperia Z1 it installed all apps to internal memory. The SD card couldn't be used for apps. Even a third party camera app was unable to write to the SD card. I hope Android has been improved since those days.
    02-25-17 06:38 PM
    I hope so. When I had my Xperia Z1 it installed all apps to internal memory. The SD card couldn't be used for apps. Even a third party camera app was unable to write to the SD card. I hope Android has been improved since those days.
    It has greatly improved. The software this is launching with is the latest Android iteration.
    02-25-17 06:39 PM
    I understand the desire for higher specs with every blackberry release because I am always worried it will be the last PKB released, i want it to last as long as possible!
    This was/is the reason I care about cpu specs... If it would be a normal Samsung slab..who cares about cpu details, next half year there's a new device. In the case of pkb-phones every release could be the last one.

CB10 on my PP SE
    02-25-17 06:51 PM
    This is where adoptable storage really comes in handy. If you mount a quality high-speed SD card, you can put it in as adoptable storage. This integrates the card permanently into your internal memory. It also gets encrypted in the same matter. With a good quality class 10 card you simply won't see the difference any everyday operation of apps.
    02-25-17 06:53 PM
    This was/is the reason I care about cpu specs... If it would be a normal Samsung slab..who cares about cpu details, next half year there's a new device. In the case of pkb-phones every release could be the last one.

CB10 on my PP SE
    This was my primary concern as well. It's a completely valid point. I still view this phone as a very nice device. My mom still is rocking a Galaxy S3, and I grab it every now and then. It still has little issue with everything I've thrown at it. Obviously I wouldn't game on it, but then again, I'm not a gamer. 😎
    02-25-17 06:58 PM
    I agree the specs are MORE then enough for majority of people. I use a dtek50 for 3 businesses, but don't play games or use a lot of other apps other then browser, mail, phone, text. Other then having to plug in to charge a little the phone is fine and the KEYone will be much faster and smoother. so really it will be a very good device.
    02-25-17 07:00 PM
26 12