Nobody is asking TCL to manufacture 5 million units, all they needed was too match the initial sales of the Priv but it seems to me like there wasn't enough for even the few die hard fans who were waiting for it on launch day. The phone was never shown on the front page of either amazon or bestbuy so for them to run out of stock that quickly on the night of the 30th tells you they under produced. I really doubt the low stock is intentional.
    06-01-17 08:19 AM
    We can debate competence all day, but neither of us have near enough data to support any conclusion.

I've met and spoken with Cistulli and many of his senior staff, and I've followed the parent company TCL since the DTEKs were first announced.

Incompetent is one of the last words that would come to mind.

Overwhelmed by the work required in 5 short months and humbled by big carriers is perhaps more fitting.
    i know that you are a valuable member in this community and even when i think it's important in life to be balanced in judging others let me tell you quite honestly... i feel that because you met them in person, you think you have a better understanding of the situation, and because i haven't, then i don't know what's going on/i don't understand/i have been too harsh with them (in discussing the execution of this launch)... but in my opinion, except that you tell me that you have closely worked with them for the past 5-6 months at the Keyone project, then you know as much as i do, which is only what you have heard from them and what they've chosen to tell you... to me, since i don't have any sympathy for them nor personal attachment in any way, i don't see this execution handled well and in my opinion reaching incompetence... if you need to explain yourself/look for different angles/ask for extra time too often, then there is a high chance that there was a simpler/better way to execute your goal than the way you chose to do it... let's keep in mind that whatever they decided to do and say/what to do/how to do it, was their decision, and it was this chosen strategy that in my humbled opinion could have been better, at many different levels and moments in time...

just my opinion of course...
    06-01-17 08:59 AM
    Site is now saying "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months"
    06-01-17 09:36 AM
    i know that you are a valuable member in this community and even when i think it's important in life to be balanced in judging others let me tell you quite honestly... i feel that because you met them in person, you think you have a better understanding of the situation, and because i haven't, then i don't know what's going on/i don't understand/i have been too harsh with them (in discussing the execution of this launch)... but in my opinion, except that you tell me that you have closely worked with them for the past 5-6 months at the Keyone project, then you know as much as i do, which is only what you have heard from them and what they've chosen to tell you... to me, since i don't have any sympathy for them nor personal attachment in any way, i don't see this execution handled well and in my opinion reaching incompetence... if you need to explain yourself/look for different angles/ask for extra time too often, then there is a high chance that there was a simpler/better way to execute your goal than the way you chose to do it... let's keep in mind that whatever they decided to do and say/what to do/how to do it, was their decision, and it was this chosen strategy that in my humbled opinion could have been better, at many different levels and moments in time...

just my opinion of course...
    I don't disagree about your thoughts with regards to meeting them. I just added that for flavour. It is useful to the extent that they weren't complete buffoons.

TCL wishes they had more product too - guaranteed. That does not automatically imply incompetence though. Neither of us know a tenth of the variables involved, and how many weren't in their control.

Given this however, some people are prepared to make a firm determination on this, where I am not - either positive or negative.
    06-01-17 09:36 AM
    I answered him in another thread.

But since now you're asking, I am getting one, but don't have one yet. I've been really busy and didn't even remember today was the 31st until I saw all of this stuff on here, haha. I also just recently spent some considerable sums of money for other things including a new phone for my mother, so not in a rush to spend more money. I'll get one when I get one, no biggie. My Classic still works fine.
    I'm very surprised to hear you didn't know today was the 31st. As much as I've seen you posting on forums and comments to stories I find that hard to believe. I don't find it TOO surprising that you didn't get the KEYone on launch day, you have been a diehard classic fan through and through.

Would love to see some thoughts on the device when you get it and use as daily driver. I didn't get it either, I guess I couldn't have if I wanted seeing as the CDMA version was never actually available.

I'm waiting for Best Buy to get it, may be waiting for a while.
    06-01-17 09:44 AM
    Given this however, some people are prepared to make a firm determination on this, where I am not - either positive or negative.
    Well, I think that to see the positives in all this ordeal you need to look deep... nothing is perfect, and any launch, including this, is only negative... but the impression I have as a potential customer and "fan" is leaning towards poor, no even average...

Anyway, have a nice day
    06-01-17 09:56 AM
    You must be kidding. So many of their launches involve pre-orders, then selling out in stores an hour after they go on sale. Then everyone has to wait like the rest of us joe schmoes.
    06-01-17 10:05 AM
    Well, I think that to see the positives in all this ordeal you need to look deep... nothing is perfect, and any launch, including this, is only negative... but the impression I have as a potential customer and "fan" is leaning towards poor, no even average...

Anyway, have a nice day
    I'm not saying the launch is good. I'm holding my assessment of whether it was incompetent or not.
    06-01-17 10:20 AM
    I'm not saying the launch is good. I'm holding my assessment of whether it was incompetent or not.
    IT WAS. How hard was it for them to say at least a week or so before launch, "GSM version available on May 31 in very limited quantities via Amazon, BestBuy.com and select Best Buy stores. CDMA version expected to be available in ____."
    bluesqueen23 and brunibruni like this.
    06-01-17 11:22 AM
    Hey conite,

You need to order one! keyone is awesome!
    06-01-17 11:49 AM
    Hey conite,

You need to order one! keyone is awesome!
    I have one coming!
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-01-17 12:38 PM
    IT WAS. How hard was it for them to say at least a week or so before launch, "GSM version available on May 31 in very limited quantities via Amazon, BestBuy.com and select Best Buy stores. CDMA version expected to be available in ____."
    Again, I don't have all the information.

