I have been struggling with my contacts since day one of buying this phone and spent way to many hours trying to figure out how to solve this. So here are the problems.

Duplicate contacts
    When synchronizing contacts after I have fixed them up. They synchronize back to what they were.
    Most used contacts are disappearing.
    When I had my list correct ( lasted maybe a day) the car (2017 Toyota Camry) still has multiple duplicate listings of people and numbers, they are even all the same but the car tells me that there are 3 such people and they have these numbers. Yes we can say that is the cars software but it is reading from the phone.

Any idea on what I am missing? How do I get some sanity back to my contact list, (I miss my passport so much). It is time for me to upgrade soon and I am not sure what to do stay with Blackberry or go. I cannot afford to waste so much time re-configuring contact all the time. Thanks for listening, suggestions welcome.
    05-30-19 12:18 PM
    This can happen when you're trying to sync to more than one cloud source.

The solution is to use only one service, like Gmail, fix all of your contacts online, and then add the account to a clean device.

From there on, when you add any contacts, add it to Gmail - not local.
    I have been struggling with my contacts since day one of buying this phone and spent way to many hours trying to figure out how to solve this.
    Where are your contacts pulling from? (GMail, Outlook, etc?) They're surely not all local.
    05-30-19 12:37 PM
    I have this problem and have given up. I just search for contacts now.

the most annoying thing is when someone's work number has been passed on to a new member of staff. I change one contact but because it's not universal when they ring it still shows up as the old name...
    05-30-19 01:57 PM
    This can happen when you're trying to sync to more than one cloud source.

The solution is to use only one service, like Gmail, fix all of your contacts online, and then add the account to a clean device.

From there on, when you add any contacts, add it to Gmail - not local.
    Last edited by conite; 06-24-19 at 10:17 PM.
    05-30-19 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I am having the same issue, I will try this, thanks
    06-24-19 09:22 PM