Nope, not yet. This really feels like my experience when I ordered the Pixel XL. It was within an hour of the offical launch (October 4th IIRC) and I didn't get the XL in my hand until November 10th. SMH!
    Shhh. That doesn't fit the narrative here. Stock outs are impossible.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-31-17 02:19 PM
    Shhh. That doesn't fit the narrative here. Stock outs are impossible.
    You do realize that the Pixel had a massive marketing campaign prior to launch. This, according to many on here is a niche device and only known by a minority on CB forums. Not even close to the same type of comparison.
    05-31-17 02:23 PM
    You do realize that the Pixel had a massive marketing campaign prior to launch. This, according to many on here is a niche device and only known by a minority on CB forums. Not even close to the same type of comparison.
    It's all relative. BlackBerry Mobile isn't Google either.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-31-17 02:24 PM
    Agreed they aren't. But Google also didn't tweet that the device would be available in a CDMA variant on launch day as well as Amazon.ca in Canada which clearly both were misinformation that they surely knew about since the CDMA thing was stated yesterday. So to continue to avoid actually stating that mistakes were made with this launch is just ridiculous.
    05-31-17 02:26 PM
    Agreed they aren't. But Google also didn't tweet that the device would be available in a CDMA variant on launch day as well as Amazon.ca in Canada which clearly both were misinformation that they surely knew about since the CDMA thing was stated yesterday. So to continue to avoid actually stating that mistakes were made with this launch is just ridiculous.
    I fear that Verizon someone screwed everything up over the last couple of days by somehow getting their claws into something.

The Canadian carriers probably stuck their finger in it too.

The joys of being a small player.
    05-31-17 02:29 PM
    I fear that Verizon someone screwed everything up over the last couple of days by somehow getting their claws into something.

The Canadian carriers probably stuck their finger in it too.

The joys of being a small player.
    What? Now it's Verizon's fault? Is it really that difficult to admit the launch was poorly executed that now 3rd parties who had nothing to do with it are to blame? Lol
    05-31-17 02:32 PM
    What? Now it's Verizon's fault? Is it really that difficult to admit the launch was poorly executed that now 3rd parties who had nothing to do with it are to blame? Lol
    It's more likely than TCL suddenly deciding they don't feel like making or selling devices.
    05-31-17 02:33 PM
    It's more likely than TCL suddenly deciding they don't feel like making or selling devices.
    It's pretty clear they didn't make many devices. Even the GSM variant after stating their delay was to avoid this situation. I didn't say they purposely did anything. I'm saying the whole process was poorly executed.
    05-31-17 02:35 PM
    It's pretty clear they didn't make many devices. Even the GSM variant after stating their delay was to avoid this situation. I didn't say they purposely did anything. I'm saying the whole process was poorly executed.
    I agree that they clearly didn't meet demand. TCL would be even more disappointed about that than us.

But it's hard to conclude as to why without first knowing a lot more about actual sales numbers per channel.
    05-31-17 02:38 PM
    This is why people run to Apple and the iPhone. Even though an inferior OS (in my opinion) at least apple knows how to get product into its customers hands!! In my opinion TLC lied to loyal BlackBerry fans from day one. They had know clue how to meeting their self imposed deadlines. BlackBerry mobile or what ever is sure to die!!
    05-31-17 02:46 PM
    I don't remember Google delaying the Pixel and stating that the delay was because they wanted to make sure there were no stock outs of the product. Come on! You can't possibly defend this **** poor launch. Its been a complete screw up since the day TCL took to twitter and delayed the launch of this device.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-31-17 02:49 PM
    Steve Cistulli‏ @steveCistulli Mar 31

Production is underway, but we want to be certain we can meet our customer demands and avoid disappointing stock-outs

Therefore the U.S. and Canadian KEYone launches will be in May
    Blackberry Mobile takes a page out of BlackBerry's PlayBook literally. I am glad I pre-ordered mine through my wireless carrier and picked it up today.
    This is why people run to Apple and the iPhone. Even though an inferior OS (in my opinion) at least apple knows how to get product into its customers hands!! In my opinion TLC lied to loyal BlackBerry fans from day one. They had know clue how to meeting their self imposed deadlines. BlackBerry mobile or what ever is sure to die!!
    Apple sells tens of millions of devices in the first week. It's easy for them to flood every channel with that level of inventory.
    I don't remember Google delaying the Pixel and stating that the delay was because they wanted to make sure there were no stock outs of the product. Come on! You can't possibly defend this **** poor launch. Its been a complete screw up since the day TCL took to twitter and delayed the launch of this device.
    Yes. They delayed a month, and apparently still don't have sufficient product to meet demand.

