Hi everyone,

This is my first ever question about a blackberry as I used to find answers of my previous questions in this forum...

I bought here in France a keyone about 6 weeks ago and still struggle with Android compared to the greatest BB10.

But these days, what I hate most about my keyone is that I can't find a way to control the volume of my podcast or music using the button of my headphone.
    I can only change the volume when pressing the buttons on my keyone....

Am I the only one?
    I use deezer or phonograph for music and Podcast addict for podcasts.

Thanks for your help
    Phil
    FF22 likes this.
    08-21-17 09:48 AM
    What type of headset do you have? It works fine for me with my Sony STH30 headset (with extra volume controls). If you have only one button, you can look into installing an app that has options to remap the headset button functions.
    08-21-17 10:54 AM
    hi Peter, Thanks for your answer.

I actually have a Sennheiser, a low-end one (MM 30i whatever). The thing is it works even with an iPhone 7 with the adaptator.

I tried then with another one and you were right, it works. The difference between the two headphones seems to be the dedicated or not buttons .

Therefore, should you know the name of an app that would have option to remap the button, I would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks again,
    Phil
    08-21-17 11:18 AM
    Make sure that the cable is fully plugged in. If Blackberry Virtual Expert is available for your phone, install than and run the headphones tests, although i don't think Volume control is one of the tests.
    08-21-17 11:37 AM
    Blackberry Virtual Expert is BB10 only as far as I can tell, isn't it?

Unfortunately for me, the cable is fully plugged in....

Thanks anyway for your time spent to answer my question
    08-21-17 12:04 PM
    If the headset works with iPhone the volume control will not work with Android devices since there is a difference in the connector.
    Sennheiser has dedicated versions of their headsets for iOS and Android.
    08-21-17 02:19 PM
    Blackberry Virtual Expert is BB10 only as far as I can tell, isn't it?

Unfortunately for me, the cable is fully plugged in....

Thanks anyway for your time spent to answer my question
    I found a version on the web that partially works with the KeyOne.
    08-21-17 03:48 PM
    Hi everyone,

This is my first ever question about a blackberry as I used to find answers of my previous questions in this forum...

I bought here in France a keyone about 6 weeks ago and still struggle with Android compared to the greatest BB10.

But these days, what I hate most about my keyone is that I can't find a way to control the volume of my podcast or music using the button of my headphone.
    I can only change the volume when pressing the buttons on my keyone....

Am I the only one?
    I use deezer or phonograph for music and Podcast addict for podcasts.

Thanks for your help
    Phil
    There are specific headsets with drivers and connectors for ios, and android! Make sure you are using a compatible model for android only! Good high quality triple button mic headsets for android are hard to find! I use QJAYS w/android cable!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-21-17 10:07 PM