Got tired of waiting so I reached out to Amazon. This is the chat I had with their rep:

You are now connected to Ann Mary from Amazon.com
    Ann Mary: Hello, my name is Ann Mary. I'm here to help you today.
    Me: Hello. I have a question about order# 112-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx. I understand that a launch of a new product can be messy. I was curious as to whether Amazon actually had this product in stock when I placed my order. I also noticed that the product page for the version that I ordered is no longer listed on your site. So I am worried that you may not actually be shipping the item I ordered.
    Ann Mary: I am sorry to hear the trouble you had with your order.
    I have checked and see that the item is currently unavailable in our fulfillment center.
    I am sorry for this.
    Me: So, Amazon actually didn't have any stock when I placed my order?
    Ann Mary: Sometimes, unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. Though the item is out of stock, we do list the item and receive the order.
    Once we receive the order we will immediately contact the supplier to obtain the item.
    Sometimes as the case like yours shipped to failed to obtain the item.
    Me: Is there an expected time that the order will be shipped? ie, 1 to 2 days, weeks?
    Ann Mary: I have checked and see that te item will back in stock within 4 weeks.
    Once we receive the item, we will ship your order as soon as possible.
    Me: Thank you. Have a nice day!
    Ann Mary: I am really sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Me: Its not your fault. It seems the manufacturer was unable to meet their commitments. Thanks again.
    Ann Mary: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    Me: No that was all. Thank you very much.
    Ann Mary: You're most welcome.
    Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon! Have a great day!
    Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window.

CDMA users got screwed.
    heading4tomorrow and EricYCH like this.
    05-31-17 12:11 PM
    Steve Cistulli‏ @steveCistulli Mar 31

Production is underway, but we want to be certain we can meet our customer demands and avoid disappointing stock-outs

Therefore the U.S. and Canadian KEYone launches will be in May
    krzyabn and gigatigga like this.
    05-31-17 12:17 PM
    4 weeks.....
    05-31-17 12:17 PM
    Pathetic. Honestly, TCL and BlackBerry are a perfect marriage. They bring together a perfect union of incompetence. It should be celebrated.
    05-31-17 12:19 PM
    Pathetic. Honestly, TCL and BlackBerry are a perfect marriage. They bring together a perfect union of incompetence. It should be celebrated.
    Lol. It's strangely quiet today for the people who were defending this 5 month ordeal just a couple weeks back. Maybe they are busy with their new KEYone devices assuming they ordered in the 10 minute window it was available.
    05-31-17 12:26 PM
    Outrageous? Yes.

Surprising? Absolutely not.
    05-31-17 12:28 PM
    It's nice that you confirmed the situation. This is a pretty big mess up, especially after the press release said May 31 availability for both GSM and CDMA. It should have said clearly that GSM was the only one available.

