Does anyone know how to import my Google contacts as my phone contacts? The transfer from my PRIV didn't go well and it's a bit of a mess. I've added all the contacts into Google now on my chromebook but don't know what to do now.
    06-17-17 01:46 PM
    Check your email settings to sync them. You are using the same Google address on the phone?
    06-17-17 01:58 PM
    I didn't get abt half of my contacts. very frustrating.
    06-17-17 02:55 PM
    Did you have your contacts in Gmail? I'm fairly new to Android and Google too. I'm not sure if Google now is the same?
    06-17-17 05:05 PM
    I exported from my wife's Moto Z play to her Google Drive then imported to the K1. Worked perfect. For my own, they all came over when I setup my email on the K1
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-17 05:16 PM
    Check on your PRIV to see if some of your contacts were local.
    06-17-17 06:19 PM
    One issue that has plagued me from Passport, Priv, DTEK60 and now KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the duplicate contacts. Not just duplicate, sometimes 3-4 of the same. Some of those copies have half info, some have full info, some just has a contact photo. My guess is, every time I switch phones, a phone copy gets uploaded to Google contacts, thus replicating copies when importing to a new phone. I have tried going to the web and updating my contacts in Google but it hasn't been an easy way as some contacts disappear. It becomes a mess all over again. My only solution is to redo my contacts (merging, deleting, fixing contact photos) on the phone itself when I switch each time. Such a pain.
    06-17-17 10:28 PM
    ... My guess is, every time I switch phones, a phone copy gets uploaded to Google contacts, thus replicating copies when importing to a new phone. I have tried going to the web and updating my contacts in Google but it hasn't been an easy way as some contacts disappear. It becomes a mess all over again. My only solution is to redo my contacts (merging, deleting, fixing contact photos) on the phone itself when I switch each time. Such a pain...
    Are you sure when you edit the Contacts on your phone that you're actually editing your GMail Account contacts and not your Local or SIM contacts?

Check your settings to make sure that when you create a new contact the default is set for GMail. Also make sure that the default is to display your GMail Account contacts.
    06-17-17 11:58 PM
    One issue that has plagued me from Passport, Priv, DTEK60 and now KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the duplicate contacts. Not just duplicate, sometimes 3-4 of the same. Some of those copies have half info, some have full info, some just has a contact photo. My guess is, every time I switch phones, a phone copy gets uploaded to Google contacts, thus replicating copies when importing to a new phone. I have tried going to the web and updating my contacts in Google but it hasn't been an easy way as some contacts disappear. It becomes a mess all over again. My only solution is to redo my contacts (merging, deleting, fixing contact photos) on the phone itself when I switch each time. Such a pain.
    I have many contacts w 3-4x. Blackberry really sux at this. They created this problem porting over contacts. Grrr!
    06-18-17 12:05 AM
    I have many contacts w 3-4x. Blackberry really sux at this. They created this problem porting over contacts. Grrr!
    Very unlikely that BlackBerry is creating the problem all by themselves.
    06-18-17 12:34 AM
    Are you sure when you edit the Contacts on your phone that you're actually editing your GMail Account contacts and not your Local or SIM contacts?

Check your settings to make sure that when you create a new contact the default is set for GMail. Also make sure that the default is to display your GMail Account contacts.
    Yep. Default account is Gmail. I don't have SIM or local contacts. For example: I just opened a contact, looked @ the "links" and there's two Gmail accounts and one Whatsapp account. I open another contact and there are three linked from Google. And this is after I link them together. Imagine if I didn't, my contacts would have duplicates and more.
    06-18-17 04:07 AM
    I only use the one Gmail account for email and I've signed into Google but don't know how to swap them. I need to delete my contacts and start again basically.
    06-18-17 05:11 AM
    How can I export contacts to SIM on KEYone? I didn't have a problem doing this on my PRIV, but I don't seem to have the option on my KEYone :/
    06-18-17 07:01 AM
    Very unlikely that BlackBerry is creating the problem all by themselves.
    I have only been going from blackberries to Blackberries, following Blackberry's porting/upload/download instructions, over many years.
    06-18-17 03:46 PM
    Blackberry and Duplicates are common bedfellows. Its a real pain and BB seem unable to deal with it.

I was really hoping that the KEYone with the BB built in software (you can't delete the contacts app) would resolve these issues, but no.
    06-18-17 06:04 PM
    Blackberry and Duplicates are common bedfellows. Its a real pain and BB seem unable to deal with it.

I was really hoping that the KEYone with the BB built in software (you can't delete the contacts app) would resolve these issues, but no.
    Had a similar problem, but I don't think it's all BB's fault. It is a challenge synchronizing all the different apps that have their own contacts. I found the join function worked very quickly to fix my issues with the duplicates.
    06-18-17 08:26 PM