Aside from the screen brightness issue (too bright), I notice there is constant static sound when screen is on. It can only be heard when putting the ear next to the ear-speaker or back of the phone (near the camera side).

Does anyone have the same issue? Is this normal?
    Last edited by lemonyf; 08-14-17 at 01:03 AM. Reason: New findings
    08-13-17 08:32 PM
    I agree about the screen too bright even at the lowest setting, but I do not experience the static you are referring to. I did have an issue with static, but that was while sound was on, even at low volumes... it ended up being an equalizer app I had running. the sound is so quite, even at the highest levels, that I used the EQ to boost the sound. Well it continued to run and was trying to boost all the audio. Ugh, I am not accustomed to Android, but what choice do I have?
    08-13-17 09:16 PM
    UPDATE:
    After several experimental tweaking on the settings,, I found that the static noise appeared when the brightness level is set to the lowest.
    After I increased the brightness by a little, the noise is now gone.

I hope all these can be resolved via software update.
    Geezz!!!
    anon(3641385) and FF22 like this.
    08-14-17 01:03 AM
    UPDATE:
    After several experimental tweaking on the settings,, I found that the static noise appeared when the brightness level is set to the lowest.

Geezz!!!
    Interestingly discovery. This might explain why I hear electrical interference coming from my sleeping BlackBerry KEYone while I am using my notebook computer. The sound is intermittent.
    08-14-17 08:42 AM
    UPDATE:
    After several experimental tweaking on the settings, I found that the static noise appeared when the brightness level is set to the lowest.

Geezz!!!
    I just bought blackberry KeyOne from Amazon through a friend and after installing the update AAO472, I experienced the exact same thing. The static noise occurs if the brightness level is set to the lowest and it will be gone if I turn off the screen or if I increase the brightness level a bit. However, even the small increase in the brightness level is still too bright for me (and I am afraid it would cause pain to my eyes if I use it very long). Do you know how to resolve this problem? Is this a hardware defect? For the high brightness level of the screen, there may be some android apps that can lower the level. Nevertheless, the battery power being consumed for such high brightness level would still be massive.

If this is a hardware defect, claiming the warranty is a problem for me as I am in Indonesia and KeyOne is not officially sold here (and therefore there is no official service center around here that I can reach out).

I am really interested to know how you resolve this problem.
    09-29-17 08:19 AM
    I just bought blackberry KeyOne from Amazon through a friend and after installing the update AAO472, I experienced the exact same thing. The static noise occurs if the brightness level is set to the lowest and it will be gone if I turn off the screen or if I increase the brightness level a bit. However, even the small increase in the brightness level is still too bright for me (and I am afraid it would cause pain to my eyes if I use it very long). Do you know how to resolve this problem? Is this a hardware defect? For the high brightness level of the screen, there may be some android apps that can lower the level. Nevertheless, the battery power being consumed for such high brightness level would still be massive.

If this is a hardware defect, claiming the warranty is a problem for me as I am in Indonesia and KeyOne is not officially sold here (and therefore there is no official service center around here that I can reach out).

I am really interested to know how you resolve this problem.
    Actually I didn't do anything aside from factory reset a few times.
    I almost send my phone for warranty claim, just prior to that,I took the last shot to factory reset. Miraculously, the problem just disappeared after the last shot.
    I'd lost count how many times i reset in total. Probably 5-6 times throughout the period of 3++ weeks.
    Now it's working extremely well without any hiccup whatsoever.
    09-29-17 01:57 PM