The convenience key brings up the menu in some apps.

The stupid thing: You never know before. So unless you press it, you don't know if the app has a menu there or if the "convenience" key will kick you out of the app and do its special function.

So I'd say it's rather a surprise key than anything else.
    01-17-18 06:59 AM
    Interesting. What build is your KEYone on currently? I've never had any issues on either older builds or the Dec/Jan builds with the new convenience key options. Hmm, seems you're not the only one - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...agree-1135179/
    wentouch likes this.
    01-17-18 02:43 PM
    I'll get an menu instead of the key function in apps like Calengoo or Dialer 2.

I think it depends on the app, if it requests an menu key or not. The problem is: If the convenience key does not open the menu, how else could I open the menu on these apps?
    01-17-18 04:33 PM
    Whenever I use the NBC Sports app to live stream sports, the convenience key interrupts (stops) the feed. Sometimes pressing it again resumes, sometimes I need to restart the app. Annoying, but not a huge deal.
    01-17-18 04:53 PM
    Some apps override the default function for the convenience key.

Some apps even let the user override the default function and switch.

Blame it on the rain.
    01-18-18 12:25 AM
    Some apps override the default function for the convenience key.
    Ermm... How do I get into the menu on other Android devices which don't have a convenience key? This seems to be a standard Android function, maybe for apps that were made for older versions.
    01-23-18 06:21 PM
    CK brings the app's menu? To me that sounds like one of the more usable features of that key...

If there is something I don't like about Android in general is that menu button are so far out of reach that one need to surgically extend their thumb just to tap the menu button one handedly.

If the CK brought up the menu in Hub for example that would be one of its most useful features....
    01-23-18 06:49 PM
    In the app settings, you can turn off "allow modify system settings" , and see whether it will make a difference.
    01-23-18 07:12 PM
    In the app settings, you can turn off "allow modify system settings" , and see whether it will make a difference.
    In which app settings? The KC settings page?
    01-23-18 07:25 PM
    In which app settings? The KC settings page?
    Settings, Apps, click the gear, special access and then modify system settings
    01-23-18 07:35 PM
    Settings, Apps, click the gear, special access and then modify system settings
    I am able to find that menu but nothing the points to the convenience key or its functionality / accessibility.
    01-23-18 07:43 PM
    I am able to find that menu but nothing the points to the convenience key or its functionality / accessibility.
    Does the app that you launch with the convenience key has the modify system settings?
    01-23-18 08:26 PM
    Does the app that you launch with the convenience key has the modify system settings?
    It doesn't. I am trying to enable this for the Hub which is not included in the list of apps in that area of settings....
    01-23-18 08:44 PM