Got ABD796 1.3 GB notice and wondering if advice is to wait or to proceed... I see some troublesome posts on CB which are of concern but surely represent a minimal segment of the KEYᴼᴺᴱ diaspora. Am I skidding for good reason? I depend heavily on my device.
    08-23-18 04:31 AM
    Got ABD796 1.3 GB notice and wondering if advice is to wait or to proceed... I see some troublesome posts on CB which are of concern but surely represent a minimal segment of the KEYᴼᴺᴱ diaspora. Am I skidding for good reason? I depend heavily on my device.
    Only thing keeping my wife from upgrading her Key1 is, Oreo allegedly kills wifi-calling (we're on T-Mo).
    08-23-18 05:36 AM
    thank you for guidance offered, so I bit... no install foibles...so far
    08-23-18 07:33 AM
    Only thing keeping my wife from upgrading her Key1 is, Oreo allegedly kills wifi-calling (we're on T-Mo).

TMo US SE version on Oero and I just made a WiFi call wit no issues.
    The settings are apparently gone from the android settings app, now only accessible by tapping the notification (pretty stupid change imo)
    FF22 likes this.
    08-23-18 09:04 AM
    TMo US SE version on Oero and I just made a WiFi call wit no issues.
    The settings are apparently gone from the android settings app, now only accessible by tapping the notification (pretty stupid change imo)
    Can you get to WFC settings by Phone > three dots > settings > calls?
    08-23-18 09:25 AM
    geeks can't help you. Geek is the dumb version of a nerd
    the3maples and OrlandoAlex like this.
    08-23-18 09:26 AM
    Can you get to WFC settings by Phone > three dots > settings > calls?
    Nope. Gone. Why the hell they decided to make this change is beyond me
    08-23-18 09:36 AM
    Nope. Gone. Why the hell they decided to make this change is beyond me
    So... if the only way you can get to it is through the notification, I assume the notification is always available. Even if turned off?
    08-23-18 09:55 AM
    So... if the only way you can get to it is through the notification, I assume the notification is always available. Even if turned off?
    Yeah they don't let you turn it off!
    It pops up when there's no cellular signal and there's wifi (eg if you go on airplane mode and then turn wifi on)
    08-23-18 11:42 AM
    Wifi calling works, use the app listed in the article or a similar shortcut creator app to point to the settings. http://gstylemag.com/2018/07/14/how-...ackberry-key2/

Article is for key2 but works for the keyone on Oreo
    08-23-18 12:32 PM
    I followed the instructions at the linked blog:

Another option is downloading an app in the Google Play Store called “QuickShortCutMaker”. Once downloaded you will open it up and see the “Applications” tab. Scroll down to the section that says “Phone Services”
    I did all that but did not find Phone Services under Applications. It was under Activities.
    This is on my KEYone BBB100-1 PRD-63116-001, T-Mobile, just updated to Oreo 8.1

Several times I chose to create the shortcut but can't find in anywhere on the Desktop or App drawer, where a search does not turn up Wifi Calling, which is what I renamed the shortcut, nor Phone Services, the original name for the shortcut. A reboot does not help.
    08-23-18 02:55 PM
    Wifi calling works, use the app listed in the article or a similar shortcut creator app to point to the settings. How to get Wi-Fi Calling on BlackBerry KEY2 | G Style Magazine

Article is for key2 but works for the keyone on Oreo
    That method doesn't work for everyone. The options don't even appear as changeable for me on any of my devices (KEYone, Motion or KEY2) with a Rogers or T-Mobile SIM.
    rolfep likes this.
    08-23-18 03:09 PM
    That method doesn't work for everyone. The options don't even appear as changeable for me on any of my devices (KEYone, Motion or KEY2) with a Rogers or T-Mobile SIM.
    That's odd, worked great on t-mobile on my Black Keyone. But I guess your mileage will vary
    08-23-18 03:21 PM

I did all that but did not find Phone Services under Applications. It was under Activities.

Several times I chose to create the shortcut but can't find in anywhere on the Desktop or App drawer, where a search does not turn up Wifi Calling, which is what I renamed the shortcut, nor Phone Services, the original name for the shortcut. A reboot does not help.
    Are you using another launcher or the blackberry one?
    08-23-18 03:22 PM
    Blackberry launcher.
    08-23-18 03:26 PM

I got this to work! Don't open the app, instead tap and hold on an empty spot on the desktop, select widgets, swipe right to open the shortcuts list. The under "Other", select Activities. (it's the same yellow icon as the app). From there if you select the wifi calling then the shortcut appears on the screen.
    I opened the menu and got it to enable wifi calling.
    rolfep likes this.
    08-23-18 04:14 PM
    Yep they haven't been enableable(not a word) since the original ABAxxx releases for Key2 on T-mo USA.
    08-23-18 04:33 PM
    Yep they haven't been enableable(not a word) since the original ABAxxx releases for Key2 on T-mo USA.
    Thanks for confirming. I knew they took it out at some point, just wasn't sure which builds.
    08-23-18 04:35 PM
    Thanks for confirming. I knew they took it out at some point, just wasn't sure which builds.
    NP praying for its return. It was a little buggy for me even on the OG build where it actually enabled properly.
    08-23-18 04:37 PM
    I got this to work! Don't open the app, instead tap and hold on an empty spot on the desktop, select widgets, swipe right to open the shortcuts list. The under "Other", select Activities. (it's the same yellow icon as the app). From there if you select the wifi calling then the shortcut appears on the screen.
    That road got the shortcut for Wifi Calling on the home screen for me, too. Thanks!
    pooyam and coffee-turtle like this.
    08-23-18 05:03 PM
    Didn't work for me...there is no " activities" icon under "other". What am I missing?
    09-12-18 07:09 AM
    Get an app called QuickShortCutMaker. After install choose Phone Services. Choose Wifi-Calling, then tap Try and your menu appears. I set mine for Wifi-Preferred and the menu now seems to stay.
    09-12-18 09:00 AM