There's nothing about speakers or stereo in the specifications on the BlackBerry Mobile site.
    I know that. That's why I'm asking the OP where did he see it in writing from TCL .
    03-20-17 10:41 PM
    I know that. That's why I'm asking the OP where did he see it in writing from TCL .
    He didn't as far as I know, but he did read in the thread below that James Nieves said it had stereo speakers.

Also Rico4you said he "Asked BlackBerry rep and did say 3 speakers 1 at the top and 2 at the top [bottom]."

Slagman also said "I remember someone with us said that he covered the bottom grills one at a time to verify the sound came from both...".

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eaker-1101465/
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-20-17 10:58 PM
    He didn't as far as I know, but he did read in the thread below that James Nieves said it had stereo speakers.

Also Rico4you said he "Asked BlackBerry rep and did say 3 speakers 1 at the top and 2 at the top [bottom]."

Slagman also said "I remember someone with us said that he covered the bottom grills one at a time to verify the sound came from both...".

James Comey, is that you?
    03-20-17 11:03 PM

Thanks for your help. Looks like we're going to have to wait a few more weeks to find out for sure though.
    03-20-17 11:04 PM
    I thought I did. It was verbally said at the Barcelona event, my mistake.
    03-21-17 12:56 AM

I did state on this conversation that I thought I saw it in writing, but it was just verbally said to me while at the Barcelona event. My mistake.
    03-21-17 12:57 AM
    From a photographic point of view it is actually better to have a larger area as a light source to create softer, more spreaded light than one wee point which creates hard shadows. Think of a softbox etc photographers use. So, let's see...if it's indeed bright enough, why not.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10011343) and yyz321 like this.
    03-21-17 01:03 AM
    I really hoped that someone would compare the display brightness with PRIV and/or Classic.

Also did someone compare the speaker loudness/bass level to any device?

And maybe the most important thing: signal and call quality???

We need a more scientific approach. No guessing and meaning.
    kitmo likes this.
    03-21-17 02:04 AM
    Here's hoping for "stereo" speakers - louder, clearer the better.

LCD flash is fine. Not a huge fan of smartphone flashes either way. I've never personally used one like this but if it's similar to how snapchat whitens the screen it should be good enough.

I'm typing this on a classic right now so I'm glad to hear the typing experience is very similar.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 02:12 AM
    LCD flash is fine. Not a huge fan of smartphone flashes either way. I've never personally used one like this
    Posted via CB10
    Because you never used one. I've got it on my Moto X Force and it makes beautiful pictures. It even works for Video Calls!
    Its another dealbraker for me....

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-21-17 02:36 AM
    Because you never used one. I've got it on my Moto X Force and it makes beautiful pictures. It even works for Video Calls!

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    When I said I never used one like this... I was referring to the LCD flash and not a dedicated led flash.

I know what dedicated flashes are like on smartphones. Sure I've never used a dedicated front flash... but most can create some harsh shadows.

Someone mentioned the screen could create a softer look which I tend to agree (depending how well the screen brightness works to illuminate the face)

As for video calls, you do make a good point but generally when I make a Skype video call I try to do it in good light ; good point nonetheless if used as a dedicated always-on light source.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zensen; 03-21-17 at 05:50 AM.
    03-21-17 02:46 AM
    I am watching closely as it is on my agenda - to consider buying it to replace my Classic as the Classic had been having issues pretty outofthe normal. It keeps me with the classic world of bb, upgrades me with speed and space, screen size and brings me with another world of Android to reach where OS10 could not.
    03-21-17 05:52 AM
    I tried out the clickiness of the keyboard side-by-side with my Classic (before I didn't do it directly back and forth so couldn't say more than "it felt good" when asked about that) and I can say it was pretty much identical to my Classic in clickiness, which is great BTW. :-)
    Many thanks for that, it is the more important thing for my decision to buy or not the K1.
    03-21-17 06:00 AM
    When I said I never used one like this... I was referring to the LCD flash and not a dedicated led flash.

I know what dedicated flashes are like on smartphones. Sure I've never used a dedicated front flash... but most can create some harsh shadows.

Someone mentioned the screen could create a softer look which I tend to agree (depending how well the screen brightness works to illuminate the face)

As for video calls, you do make a good point but generally when I make a Skype video call I try to do it in good light ; good point nonetheless if used as a dedicated always-on light source.

Posted via CB10
    If its not a dealbreaker for you I'm happy for you
    I hope BlackBerry will sell a lot of keyones and the next qwerty will be more Classic like but with better specs and features.

via Passport OG
    03-21-17 06:12 AM
    Awesome, thanks, ToniCapri(sp?) and I think one other person wanted me to check on the phone itself during the meet-up.
    Yeah, Bla1ze actually posted it a few days back.

