Using ASUS File Manager on my Blackberry Android Phone I can not get the ASUS File Manager to connect on my network to the iMac.

Under the Network Storage Tab on File Maker on the Keyone my iMac is visible at IP .127 so the Keyone File Manager see's it.

File Manager asks for username and password to connect to server.

The File Manager will not accept the iMac user name and password.

Any comments or ideas?

File Manager Keyone connects to my MyCloud drive with out issue.

Thanks
    12-07-17 09:15 PM
    I've tried the ASUS File Manager but prefer this: File Manager.

It has an ftp server. Does your Apple file browser support the ftp protocol? I've never needed a password for either file manager.

The "Access From...(PC)" button is at lower right:

Connecting Blackberry Keyone to iMac via Network using ASUS File Manager-1512743811681.jpg

Leave defaults alone and "Start Service":

Connecting Blackberry Keyone to iMac via Network using ASUS File Manager-1512743770733.jpg

I put the ftp url in the address bar of my file browser and go:

Connecting Blackberry Keyone to iMac via Network using ASUS File Manager-1512743709244.jpg

No password is involved. I can assign a "static DHCP" IP address for my phone in the router and make a bookmark for this url. As long as the phone is connected to the LAN wifi and File Manager ftp service is running, the bookmark takes me to the phone file system. My Linux file browsers, konqueror, dolphin..., can split the screen to two different directories, copy/paste, drag/drop, create, delete. I don't think you can do that with the web browser http protocol of ASUS File Manager, which is why I use this File Manager with ftp and suggest that.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-17 08:56 AM
    I've tried the ASUS File Manager but prefer this: File Manager.

It has an ftp server. Does your Apple file browser support the ftp protocol? I've never needed a password for either file manager.

The "Access From...(PC)" button is at lower right:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1512743811681.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	432174

Leave defaults alone and "Start Service":

Name:	1512743770733.jpg 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	432175

I put the ftp url in the address bar of my file browser and go:

Name:	1512743709244.jpg 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	432176

No password is involved. I can assign a "static DHCP" IP address for my phone in the router and make a bookmark for this url. As long as the phone is connected to the LAN wifi and File Manager ftp service is running, the bookmark takes me to the phone file system. My Linux file browsers, konqueror, dolphin..., can split the screen to two different directories, copy/paste, drag/drop, create, delete. I don't think you can do that with the web browser http protocol of ASUS File Manager, which is why I use this File Manager with ftp and suggest that.
    I've probably asked before but a mind like a steel trap (closed) does not store stuff.

Who is the developer?
    12-31-17 05:36 PM
    I've probably asked before but a mind like a steel trap (closed) does not store stuff.

Who is the developer?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...or.filemanager

That's the play store page.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-31-17 05:43 PM
    Thanks. I was looking for the PLUS sign as part of the name.
    12-31-17 05:44 PM
    I guess I need ftp101! (g)

I can see my KeyOne in the browser page. BUT is there a way to copy a file from my computer to the KeyOne using this method? When I tried drag/drop into Firefox and the ftp folder, I was asked to open/save. It saved my computer file back to my computer download folder - not the KeyOne.

And if this is too much for this thread, I fully understand.
    12-31-17 05:53 PM
    I use a file manager on Linux, not a web browser, so other OS are not my bailiwick. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13105534 In that thread, I describe using a file explorer in W10, so something like that ought to do. If you can make a dual-pane view in your file manager, it's easy-peasy.
    12-31-17 06:07 PM