I think the space bar could only cover a portion of your thumb or whichever finger you swipe. Do you think you'd have to swipe/slide your thumb over the entire thing to use it?

What if you wanted to use your pinkie fingerprint? Or a toe?
    02-23-17 08:54 PM
    If it has nougat it should have swipe on the FP scanner to view notifications shade.
    02-23-17 09:37 PM
    Touch FP scanner. That's the reason for the prominent space bar.

Last swipe fp scanner was the GS5.
    02-23-17 10:25 PM
    But it can only touch a fraction of your fingerprint. What if you put the top half of your fingerprint when you enter the data. Then you touch the bottom half of your fingerprint.
    02-24-17 07:53 AM
    But it can only touch a fraction of your fingerprint. What if you put the top half of your fingerprint when you enter the data. Then you touch the bottom half of your fingerprint.
    The way fingerprints are implemented on other phones I have used is that you have to put your finger on the scanner multiple times in multiple areas and angles of the finger. This way the scanner has the entire finger.
    Last edited by diego.roscetti; 02-24-17 at 01:30 PM. Reason: spelling
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    02-24-17 07:55 AM
    Yes I agree it might be possible that a full swipe will be needed, like the ones in older Samsung Galaxy S line.

I love zombies.
    02-24-17 07:58 AM
    We will find out soon enough how all this works.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 08:16 AM
    I think the space bar could only cover a portion of your thumb or whichever finger you swipe. Do you think you'd have to swipe/slide your thumb over the entire thing to use it?

What if you wanted to use your pinkie fingerprint? Or a toe?
    Take a look at the Xperia Z5 Compact FP scanner for example. I have one of those and no problem at all. No need to swipe and it works reasonably well
    02-24-17 09:37 AM
    Have you ever programmed a fingerprint scanner? It will prompt you to touch the scanner in multiple ways in order for it to recognise all portions of your finger. The iPhone scanner and most others are smaller than a regular fingerprint as well. You should also be able to program multiple fingers.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 10:01 AM
    The way fingerprints are implemented on other phones I have used is that you have to put your finger on the scanner multiple times in multiple areas and angles of the finger. This was the scanner has the entire finger.
    I should scroll through before I answer someone :lol:

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 10:03 AM
    I will say it again. The FP scanner is a touch scanner. There is no way in hell it will be a swipe scanner.

I feel like I'm comfortable in making a Blackberry Bold prediction here. 😂😂
    02-24-17 10:31 AM