Now we can forget about L6A and continue to monitor 2ACCJ.

http://fccid.io/2ACCJ
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-21-17 06:35 AM
    And also keep in mind the hardware isn't final so some of these things might change.
    I wonder what this means?
    You are probably not talking about the re-introduction of the middle/mute button between the large volume rocker, are you? LOL
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rcury-1096715/

-Stereo sound. I hope so.
    -LED Flash for front cam would be awesome, but I never expected it to be more than LCD flash (like with the PRIV) to start with, I don't know where you (or anyone else) got that from?
    -I had the classic for a couple of days before I send it back due to it being too (top)heavy for me. But the keyboard was ace, so that's nice to hear that it feels (and hears!!) similar when you're using it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-21-17 06:38 AM
    Thanks Slagman!

I hope it has better stereo speakers but, if they are both on the bottom (which, by the look of the design, I think is a safe assumption), I don't know that it would make that much difference. As long as it has a decently loud and clear sounding speaker, it won't make too big of a difference. The best sounding device ever was the Z30 with the stereo coming from the top and bottom of the device. Perhaps the DTEKs rival that but with both speakers on the bottom, it's not possible, I think. The way I see it is that it's mostly used for speakerphone and communications anyway. Media (music or movies) is going to sound better through a headset or bluetooth speakers regardless.

Anyway... this wouldn't be a deal breaker if it didn't; just a nice bonus if it did.
    Agree.
    might be a so called "stereo speaker"...
    03-21-17 06:45 AM
    None of what you detailed here is a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't say that I never take a selfie. But I have probably taken what I can count on my two hands ever. So no front LED flash is hardly a thing for me. In regards to the stereo speaker situation. I assume that since these where pre-production that this is a feature that will be added moving forward. If not though, I still don't mind. I never use the speakers on my phones. I have Bluetooth speakers in my office and home and utilize BT in the car. Neither of these things dissuade me at all.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    03-21-17 07:01 AM
    I wonder what this means?
    You are probably not talking about the re-introduction of the middle/mute button between the large volume rocker, are you? LOL
    Correct! Retooling the phone I can't in my wildest dreams imagine. Changing the top speaker, if even necessary, to permit stereo sound I can see happening. Probably more of a software tweak, but who knows.
    03-21-17 07:02 AM
    Correct! Retooling the phone I can't in my wildest dreams imagine. Changing the top speaker, if even necessary, to permit stereo sound I can see happening. Probably more of a software tweak, but who knows.
    That's honestly what I imagine will happen. I want "stereo" sound.

Dual separated speaker "stereo" would be awesome, but not a major issue imo.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-21-17 07:13 AM
    I never said it's a deal breaker, but just said that it would be nice to have...
    How about we all wait for actual production unit and trust it will have stereo speakers like they claim. It will match what is on spec sheet on the BlackBerry website today. Yes, LCD flash and most likely stereo speakers.
    http://www.blackberrymobile.com/specifications.html
    03-21-17 07:13 AM
    From a photographic point of view it is actually better to have a larger area as a light source to create softer, more spreaded light than one wee point which creates hard shadows. Think of a softbox etc photographers use. So, let's see...if it's indeed bright enough, why not.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is true, I was only thinking about intensity, but at the distance of a "selfie" the screen light is sufficient. It was way brighter than other screen flashes I've seen on other phones. And I get what you're saying about the spread out light, it's like why I put the diffuser on my speedlight I use on my DSLR. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-21-17 07:43 AM

Yep, another one out of many for you. Yet you are still here, talking about how you're not interested in this phone. No criticism, please comment wherever you please, but you must have some free time on your hands, lol. :-D

03-21-17 07:49 AM
    Yeah, Bla1ze actually posted it a few days back.

Now we can forget about L6A and continue to monitor 2ACCJ.

http://fccid.io/2ACCJ
    Cipriani, how come I can never remember that correctly no matter how many times I talk with you??? Smfh sorry.

03-21-17 07:51 AM
    I'm more concerned with volume, and if the final production mimics the Barcelona hardware, then we're there. While my Z30 had amazing sound out of it, you still couldn't get a true stereo effect, with the speakers so close.

Front flash being LCD also is quite acceptable for me. If I was truly concerned about selfies in the dark, well I'd probably have a camera man, and make a lot more quid.
    That's it! True Stereo usually means the 'left' and 'right' are more than 4 or 5 inches apart.

"Loud" and "Clear" are all I'm hoping for out of my phone's speaker(s).
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-21-17 07:51 AM
137 1234 ...