I have right now a blackberry priv. I am thinking of getting a New phone because of the poor battery life and constant heating of my priv.

What is really important for me is a good battery life. I Do Lots of mutlitasking and have often several apps open. How does the keyone compare to the priv? Because the priv is sometimes just slow. Even while typing with the keyboard like now the priv is lagging with writing the Letters here.

Is the keyone over a longer time starting to get slower? (After installing some apps and months of usage)

I am thinking of two options right now:

1. get the s8 and the keyboard case.
    + better camera (weich i would like)
    + wireless charging (huge fan of it)
    - Bad keyboard even with the case

2. get the keyone
    + better keyboard
    - worse camera than the s8
    - blackberry ****ed me over once with no Nougat for the priv
    + better? Battery than the priv/s8
    -no wireless charging

The price of the s8 and the keyone are about the same here and the indian 4GB keyone would be even mode expensive than the s8 (is it Worth it?)

So any advices? Battery and Multitasking (switching between many apps) is probably the most important Thing for me.
    Last edited by wfm69685; 10-09-17 at 08:28 AM.
    10-09-17 06:31 AM
    well it depends at the end of the day , what you reallly want to accomplish , and how efficiently , note that the keyone is strictly for getting s*** done period , and there's no bloatware, and you can't root it etc , so for me it's the keyone , I had the note 7 and honestly I was glad that it had the battery issue ,because I was frustrated with all the bloatware anyhow my 2 cents cheers
    10-09-17 06:43 AM
    I tried the S8 plus with Keyboard case. The typing was terrible. Battery life isn't good. On other fronts, the S8 is a much faster phone, better processor, etc. Battery life on Keyone is phenomenal.
    10-09-17 07:20 AM
    How about multitasking? Is the keyone slowing down?
    10-09-17 08:30 AM
    I once used the Priv and I loved that phone but when I got my KEYone I was just blown away by it it does not heat the keyboard is far better and the battery is perfect.

The S8 is a good phone but it's not for productivity but that all depends on your use of a phone.

If you want a KEYone I would be one to recommend it to you
    10-09-17 09:19 AM
    i dont understand the point of these threads trying to get strangers to make a decision for you. Just try them both and get what works for you, you can always return waht you dont want.
    RoseBud68 and FF22 like this.
    10-09-17 09:42 AM
    I have right now a blackberry priv. I am thinking of getting a New phone because of the poor battery life and constant heating of my priv.

What is really important for me is a good battery life. I Do Lots of mutlitasking and have often several apps open. How does the keyone compare to the priv? Because the priv is sometimes just slow. Even while typing with the keyboard like now the priv is lagging with writing the Letters here.

Is the keyone over a longer time starting to get slower? (After installing some apps and months of usage)

I am thinking of two options right now:

1. get the s8 and the keyboard case.
    + better camera (weich i would like)
    + wireless charging (huge fan of it)
    - Bad keyboard even with the case

2. get the keyone
    + better keyboard
    - worse camera than the s8
    - blackberry ****ed me over once with no Nougat for the priv
    + better? Battery than the priv/s8
    -no wireless charging

The price of the s8 and the keyone are about the same here and the indian 4GB keyone would be even mode expensive than the s8 (is it Worth it?)

So any advices? Battery and Multitasking (switching between many apps) is probably the most important Thing for me.
    The KEYone is far superior than the PRIV. And to be fair, BlackBerry did not **** you over with not getting nougat. It already received one major update from lollipop to marshmallow.
    10-09-17 09:59 AM
    i dont understand the point of these threads trying to get strangers to make a decision for you. Just try them both and get what works for you, you can always return waht you dont want.
    People always like a second opinion so why not ask people's opinions
    10-09-17 09:28 PM
    I was in same boat and always care about battery life more than anything, and priv was the WORST. get the k1. battery is that good. SOT 8-10 hrs, and I just got 8 hrs today while playing a two hr movie with location services on. can't tell you how good it feels using this phone - and battery.
    10-10-17 06:30 PM