Not a bit games user but do like to assist my daughter's Pokemon Go wishes by using when out and about. I constantly get lag (which makes it impossible to play sometimes) and occasional crashes. In general the only other app I'm using at the same time is PocketCasts (to play downloaded files only).

Is this just me or do I have to accept that there is not enough RAM/Processer/something else in the Keyone to do this sort of thing?

Is Pokemon Go really memory hungry compared to other apps?
    Muaya likes this.
    06-30-17 08:15 AM
    people still play that game?
    anon(9803818) and yessuz like this.
    06-30-17 08:39 AM
    I would consider the lag and crashing when running this game to be a good thing.

Wouldn't surprise me if they built this functionality into the device as a unique selling point .
    06-30-17 08:44 AM
    I would consider the lag and crashing when running this game to be a good thing.

Wouldn't surprise me if they built this functionality into the device as a unique selling point .
    Sarcasm or what?
    06-30-17 09:21 AM
    It's a bad app on a top of the line phone, let alone some midrange device like the KEYone.
    06-30-17 09:25 AM
    As said above I've tried to run this on better spec'd Android phones for my kids and it still somewhat struggles. I won't load it on my KEYone because there is no way it could handle it.
    06-30-17 09:52 AM
    Mine lags a bit upon loading, but the rest is and manageable.
    I did disable Hub and did the .5x animation thing , if that makes a difference.
    Lag is noticeable compared to S7 edge and iphone 7+ when loading the game.
    06-30-17 10:14 AM
    I remember playing this on my PRIV. Battery would die in about an hour and it would overheat like crazy. It just isn't a well optimized app.
    06-30-17 10:24 AM
    I have noticed that it runs much better if I turn off Data Saver. Until I figured that out, it would lag horribly and Pokemon would appear and disappear before I could click on them. I don't play it for very long at a time, but I've had no problems playing with my son while using my KEYone as a hotspot for him to connect to my data.
    Bee Gee likes this.
    06-30-17 10:45 AM
    Seriously, people still play that?!
    06-30-17 10:53 AM
    Ditto on what everyone else said. It is not a particularly well optimized app. My kids and I grew bored with it in July of last year, but I do have a number of coworkers that still consistently play it. I suppose because my work place is a Poké Stop and Gym.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 03:25 PM
    Yeah, I'll mirror everyone's sentiment. it's a combination of the KO being underpowered, and Pokémon Go just being a terrible app.
    06-30-17 03:29 PM
    I had a similar issue but worked around it by forcing the game to run at a lower resolution via Power Centre. The settings shown in the screenshot work perfectly for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Constant lag / crash running Pokemon Go-18223.jpg  
    06-30-17 04:54 PM
    I'm sure everyone knows, it's never going to be a gaming device or even a media one. Any app that requires high processing will make the experience laggy.

But in my case, using Android for Work (when work profile is active), the phone does slow down considerably. For me, that's a killer because my work demands me to use AFW during work times. Unfortunately, it's not that good of an experience.
    06-30-17 06:26 PM
    Mine lags a bit upon loading, but the rest is and manageable.
    I did disable Hub and did the .5x animation thing , if that makes a difference.
    Lag is noticeable compared to S7 edge and iphone 7+ when loading the game.
    If you are willing to disable the hub meant for productivity to play Pokémon go then you probably should have bought a Samsung Galaxy or something like that.
    06-30-17 06:58 PM
    If you are willing to disable the hub meant for productivity to play Pokémon go then you probably should have bought a Samsung Galaxy or something like that.
    I did not disable it to play Pokémon go. I disabled it because it sucks, laggy, buggy and no where as fluid/complete as the BB10 version. When it gets anywhere as good as the BB10 version I'll enable it. I did this to the PRIV as well.
    I do have other products/devices as I stated but miss the physical blackberry keyboard.
    The blackberry hub has been disabled by a lot of people on this forum for this reason.
    Muaya likes this.
    06-30-17 07:25 PM
    Not having an issue with it although my expectation was coming from playing on my PP SE (until it would no longer load). K1 is much better and I find it playable. I did not get the phone for games but it does a decent job for me.
    06-30-17 07:29 PM
    It has worked lag free for me. Still takes forever to load but that's how it was on my S6 and iPhone 6.
    06-30-17 07:41 PM
    I did not disable it to play Pokémon go. I disabled it because it sucks, laggy, buggy and no where as fluid/complete as the BB10 version. When it gets anywhere as good as the BB10 version I'll enable it. I did this to the PRIV as well.
    I do have other products/devices as I stated but miss the physical blackberry keyboard.
    The blackberry hub has been disabled by a lot of people on this forum for this reason.
    Yet many people have zero issues with the hub which makes me think it might be something else or other rogue apps or just needing a fresh OS install. I see that as the go to answer for a lot of people when someone has a question. I myself and I believe many others have not had any issues with the hub as far as lag, freezing, etc. I don't believe it is the common denominator as I also didn't have issues with it on the PRIV either.
    06-30-17 07:50 PM
    The Galaxy could run both of them at the same time.
    06-30-17 08:19 PM
    Yet many people have zero issues with the hub which makes me think it might be something else or other rogue apps or just needing a fresh OS install. I see that as the go to answer for a lot of people when someone has a question. I myself and I believe many others have not had any issues with the hub as far as lag, freezing, etc. I don't believe it is the common denominator as I also didn't have issues with it on the PRIV either.
    Some people had issues , some did not. There are plenty of HUB threads in both priv and keyone sub-forums about it.

Sorry OP for being off topic.
    06-30-17 08:39 PM
    i have pokemon go, kingdom Hearts union cross, the Hub, and crackberry opened simultaneously. And it still performs pretty well
    07-03-17 02:33 PM
    Ok after opening keyboard browser additionally all the apps did reset xD
    07-03-17 02:38 PM
    I had a similar issue but worked around it by forcing the game to run at a lower resolution via Power Centre. The settings shown in the screenshot work perfectly for me.
    this!

any improvement?
    07-03-17 03:50 PM
    I haven't had any issues with Pokémon Go other than the occasional lag. But it occasionally lags on my iPhone too. it's just the nature of a resource intensive app.
    07-03-17 05:20 PM
32 12