I happened to be online at about 8:30 PM EST last night. I "successfully" placed an order for the CDMA version on Amazon before the page was modified to show GSM only. I have since cancelled that order, as I went in store to get a GSM version from Best Buy instead. Of course, the original Amazon order never moved, but just showed the pending delivery dates message that others have seen.
    05-31-17 12:31 PM
    Yep, another rep is telling me the same thing.
    Attached Thumbnails CONFIRMED: Amazon never had CDMA-amazon.png  
    05-31-17 12:51 PM
    And I thought the Google Pixel launch was bad. I ordered my K1 (CDMA) early evening with 1-day delivery. Now, I have no idea when the device will even ship. I called Amazon customer support and I was given 6/30 - 7/14 delivery dates. Wow!
    05-31-17 01:33 PM
    Wow i would be soo pissed.. feel bad for you guys unbelievable
    simplr likes this.
    05-31-17 01:35 PM
    And I thought the Google Pixel launch was bad. I ordered my K1 (CDMA) early evening with 1-day delivery. Now, I have no idea when the device will even ship. I called Amazon customer support and I was given 6/30 - 7/14 delivery dates. Wow!
    Just wondering, did they already ding your account/card for the purchase price?
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-31-17 01:41 PM
    Lol. It's strangely quiet today for the people who were defending this 5 month ordeal just a couple weeks back. Maybe they are busy with their new KEYone devices assuming they ordered in the 10 minute window it was available.
    I never defended anything or anyone, but I know you're including me in your mind because I didn't cry bloody murder over it. But I was cleaning my fishtank all morning, FYI. Sorry to burst your bubble dude.
    05-31-17 01:42 PM
    Yep, another rep is telling me the same thing.
    Why did you censor out the name? I'm sure they don't mind, lol.
    05-31-17 01:44 PM
    Agree
    drano and anon(9803228) like this.
    05-31-17 01:46 PM
    I never defended anything or anyone, but I know you're including me in your mind because I didn't cry bloody murder over it. But I was cleaning my fishtank all morning, FYI. Sorry to burst your bubble dude.
    Lol yes you were never in every thread giving explanation as to why this launch has gone the way it has.
    Anyways, did you get your today? When does it arrive?
    mister2d likes this.
    05-31-17 01:47 PM
    Why did you censor out the name? I'm sure they don't mind, lol.
    I don't want some Indian rep making $2/day to lose his job for divulging information. Doubtful that would happen but Amazon does not treat their employees kindly.
    05-31-17 01:47 PM
    I got my Key One today from Rogers. There's a bit of a learning curve but it's a handsome phone!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    05-31-17 01:49 PM
    Nope, not yet. This really feels like my experience when I ordered the Pixel XL. It was within an hour of the offical launch (October 4th IIRC) and I didn't get the XL in my hand until November 10th. SMH!
    05-31-17 01:50 PM
    I ordered the CDMA variant early yesterday evening an no, my card has yet to be charged.
    05-31-17 01:56 PM
    Hahahahah. I think it's pretty obvious that TCL or BB Mobile is full of fired former RIM people. Just pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    05-31-17 02:01 PM
    Lol yes you were never in every thread giving explanation as to why this launch has gone the way it has.
    Anyways, did you get your today? When does it arrive?
    Nope, that would be up for the CB psychics. I don't work for the company so have absolutely no inside knowledge to be able to give explanations as to why anything is any way... If providing alternate possibilities to the simple-minded "they are doing this on purpose because they are evil!!!!11" arguments is considered "defending" them, then I guess I'm a "defender" of everyone, because even companies I don't like I would always present all possibilities, good or bad, because we don't know, as outsiders, what's really going on. To assume one way or the other is just foolish. Sorry for pointing that out, lol.
    fop518 likes this.
    05-31-17 02:02 PM
    Nope, that would be up for the CB psychics. I don't work for the company so have absolutely no inside knowledge to be able to give explanations as to why anything is any way... If providing alternate possibilities to the simple-minded "they are doing this on purpose because they are evil!!!!11" arguments is considered "defending" them, then I guess I'm a "defender" of everyone, because even companies I don't like I would always present all possibilities, good or bad, because we don't know, as outsiders, what's really going on. To assume one way or the other is just foolish. Sorry for pointing that out, lol.
    He asked if you got yours today and when it arrives. I'm interested to know the answer.
    05-31-17 02:03 PM
    I don't want some Indian rep making $2/day to lose his job for divulging information. Doubtful that would happen but Amazon does not treat their employees kindly.
    I doubt either of them were divulging anything. All of those chats are recorded anyway. Amazon doesn't need to come to CB to see what was said by whom, lol.
    05-31-17 02:03 PM
    He asked if you got yours today and when it arrives. I'm interested to know the answer.
    I answered him in another thread.

But since now you're asking, I am getting one, but don't have one yet. I've been really busy and didn't even remember today was the 31st until I saw all of this stuff on here, haha. I also just recently spent some considerable sums of money for other things including a new phone for my mother, so not in a rush to spend more money. I'll get one when I get one, no biggie. My Classic still works fine.
    05-31-17 02:05 PM
    I answered him in another thread.

But since now you're asking, I am getting one, but don't have one yet. I've been really busy and didn't even remember today was the 31st until I saw all of this stuff on here, haha. I also just recently spent some considerable sums of money for other things including a new phone for my mother, so not in a rush to spend more money. I'll get one when I get one, no biggie. My Classic still works fine.
    Were you planning on ordering today?
    05-31-17 02:06 PM
145 123 ...