Apple doesn't need to contain inventory risk. They just flood everything. They know full well that everything will sell eventually.

TCL, with limited supply and resources, has to manage each individual channel carefully.
    Agreed! It's just business! TCL is a smaller manufacturing/supply chain in comparison with Apple. It's a shame because no other device like the K1 exists to date! Love the device and has amazing battery life!
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-06-17 06:31 PM
    OP I just wanted to note that you and the Amazon CSR were pretty gracious despite a crappy situation.
    I salute you and hope the universe smiles on you.
    06-06-17 06:44 PM
    It's only controversial if it's BS. You know, like what potential customers were fed from TCL?
    K
    06-07-17 04:43 PM
    No. BlackBerry Mobile has two devices for the NA market - a GSM, and a CDMA variant. The latter is the topic of the conversation.

Something caused BlackBerry Mobile to pull the plug on the May 31 launch of the CDMA version at the last minute, and nobody knows why.
    Nah man, some people on here obviously knows why, geez...
    06-07-17 04:45 PM
    I fel like that's what I spend a lot of time here trying to do. :-D

Posted with my trusty Z10
    zing!
    06-07-17 04:55 PM
    Amazon says mine will ship on 6-29, not betting on it.
    06-07-17 07:17 PM
    I've decided to wait until they are actually in stock on Amazon before ordering.
    06-07-17 07:50 PM
    Interesting that gsmarena.com does not show any reference to a CDMA version.
    06-07-17 08:01 PM
    I received an email from Blackberry saying CDMA branded as Verizon will be available at Best Buy soon. No date, just "soon".

Hopefully this means that CDMA phones are real. Now whether or not my unlocked CDMA purchase from Amazon will work on Verizon is another discussion.

Regarding my Amazon order, the system has an expected ship date of July 14th. As a Blackberry faithful, I am still greatly disappointed with this launch.
    06-13-17 06:37 AM
    The launch was definitely disappointing and confusing.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-13-17 06:52 AM
    I received an email from Blackberry saying CDMA branded as Verizon will be available at Best Buy soon. No date, just "soon".

Hopefully this means that CDMA phones are real. Now whether or not my unlocked CDMA purchase from Amazon will work on Verizon is another discussion.

Regarding my Amazon order, the system has an expected ship date of July 14th. As a Blackberry faithful, I am still greatly disappointed with this launch.
    You can order now from Best Buy.
    06-13-17 08:55 AM
    Thanks, Just ordered it from Best Buy. Says it will be delivered June 20th. Let's see who can get a phone to me first.
    06-13-17 09:06 AM
    There is no Verizon branded one. Some have already got them and there are features that Verizon won't enable yet also.
    06-13-17 09:10 AM
    Best Buy just confirmed shipment of my CDMA phone. According to the Best Buy site the phone is a "Verizon" phone. Either way I'm unbiased. When it arrives, I'll post pics of whether or not it's "Branded" withe the Verizon logo.
    06-14-17 12:48 PM
    Best Buy just confirmed shipment of my CDMA phone. According to the Best Buy site the phone is a "Verizon" phone. Either way I'm unbiased. When it arrives, I'll post pics of whether or not it's "Branded" withe the Verizon logo.
    06-14-17 12:48 PM
    It's for Verizon network. It won't be branded Verizon
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-14-17 12:51 PM
    Getting (2) CDMA unlocked non-branded phones from Best Buy tomorrow. They are optimized for Verizon's network without all the bloatware. Other threads have listed capability of advanced calling features and the ability to use it as a Hotspot which is what everyone was worried about.

I'm happy I'm able to get my KEYone only a couple weeks after the GSM release.
    kbz1960 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-14-17 01:00 PM
    My Keyone arrived yesterday and we are bonding well. No Verizon markings on it. So far so good with the phone.
    06-17-17 05:45 AM
    My Keyone arrived yesterday and we are bonding well. No Verizon markings on it. So far so good with the phone.
    If it was actually sold by Verizon it would have at least 2 Verizon logos in front and 3 in back, lol.
    06-17-17 08:30 AM
    If it was actually sold by Verizon it would have at least 2 Verizon logos in front and 3 in back, lol.
    And plenty of bloatware.
    06-17-17 09:38 AM
145 ... 456