I am a BlackBerry guy from way back and have been using iPhones / iOS for the last few years so a bit rusty on some of the BlackBerry (and now Android) features.

A bit frustrated on the notification lights. Like the idea, but hassle if I cannot clearly identify what they are for (blinking / colors / etc) and more importantly how to configure them to do what I want them to do (for text msgs, email, messenger, etc) notifications.

All I could find to date is that the notification lights are tied only to the BlackBerry Hub? Say it a'int so!!??!!

Any help and assistance is much appreciated. Thank you.

Luvin being back with BlackBerry and certainly luvin my new KEYone.
    06-06-17 08:03 PM
    Typically you have to go into each app settings to change the notification LED color assuming the app supports it. The hub itself will only change LED color for email accounts. All the rest are done within each separate app. Even BBM for example, you go into the BBM app settings to change the color.
    06-06-17 08:09 PM
    I am a BlackBerry guy from way back and have been using iPhones / iOS for the last few years so a bit rusty on some of the BlackBerry (and now Android) features.

A bit frustrated on the notification lights. Like the idea, but hassle if I cannot clearly identify what they are for (blinking / colors / etc) and more importantly how to configure them to do what I want them to do (for text msgs, email, messenger, etc) notifications.

All I could find to date is that the notification lights are tied only to the BlackBerry Hub? Say it a'int so!!??!!

Any help and assistance is much appreciated. Thank you.

Luvin being back with BlackBerry and certainly luvin my new KEYone.
    OK, I have been fighting this same problem for almost a week. Here is what I have learned (about Android, as this appears to be a platform thing)

Notifications (vibrate, sound and LED) are set on a per app basis. Some apps (like Hub) have more configuration options, and others (like the Android system) have less. In order to get Do Not Disturb modes working properly, the Apps have to be well behaved.

The notifications of Android 7.1 are actually quite nice, as the notifications stack nicely and allow you to respond inline right in the notification. Some of them allow you to change the settings by sliding it left or right and pressing the gear icon if it shows up.

Getting a nice LED experience is proving evasive for me as I don't think the LED notifications stack (i.e. two different colours if two notifications occur). I also have the problem of figuring out which app switched on the red LED. I think your best chance is to go to the notifications when it starts blinking and see which one triggered the LED. Then go into that App to see if it has settings you can change.

If you've changed notification settings through the notification itself, then you can see some of those settings in the Android Settings-->Notifications menus. Choose different drop downs here (i.e. blocked apps etc).

I have found notification settings in the following locations:
    [App]-->Settings (i.e. Hub, Textra, Signal)
    Settings-->Notifications(device)
    Settings-->Accounts-->BlackBerryHub + Account-->Account Settings (not sure if this is the same as the ones accessed through the Hub-->settings itself.

There are apps that let you control the LED (and maybe vibrations) centrally like Light Flow and Light Manager, but I haven't figured out how to configure them properly and not get conflicts with the actual app settings yet.
    MyriadeCoh likes this.
    06-06-17 08:55 PM
    How do you set custom LED colors for specific SMS and BBM contacts? Got the KEYone and need this for work.
    06-06-17 10:31 PM
    How do you set custom LED colors for specific SMS and BBM contacts? Got the KEYone and need this for work.
    SMS you need to go to the hub settings and add specific contacts at the top. BBM I've never actually looked but since the LED is in the BBM app itself you would need to look in the BBM notifications area.
    06-06-17 11:25 PM
    You really can't. The only way to do it for specific contacts, is if the texting app itself allows you to.

I think textra does this, can't remember for sure.
    06-07-17 03:02 AM
    I just tried Light Manager and it does more than just LED. You can also test each set up.

Not all colours work so you have to see which ones of KEYᵒⁿᵉ work.
    06-07-17 03:42 AM
    Lightflow is a good way to see identify which application is currently blinking (active notification menu).

Can help solving the "What the hell is that app that makes my led blinking pink? " problem.
    06-07-17 03:57 AM