I need some detailed help on managing my Contacts on my KeyOne. I have 500+ Local Contacts on my KeyOne and although I have been using my KeyOne for a couple of years now, I have never backed up my Contacts. I keep my Contacts detailed and organized, but have been entirely remiss on seeing the bigger picture, however. I have a Google account, but not Outlook. I have started to need contact information on other devices when emailing and in addition am worried about my Contacts not being backed up. I am frustrated that I am so ignorant on this.

How do I back up my Contacts?
    How do I allow my main Google account to access them?
    How do I keep them synced from here on out (if that is the best option).

Help?
    03-09-20 07:14 PM
    I need some detailed help on managing my Contacts on my KeyOne. I have 500+ Local Contacts on my KeyOne and although I have been using my KeyOne for a couple of years now, I have never backed up my Contacts. I keep my Contacts detailed and organized, but have been entirely remiss on seeing the bigger picture, however. I have a Google account, but not Outlook. I have started to need contact information on other devices when emailing and in addition am worried about my Contacts not being backed up. I am frustrated that I am so ignorant on this.

How do I back up my Contacts?
    How do I allow my main Google account to access them?
    How do I keep them synced from here on out (if that is the best option).

Help?
    Your Gmail account... you are signed into the KeyOne with it?

If so, open the BlackBerry Contacts app on your KeyOne, touch the gear icon top right hand corner, then tap Contacts Management and select Copy contacts. Here you can choose to copy your contacts to your Google account. There is a check box asking if you want to delete contacts after copying; I'd leave this unchecked in case something goes wrong.
    Once you have copied your contacts from local storage to your Google account, go to Google Contacts in a browser and double check that all of your contacts are showing here.
    Once everything completes you might as well delete all the local contacts on your device.

Posted via CB10
    jdavison likes this.
    03-09-20 07:24 PM
    Your Gmail account... you are signed into the KeyOne with it?

If so, open the BlackBerry Contacts app on your KeyOne, touch the gear icon top right hand corner, then tap Contacts Management and select Copy contacts. Here you can choose to copy your contacts to your Google account. There is a check box asking if you want to delete contacts after copying; I'd leave this unchecked in case something goes wrong.
    Once you have copied your contacts from local storage to your Google account, go to Google Contacts in a browser and double check that all of your contacts are showing here.
    Once everything completes you might as well delete all the local contacts on your device.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I have made it halfway. I successfully copied my contacts so that now in my Contacts App, Local Contacts says 490 and my logged in google account says 488 (where it originally said 0). However, when I go to my Google Contacts in a browser, it still shows 0 contacts. I have logged out and back in on my browser. Do I have to turn on some kind of sync or change some settings?
    03-09-20 07:46 PM
    Thank you! I have made it halfway. I successfully copied my contacts so that now in my Contacts App, Local Contacts says 490 and my logged in google account says 488 (where it originally said 0). However, when I go to my Google Contacts in a browser, it still shows 0 contacts. I have logged out and back in on my browser. Do I have to turn on some kind of sync or change some settings?
    You might have to...on your KeyOne go to Settings > Users and Accounts > tap on your Google account > Account sync. Ensure the toggle next to Contacts is enabled. Then tap the three dots top right and select Sync Now.
    Let it sync then check back on your browser.

Posted via CB10
    jdavison likes this.
    03-09-20 08:01 PM
    You might have to...on your KeyOne go to Settings > Users and Accounts > tap on your Google account > Account sync. Ensure the toggle next to Contacts is enabled. Then tap the three dots top right and select Sync Now.
    Let it sync then check back on your browser.

Posted via CB10
    I SO appreciate all this help! That worked! One more question. I had originally attached a picture to each of my Contacts in my KeyOne and those did not carry over to my Gmail account. That doesn't matter to me on the Gmail end, but if I end up deleting the Local Contacts now, all of my Contacts will not have any pictures. Do you know of any way to sync those as well or is there anything wrong with keeping both Local Contacts and their duplicates in Google so that I can have the "pretty" ones still being used on my Keyone?
    03-09-20 08:18 PM
    I SO appreciate all this help! That worked! One more question. I had originally attached a picture to each of my Contacts in my KeyOne and those did not carry over to my Gmail account. That doesn't matter to me on the Gmail end, but if I end up deleting the Local Contacts now, all of my Contacts will not have any pictures. Do you know of any way to sync those as well or is there anything wrong with keeping both Local Contacts and their duplicates in Google so that I can have the "pretty" ones still being used on my Keyone?
    There is no harm in keeping the locals.
    03-09-20 08:29 PM
    Things went kooky when I kept Local and Google contacts, so I reverted strictly to Google and updated all the contact pictures. However, things went kooky again and I have finally figured out what is going on, but I don't understand it.

In the Contacts App: Gear Icon: Accounts
    my Gmail address is listed twice. Once with the actual Google icon next to it and once with the generic "person" icon (this one also has the color i have assigned the account in the hub to the left of it). If I check the box next to each of these, my contacts duplicate. If I check the box next to the hub identified one, I get 340 of my contacts. If I check the box next to the Google icon identified account, I get all 371 of my contacts, which is what I want. Any idea why my Google account is listed twice and if it is hurting anything?
    03-16-20 06:14 PM
    Things went kooky when I kept Local and Google contacts, so I reverted strictly to Google and updated all the contact pictures. However, things went kooky again and I have finally figured out what is going on, but I don't understand it.

In the Contacts App: Gear Icon: Accounts
    my Gmail address is listed twice. Once with the actual Google icon next to it and once with the generic "person" icon (this one also has the color i have assigned the account in the hub to the left of it). If I check the box next to each of these, my contacts duplicate. If I check the box next to the hub identified one, I get 340 of my contacts. If I check the box next to the Google icon identified account, I get all 371 of my contacts, which is what I want. Any idea why my Google account is listed twice and if it is hurting anything?
    One of those is the account that is on the device itself, while the other is likely the one you have signed into Hub (or Inbox), and therefore shows as another account.
    I don't see it hurting anything, just check the account that you want it to show in the contacts app, and the other account will stay hidden.
    03-16-20 08:17 PM