For all I know, Verizon contacted them two days ago and insisted on exclusivity for the CDMA version.
    06-01-17 12:40 PM
    It's Clear they said the CDMA version would be available on May 31st and it wasn't they Lied. And don't care enough to explain it to the customers, they just say wait and get over it. I preordered the CDMA Version on May 30th and it didn't ship not they say a 1 -2 month wait gave me a date of June 20 - July 7. TERRIBLE!!!
    bluesqueen23 and brunibruni like this.
    06-01-17 02:40 PM
    This is why people run to Apple and the iPhone. Even though an inferior OS (in my opinion) at least apple knows how to get product into its customers hands!! In my opinion TLC lied to loyal BlackBerry fans from day one. They had know clue how to meeting their self imposed deadlines. BlackBerry mobile or what ever is sure to die!!
    To the best of my memory Apple always is backordered weeks within an hour of orders opening and fora are full of bellyaching about it. Every. Damn. Time. And this happens to a company that is a wizard at supply chain.

Forecasting is difficult for everyone and every extra day product sits in inventory is poison. I am not surprised TCL played it safe, particularly for a brand that hasn't demonstrated growth for some years. Why shouldn't they? The customer base for this phone is largely captive to its unique features and will rage and stomp and then buy anyway when it is available. It's not personal.
    06-01-17 02:41 PM
    I'm very surprised to hear you didn't know today was the 31st. As much as I've seen you posting on forums and comments to stories I find that hard to believe. I don't find it TOO surprising that you didn't get the KEYone on launch day, you have been a diehard classic fan through and through.

Would love to see some thoughts on the device when you get it and use as daily driver. I didn't get it either, I guess I couldn't have if I wanted seeing as the CDMA version was never actually available.

I'm waiting for Best Buy to get it, may be waiting for a while.
    I've been anxiously waiting for it, but then in the last week or so a bunch of stuff has happened in my life. Not bad stuff, don't worry, but changes none-the-less and some of those things involved some money expenditures... I'll get it soon though most likely...
    tnewton3 likes this.
    06-01-17 05:02 PM
    I'm very surprised to hear you didn't know today was the 31st. As much as I've seen you posting on forums and comments to stories I find that hard to believe.
    Even if you didn't know the numerical date was the 31st, with that post history you know that the phone launches in the US. Everyone who posts here knows that much.
    06-01-17 09:39 PM
    Even if you didn't know the numerical date was the 31st, with that post history you know that the phone launches in the US. Everyone who posts here knows that much.
    That date is wrong. BlackBerry Mobile's calendar shows May 32nd so that probably explains the mix up lol.
    06-01-17 11:45 PM
    Again, I don't have all the information.

For all I know, Verizon contacted them two days ago and insisted on exclusivity for the CDMA version.
    Since it's showing a ship date of June 20-July 7 from Amazon then it's doubtful Verizon had anything to do with some exclusivity deal as those devices shipping then (if they actually do) won't be Verizon devices but rather unlocked devices.
    06-02-17 01:27 PM
    I suspect the CDMA available announcement was a mistake by TCL or its partners in the US.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-02-17 02:13 PM
    Amazon was expecting the CDMA variant on may 31 but TCL never delivered. Here is an email I received after trying to contact higher ups at Amazon.

Hi,

I'm Elizabeth King of Amazon.com's Executive Customer Relations team.

I'm sorry for the delay in receiving BlackBerry Keyone CDMA Smartphone. I've reached out to our vendor managers and they've let me know we expected to receive inventory of this phone on May 31st, but they weren't received. We're working with our supplier to secure inventory, but as of now haven't been provided with a new arrival dates.

Your order will be updated as soon as we receive this information. I'm sorry I don't have any additional details to provide you.

We look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks for choosing Amazon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
    Elizabeth M King
    Executive Customer Relations
    06-02-17 02:25 PM
    I did once I came on the forums like I usually do, lol. I've said this. I don't get how everything is so controversial to you folks...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-02-17 02:29 PM
    That date is wrong. BlackBerry Mobile's calendar shows May 32nd so that probably explains the mix up lol.
    Hey the BB calendar is not THAT bad... ok, it kind of is, lol. 😂

06-02-17 02:31 PM
    I did once I came on the forums like I usually do, lol. I've said this. I don't get how everything is so controversial to you folks...

It's only controversial if it's BS. You know, like what potential customers were fed from TCL?
    06-02-17 03:18 PM
    It's only controversial if it's BS. You know, like what potential customers were fed from TCL?
    Reminds me of this
    06-04-17 07:34 PM
    There is nothing in that conversation that supports the thread's title premise that there were never any CDMA phones there. The rep says that there currently aren't any. Current is not 'never'. Even if there were phones in stock before you started your order that doesn't mean other users couldn't have completed their payment transactions before yours. That also doesn't mean never.

That the CDMA page temporary disappear.. . it really didn't. It got screwed up during part of the day where referred to GSM phones but really had the same product ID number as it has now. So that had not relevancy on never. In fact from the early afternoon from when you intiallaly posted this till later the CDMA phone climb from 9 to 2 then sagged a bit to #3 in unlocked phone sales. Amazon clocked alot more orders after your reported 'disappearance'.

if you missed out Amazon will automatically go to the supplier and request more. (this is what the rep covers). That also doesn't cover anything about before you payment transaction completed.

At least "almost nobody" go a CDMA phone shipped today. yes. Nobody did? You need alot more proof. That quoted conversation doesn't have any,
    If you can find evidence of ANY who currently possesses a CDMA KeyOne from Amazon, I will legit give you $10.
    06-05-17 01:17 AM
145 ... 23456