03-06-19 04:15 AM
32 12
tools
    Since Oreo I have not been able to get my contacts to show in the car audio when pairing. I have deleted phone from car and removed car from phone and still does not work.

Anyone found this problem and been able to fix it?
    I have tried a bunch of things. Even took it back to mazda and had them update the firmware. This is REALLY frustrating when you buy a new car and find your phone won't work with it (Especially as I did check this on the test drive with out issues)

I kinda wish I had saved some $ and purchased a slightly older car....after all, these days what use is a new car if it won't work with your phone?
    01-17-19 06:53 PM
    I am having this problem as well since moving to the Key2. All was working with DTEK.
    01-17-19 07:17 PM
    Thanks Carl. Tried it and bingo it worked for me. Done all the deletion from car and phone then re paired and unticked the box on first screen and re ticked it. Went through the rest of set up and it worked.

Only thing I have done differently than before is unticking and reticking the very first share contacts with car box.

Many thanks all who have contributed much appreciated. 👍
    Hi BBPandy,

See above quote which has fixed my issue and also a couple of others on here.
    01-19-19 10:24 AM
    My wife's '17 Nissan Rogue SL Platinum with Nav just had the latest software/infotainment update.

Now her contacts were no longer downloading but everything Bluetooth has to offer still works but still a pain because instead of simply saying "call mom or call any name" you have to say "Dial xxx-xxx-xxxx which is hard because with so many contacts, there's no way to remember all those numbers.

I did the un-install/re-install/re-pair etc... to no avail.

My '17 Escape Titanium with Sync 3 has no issues and everything works flawlessly.

What I did after reading so many forums was to try and install this from Google Play Store.

There is a trial version to see if it fixes your problem and fortunately for my me and wife (we both have KEYᵒⁿᵉs Oreo 8.1 November Patch '18) this app worked!

Only minor annoyance is that DTEK notification goes off everytime you make a call when accessing car's phonebook via Bluetooth sync to your phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid_rsap.irmc
    01-19-19 07:20 PM
    Since Oreo I have not been able to get my contacts to show in the car audio when pairing. I have deleted phone from car and removed car from phone and still does not work.

Anyone found this problem and been able to fix it?
    Yes my son found the answer to the issue. Blackberry doesn't give you the option on your phone for contacts to be download. You can only download hands free and messages
    02-18-19 07:12 PM
    Yes my son found the answer to the issue. Blackberry doesn't give you the option on your phone for contacts to be download. You can only download hands free and messages
    Um...did you read through this whole thread? Apparently this has been resolved, the fix is in this thread.
    02-18-19 09:45 PM
    When you pair the phone the first time you need to watch carefully for a little checkbox "Share Contacts and Call History" or something very similar. If you don't check that, you're doomed. There are a couple of work-arounds:

1) Turn off your phone's bluetooth and then delete the phone from your car's bluetooth profiles. Turn off your car (so your phone can't pair) and then turn on your phone's BT so that you can delete the car from that profile.

2) Now - turn on your car and phone's BT and try the pairing again - watching carefully for that little checkbox on the phone.

3) If that did not work and if your car has Android Auto installed - you can automate all of this by simply connecting your phone to a USB port in your car. Repeat Step 1 above to erase the connections. Start your car and plug in your phone to the car's USB connection. Android auto will start and also pair your phone for BT as well.

This worked very well for me a couple of times for different KeyOne and Key2's I paired to my Audi and a rental Kia.
    I was really struggling with this issues since the last update: I finally followed step by step this instruciotns and the problem was solved!

Thank you!
    03-06-19 04:15 AM
32 12