Are there already videos where you can hear the wonderful "music" (clicks) when using the keyboard? It's been a while since I heard my beloved "music" (8900/9900).
    I remember the time, many years ago, that I heard the wonderful clickiness of a lot of peoples BB's in the night trams (trolley's) where I live. Good times.

If there are no video's, what is actually known now in regards to the clickiness? How loud is it? Aside from the audio, how does the keyboard compares to like a 8900/9900/Q10/Classic? Maybe the folks who were @MWC Barcelona can tell a thing or two about it.
    03-01-17 04:58 PM
    the keyboard felt great on the KEYone. Having the frets between the rows helps, But overall real good..like pre 10era..re Bold 9000. Too me yes.
    WT44 and ummie4 like this.
    03-01-17 05:09 PM
    the keyboard felt great on the KEYone. Having the frets between the rows helps, But overall real good..like pre 10era..re Bold 9000. Too me yes.
    What about the clickiness? Same level of Bold 9900 you would say?
    And when scrolling on the keyboard from top to bottom: does the space bar block range of motion? The space bar looks rather elevated that I wonder if you can scroll smoothly from top to bottom?
    Last edited by WT44; 03-01-17 at 06:05 PM.
    03-01-17 05:21 PM
    I think lot of reviews have said the keys are really good. One guy said if you close your eyes you may think you're on a Bold 9900.

If slagman approves, I'm pretty certain it's going to be a quality keyboard (after they fix the uneven backlighting).
    WT44 likes this.
    03-01-17 05:52 PM
    I think lot of reviews have said the keys are really good. One guy said if you close your eyes you may think you're on a Bold 9900.

If slagman approves, I'm pretty certain it's going to be a quality keyboard (after they fix the uneven backlighting).
    I honestly wouldn't put it on the same level as the 9900. That keyboard with the curve is on it's own level. The Classic only beats it for me because it's much bigger. The KEYone's keyboard is the same width as the Classic, but unfortunately the keys are a little shorter, I guess to keep the overall device height a little shorter. I would have preferred them to have made the keyboard exactly the same, but oh well. I did try typing quickly on it and it still feels pretty natural, and probably won't have a very long learning curve. So I think to equate it to the 9000 is pretty fair, but not the 9900.
    pooyam, Plazmic Flame and stlabrat like this.
    03-01-17 06:30 PM
    It felt really good typing on KEYone. The frets it has really help. Quality is a audible and click feeling. Although on personal opinion I compared to my RED Passport and KEYOne would take the Passports feeling.
    But overall the KEYone is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 06:52 AM
    What about the clickiness? Same level of Bold 9900 you would say?
    And when scrolling on the keyboard from top to bottom: does the space bar block range of motion? The space bar looks rather elevated that I wonder if you can scroll smoothly from top to bottom?
    Don't worry, the spacebar isn't elevated. It just looks that way because it's indented on both sides. The top is flush with the keyboard itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 06:55 AM
    I honestly wouldn't put it on the same level as the 9900. That keyboard with the curve is on it's own level. The Classic only beats it for me because it's much bigger. The KEYone's keyboard is the same width as the Classic, but unfortunately the keys are a little shorter, I guess to keep the overall device height a little shorter. I would have preferred them to have made the keyboard exactly the same, but oh well. I did try typing quickly on it and it still feels pretty natural, and probably won't have a very long learning curve. So I think to equate it to the 9000 is pretty fair, but not the 9900.
    I'm with you on the 'curved' keyboard. I think we moved away from that in a completely aesthetic decision (because it was undoubtedly more comfortable and ergonomic to use).

However, I have to say that I'm not disappointed that the keys are going to be a bit 'shorter' than they are on the Classic. If the cut of the keys (the way that each one is slightly angled to get a more precise press) is still as good as it usually is, a slightly shorter keyboard will mean less vertical distance to travel for the thumbs and therefore perhaps a bit more speed.

Like any new keyboard, it takes a bit of learned muscle memory to get really flying on it, but there is no reason to think that it would be anything less than great!!!
    03-02-17 06:59 AM
    It felt really good typing on KEYone. The frets it has really help. Quality is a audible and click feeling. Although on personal opinion I compared to my RED Passport and KEYOne would take the Passports feeling.
    But overall the KEYone is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Red AT&T or OG?
    03-02-17 07:33 AM
    Red AT&T or OG?
    Original RED Passport from ShopBlackBerry. Don't think AT&T made a red a version.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 08:45 AM
    What about the cut of the keys as someone pointed two posts above? Is there still an angle effect on those keys?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 09:11 AM
    What about the cut of the keys as someone pointed two posts above? Is there still an angle effect on those keys?