Without knowing the actual numbers, I don't have enough information to even make a comment on that.
    05-31-17 02:53 PM
    Apple sells tens of millions of devices in the first week. It's easy for them to flood every channel with that level of inventory.
    Lol yes its logistically easy to flood thousands of channels with millions of devices. Much easier then supplying in the tens (maybe even hundreds) of thousands to Best Buy and Amazon for online orders.
    nogutsnoglory likes this.
    05-31-17 02:53 PM
    Lol yes its logistically easy to flood thousands of channels with millions of devices. Much easier then supplying in the tens (maybe even hundreds) of thousands to Best Buy and Amazon for online orders.
    Apple doesn't need to contain inventory risk. They just flood everything. They know full well that everything will sell eventually.

TCL, with limited supply and resources, has to manage each individual channel carefully.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    05-31-17 02:55 PM
    I understand the difference between Apple and BlackBerry/TCL, but it seems quite apparent that TLC was not truthful when it said the CDMA variant would be available in May. I don't buy it. Lame! And a loss of good will in my opinion. They knew they couldn't meet their forecast and just strung price along. If only the iPhone keyboard was as good as BlackBerry's and had a led notification light.
    05-31-17 02:57 PM
    Yes. They delayed a month, and apparently still don't have sufficient product to meet demand.

Without knowing the actual numbers, I don't have enough information to even make a comment on that.
    I understand, but if you look at the thread of people who purchased the phone early (who were most likely the only people who purchased it early), there were barely any who were able to purchase it before the shipping defaulted to TCL. It doesn't take rocket science to see that CrackBerry members were the only ones who purchased early and that TCL wasn't ready to release this phone and never intended to not have stock outs due to extremely low supply.
    05-31-17 02:58 PM
    I understand, but if you look at the thread of people who purchased the phone early (who were most likely the only people who purchased it early), there were barely any who were able to purchase it before the shipping defaulted to TCL. It doesn't take rocket science to see that CrackBerry members were the only ones who purchased early and that TCL wasn't ready to release this phone and never intended to not have stock outs due to extremely low supply.
    They clearly wanted to do what they can to meet their supposed release dates (April which they launched a few devices on April 27 at one store in the UK I believe). Then May which again amounted to a few devices on May 31st. Now they can have people in here say, "see they said May and it came in May". At this rate, it looks like they supplied CBK with more devices for his meetups then they did to Amazon and Best Buy. Maybe they should have focused on their production and distribution over the last month (when they initially delayed) rather then focusing on jet setting Kevin all over the place for parties haha.
    gigatigga likes this.
    05-31-17 03:05 PM
    rather then focusing on jet setting Kevin all over the place for parties haha.
    Speak for yourself! Two open bars in two weeks for me!
    05-31-17 03:06 PM
    And I thought the Google Pixel launch was bad. I ordered my K1 (CDMA) early evening with 1-day delivery. Now, I have no idea when the device will even ship. I called Amazon customer support and I was given 6/30 - 7/14 delivery dates. Wow!
    Pathetic!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 03:11 PM
    Apple doesn't need to contain inventory risk. They just flood everything. They know full well that everything will sell eventually.

TCL, with limited supply and resources, has to manage each individual channel carefully.
    But remember they used our pre-registration email addresses to calculate demand. That was admitted by TCL so your story line once again doesn't add up.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 03:12 PM
    But remember they used our pre-registration email addresses to calculate demand. That was admitted by TCL so your story line once again doesn't add up.

Posted via CB10
    Too many open bars for him .
    05-31-17 03:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    That still doesn't say anything.

They don't know what channel you want to purchase through - just that you are generally interested.

How many units were sent to Canadian carriers? How many to the UK and Germany? How many are still in reserve to replenish some channels?
    05-31-17 03:14 PM
    That still doesn't say anything.

They don't know what channel you want to purchase through - just that you are generally interested.
    What? They had 2 channel options and neither of them are sufficiently supplied.

Edit: I quoted you before you were done. It doesn't matter how many were in Canada and UK. They can distinguish sign up based on region and they did not supply the US with enough clearly.
    05-31-17 03:15 PM
145 1234 ...