So still using my KeyOne and still happy with it, it has been reliable and always felt well built (i know others had issues with screens). Recently the back cover came loose, i am not sure if this was because it was dropped or due to an issue with the battery as it seems the silver film on the battery has lifted and feels almost like there is an air bubble behind it? I was going to order a new back cover but it the issue is the battery there seems little point?

If it is the battery i'm not sure i fancy doing it myself so any recomendations?
    11-23-20 06:28 AM
    If your battery has inflated, it can be a safety hazard.

I would back up all your data and turn the phone off as soon as possible.

Then order a replacement battery on eBay and use another phone until it gets here.

You can then decide if you want to replace it yourself or take to it to a cell phone repair shop.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-23-20 06:48 AM
    Thanks for the reply - any recomendations on which battery makes are good or to avoid?
    11-23-20 07:10 AM
    So bought a new battery, which arrived yesterday and despite being a bit nervous about changing it myself, it was a pretty easy job, took my time easing the old battery out but all very simple and everything went back together as it should and seems to be working fine. Really do like the KeyOne it really should have sold a lot more!

Maybe controversal but in some ways my favourite since the 9650.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-25-20 04:05 AM
    I strongly advise you stop using the phone. Find and order a new battery and backplate for the phone from a reputable Source (I got it off of eBay) and review the YouTube video regarding replacement of the battery. Be aware it requires a little jiggering of the top two snap-ins to get it under the bezel which does NOT require removal. Furthermore there is middle SNAP on a post right in the center near the battery connector that has to be snapped as well which is not obvious unless you look carefully. The whole thing takes about 5 minutes. I have the intelligence and dexterity of an orangutan and I was able to accomplish this without difficulty. Ordering the backplate in advance is rewarding because until you get used to snapping off the back plate sometimes i breaks one of the connecting tabs; that way you have a new one and you're all set since the back plate is quite inexpensive.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 11-30-20 at 08:05 AM.
    11-25-20 12:34 PM
    I strongly advise you stuff using the phone. Find an order a new battery and backplate for the phone from a reputable Source (I got it off of eBay) and review the YouTube video regarding replacement of the battery. Be aware it requires a little bigger during of the top two snap-ins to get it under the bezel which does not require removal. Furthermore there is State SNAP in post right in the center near the battery connector that has to be stamped as well which is not obvious unless you look carefully. The whole thing takes about 5 minutes. I have the intelligence and dexterity of an orangutan and I was able to accomplish this without difficulty. Ordering the backplate in advance is rewarding because until you get used to it snapping off the back plate sometimes breaks one of the canal connecting tabs; that way you have a new one and you're all set since the back plate is quite inexpensive.
    Thanks - new battery fitted and all back together and working fine - very happy!
    11-30-20 06:46 AM
    congratulations !!
    11-30-20 08:07 AM