Posted via CB10
    I'm interested in this also. Every video i have seen it looks like the keys are smooth with no contouring at all. Interested to know for sure if someone could comment.
    03-02-17 09:20 AM
    Was it not still pre-production devices on show? I seem to remember having read that even the keyboard wasn't quite finished yet?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 09:31 AM
    Was it not still pre-production devices on show? I seem to remember having read that even the keyboard wasn't quite finished yet?

Posted via CB10
    That's seems to have been the standard response to anything that wasn't well received, despite pre-production versions having been around for about six months now.

With only a month to go, any new revisions are more likely to be in software rather than hardware.
    03-02-17 09:41 AM
    I'm with you on the 'curved' keyboard. I think we moved away from that in a completely aesthetic decision (because it was undoubtedly more comfortable and ergonomic to use).

However, I have to say that I'm not disappointed that the keys are going to be a bit 'shorter' than they are on the Classic. If the cut of the keys (the way that each one is slightly angled to get a more precise press) is still as good as it usually is, a slightly shorter keyboard will mean less vertical distance to travel for the thumbs and therefore perhaps a bit more speed.

Like any new keyboard, it takes a bit of learned muscle memory to get really flying on it, but there is no reason to think that it would be anything less than great!!!
    I agree that the movement away from the curved, or smiley, keyboard was purely for aesthetics. And proof of how correct that decision was is there was a fan render of his/her dream phone and it had a smiley keyboard. Immediately you had the people who screamed about how ugly that curved keyboard looks, and blah blah blah. Forget that it'll actually be nicer to type on... smh

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-02-17 11:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's hard to tell, the surface is flat, but I do believe there is a slight angle to them, where the right half is angled to the right and the left to the left. But it is not very pronounced. But I thought it felt really nice to type on.

MyriadeCoh likes this.
    03-02-17 11:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    They are, but to my knowledge the only hardware revisions from here until sale will be to fix issues such as the keyboard backlighting issue a lot of the pre-production models suffered from...

That's different from the one shown off at CES, the keyboard was highly refined since then.

03-02-17 11:04 AM
    It's hard to tell, the surface is flat, but I do believe there is a slight angle to them, where the right half is angled to the right and the left to the left. But it is not very pronounced. But I thought it felt really nice to type on.

That's what i saw on the pics, looking carefully and zooming. There's really a slight angle and it's all for the better in my opinion. Would have even been better if scuplted keys were in but i'm pretty sure i won't miss that feature much.
    03-02-17 12:02 PM
    OK....I'll bring it up since I haven't seen it anywhere. Double Typing. Most of us have experienced this on one or more devices. Does anyone think this has been addressed already?
    03-02-17 12:38 PM
    OK....I'll bring it up since I haven't seen it anywhere. Double Typing. Most of us have experienced this on one or more devices. Does anyone think this has been addressed already?
    Absolutely. On the software side I believe BlackBerry knows how to deal with it. At one point my Q10 was crippled by double typing, borderline impossible to use. Then after one of the 10.2 updates it disappeared. Now with 10.3 it's almost gone too far with fixing the double typing. Typing a word with two letters in it will sometimes only come out lacking the second repeated letter.

Original RED Passport from ShopBlackBerry. Don't think AT&T made a red a version.

Posted via CB10
    I could have sworn I saw a red AT&T at some point. Either way, I thought the OG Passport was a bit mushy and hard, lacking the pop I like in BlackBerry keyboards. I much preferred the other BB10 keyboards to the OG Passport, even the Q5.
    Last edited by ominaxe; 03-02-17 at 04:41 PM.
    03-02-17 04:28 PM
    Absolutely. On the software side I believe BlackBerry knows how to deal with it. At one point my Q10 was crippled by double typing, borderline impossible to use. Then after one of the 10.2 updates it disappeared. Now with 10.3 it's almost gone too far with fixing the double typing. Typing a word with two letters in it will sometimes only come out lacking the second repeated letter.
    LMAO, yes, now instead of double typing, we have a new problem called single typing, haha.
    03-03-17 12:24 AM
    LMAO, yes, now instead of double typing, we have a new problem called single typing, haha.
    Seriously. I mean, it's not a horrible issue, but it happens from time to time. It is rather funny.
    03-03-17 12:56 AM
    I experience it from time to time as well. It's because we are too blazing fast on that thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 04:16 AM
    So, compared to the Classic keyboard, is it a bit "softer" on it? I can't remember my 9000. And I find the Classic's keyboard a bit too hard to be honest. Q10 had a great clickiness.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 02:49 PM
    My immediate impression of the KEYone was that the keyboard felt like my Bold 9700 exactly.

Anyone agree?
    zensen likes this.
    03-09-17 07:03 PM
37 12