Hi everyone, Last month my keyone can connect to the Internet and I can also use online video / audio chats. But normal phone function is not working, I just got some error beep.
    How to handle it? I want to hear from everyone before I need the support of a technical staff. Thanks!!!
    03-29-21 11:06 PM
    Hi everyone, Last month my keyone can connect to the Internet and I can also use online video / audio chats. But normal phone function is not working, I just got some error beep.
    How to handle it? I want to hear from everyone before I need the support of a technical staff. Thanks!!!
    3G is shutting down. Not all carriers allow KEY devices to use VoLTE.

What carrier are you with?
    03-29-21 11:33 PM
    Do a Factor Reset test it, and then call your carrier for support... maybe you need a new SIM, maybe you need a new compatible phone.
    03-30-21 03:51 PM
    Do a Factor Reset test it, and then call your carrier for support... maybe you need a new SIM, maybe you need a new compatible phone.
    May need a new provider .
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-31-21 03:11 PM
    3G is shutting down. Not all carriers allow KEY devices to use VoLTE.

What carrier are you with?
    What carrier is not going to allow any/all BlackBerry Key 4GLTE Android devices running on 8.1 Oreo to function or operate properly? If so there are going to be massive lawsuits. Shoot Verizon I just read is not shutting down 3G until the end of 2022. Certainly the other carriers will have to follow similarly
    03-31-21 08:20 PM
    What carrier is not going to allow any/all BlackBerry Key 4GLTE Android devices running on 8.1 Oreo to function or operate properly? If so there are going to be massive lawsuits. Shoot Verizon I just read is not shutting down 3G until the end of 2022. Certainly the other carriers will have to follow similarly
    AT&T won't allow any BBMo device apart from their own PRD-63116-36 variant of the KEYone.
    03-31-21 08:23 PM
    AT&T won't allow any BBMo device apart from their own PRD-63116-36 variant of the KEYone.
    What a joke. I hope AT&T suffers massive losses for those with perfectly good unlocked devices
    03-31-21 09:13 PM
    What a joke. I hope AT&T suffers massive losses for those with perfectly good unlocked devices
    The last number I remembered before 5G was 90% of USA devices were carrier sold ....... that number, I expect goes even higher with 5G I suspect.
    03-31-21 09:22 PM
    The last number I remembered before 5G was 90% of USA devices were carrier sold ....... that number, I expect goes even higher with 5G I suspect.
    That number is very deceiving as the number of factory unlocked has always been lower in the States higher elsewhere.
    04-01-21 04:21 PM
    That number is very deceiving as the number of factory unlocked has always been lower in the States higher elsewhere.
    Yes but it’s only USA where the carriers and their policies exist and won’t be changing anytime soon.
    04-01-21 06:41 PM
    Yes but it’s only USA where the carriers and their policies exist and won’t be changing anytime soon.
    I think the model is starting to change as people are starting to wake up to the rip off of upgrade race.
    bh7171 and Faustavian like this.
    04-02-21 08:02 AM
    I think the model is starting to change as people are starting to wake up to the rip off of upgrade race.
    Sales data would disagree. Even Apple pushes the carrier locked iPhones when you attempt to buy one. Twice, Apple representatives have told me they wouldn't buy a factory unlocked iPhone 7 and the iPhone SE 2 for some made-up reason.

The biggest reason is that USA customers treat payments as interest free loans and the carrier promotions.
    04-02-21 09:42 AM
    Sales data would disagree. Even Apple pushes the carrier locked iPhones when you attempt to buy one. Twice, Apple representatives have told me they wouldn't buy a factory unlocked iPhone 7 and the iPhone SE 2 for some made-up reason.

The biggest reason is that USA customers treat payments as interest free loans and the carrier promotions.
    If you look at apple now that they have there own Cc that has changed, unlocked 2 year payments no interest and trade in value.
    04-02-21 11:29 AM
    They've had their own card through Goldman Sachs for awhile. They're still pushing carrier locked models because they get revenue sharing or promotional money for carrier sales and retention.

The sales data in the USA is simply how things are here and it's another reason carriers always circle the wagons in the earlier part of new "G" rollout. Once the infrastructure upgrade costs have been mostly recovered, then "G" isn't really new anymore, the middle to later timeframe starts the BYOD cycle again. Then starts the churn..
    04-02-21 12:32 PM
    They've had their own card through Goldman Sachs for awhile. They're still pushing carrier locked models because they get revenue sharing or promotional money for carrier sales and retention.

The sales data in the USA is simply how things are here and it's another reason carriers always circle the wagons in the earlier part of new "G" rollout. Once the infrastructure upgrade costs have been mostly recovered, then "G" isn't really new anymore, the middle to later timeframe starts the BYOD cycle again. Then starts the churn..
    whatever, we buy them all the time. Yes the card is no longer new but the same deal comes from them as a provider.
    04-02-21 01:03 PM
    whatever, we buy them all the time. Yes the card is no longer new but the same deal comes from them as a provider.

It's great that the Apple CC allow interest free payments on Apple device, that part matches what carrier offer. But Carrier's have promotions all the time. I suspect most the record setting sales in Nov/Dec for Apple.... were from the Carrier's and the promotions. "FREE", BOGO, extra trade-in offers... Apple doesn't give you that. Wife saved over $1000 buying from Verizon vs Apple.

You or the company you work with, I'm sure have a corporate account which provides very different pricing options from what Apple does as well.

But then with an iPhone it's not all that big of a deal.... as all carriers will fully support an iPhone or most Samsung devices.

But you go buy a Xiaomi or Huawei phone, things change... even though those are two of the biggest brands in the world. As Chuck said with 5G that's probable going to get worse.
    04-02-21 02:20 PM
    It's great that the Apple CC allow interest free payments on Apple device, that part matches what carrier offer. But Carrier's have promotions all the time. I suspect most the record setting sales in Nov/Dec for Apple.... were from the Carrier's and the promotions. "FREE", BOGO, extra trade-in offers... Apple doesn't give you that. Wife saved over $1000 buying from Verizon vs Apple.

You or the company you work with, I'm sure have a corporate account which provides very different pricing options from what Apple does as well.

But then with an iPhone it's not all that big of a deal.... as all carriers will fully support an iPhone or most Samsung devices.

But you go buy a Xiaomi or Huawei phone, things change... even though those are two of the biggest brands in the world. As Chuck said with 5G that's probable going to get worse.

Here's another interesting article on the struggle

https://www.androidcentral.com/onepl...ied-verizon-5g
    04-02-21 04:09 PM
    Here's another interesting article on the struggle

https://www.androidcentral.com/onepl...ied-verizon-5g
    Looks like Verizon is trying to be more inclusive to those wanting to buy devices wherever they want and using them on their network.
    04-02-21 05:58 PM

Yes your right the BONGO just shows how weak the market really is, that said normally with a trade in Apple with the card was the way to go. No contract just pay it off.
    04-02-21 06:53 PM
    Looks like Verizon is trying to be more inclusive to those wanting to buy devices wherever they want and using them on their network.
    Yup they look at AT&T and see an in..................
    04-02-21 06:53 PM
    Yes your right the BONGO just shows how weak the market really is, that said normally with a trade in Apple with the card was the way to go. No contract just pay it off.
    I got my STORM on a BOGO deal.... think that's been a part of their "playbook" for a long time.
    04-05-21 07:30 AM
    I got my STORM on a BOGO deal.... think that's been a part of their "playbook" for a long time.
    There are always expectations, but that fact that Apples flag ship is part of a BONGO speaks volumes.
    04-05-21 07:33 AM