BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile need to ensure that Enterprise supports Android. In my sector most of the main players seem to have a BlackBerry/Apple duopoly, including my employer. Sadly, I haven't seen any updates since the announcement of the Android pilot project a few months ago.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    I agree... BlackBerry has to leverage their existing "BlackBerry UEM" customers. Some of whom are looking for replacements of their aging BB10 devices, some who might not be happy with other Android solutions, or even some that have moved to Apple solutions. There is a very big potential market there - but then it's always been there.
    03-08-17 07:44 AM
    I was blessed to have over an hour conversation with Bruce Walpole, and have to say, TCL picked the perfect man to head BlackBerry Mobile. He has a passion, attitude and interest I haven't seen from BlackBerry in forever. If he's half as willing to engage with his employees, as he was with me and others, at the launch event and beyond, I expect every good theory that can be applied to this new scion, from marketing, hardware, and software, will be implemented.

I have great confidence, if the KEYone shows any success at all (and it should), that it is but the cusp of a long and fruitful endeavour.
    john_v and jakie55 like this.
    03-08-17 07:48 AM
    I was blessed to have over an hour conversation with Bruce Walpole, and have to say, TCL picked the perfect man to head BlackBerry Mobile. He has a passion, attitude and interest I haven't seen from BlackBerry in forever. If he's half as willing to engage with his employees, as he was with me and others, at the launch event and beyond, I expect every good theory that can be applied to this new scion, from marketing, hardware, and software, will be implemented.

I have great confidence, if the KEYone shows any success at all (and it should), that it is but the cusp of a long and fruitful endeavour.

Clearly there will be a KEYtwo, KEYthree, etc.-993238e400b2e8b80e28a8be55ee77fd.jpg

#chicagomeetup
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-08-17 08:12 AM
    Exactly! I took two things away from Barcelona...

The KEYone is the first BlackBerry, that provides both all that was great from legacy hardware, with everything today's smartphone junky needs, and then some.

BlackBerry finally has someone at the helm, who can provide leadership, while hearing and understanding what the users desire.

#ChicagoMeetup
    john_v and jakie55 like this.
    03-08-17 08:28 AM
    I agree... BlackBerry has to leverage their existing "BlackBerry UEM" customers. Some of whom are looking for replacements of their aging BB10 devices, some who might not be happy with other Android solutions, or even some that have moved to Apple solutions. There is a very big potential market there - but then it's always been there.
    It appears we already use a competitor to manage our iOS devices, so if BlackBerry doesn't get in there to reassert themselves, we might get stuck exclusively on iOS. That would be a shame, given that there are thousands of enterprise devices for us worldwide.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    03-09-17 07:24 AM
    Well, Steve Cistulli indicated clearly that success will not hinge on one phone.
    This. I think this agreement is a long one and the K1 isn't going to say whether there is more devices or not.
    03-09-17 08:49 AM
    It would seem rather obvious that the KEYone is the inaugural device for the KEY line of phones being brought forth by BlackBerry/TCL. What interests me is the amount of people claiming that the phone would need to "sell well" for there to be a successor to the K1. My question would then be, what constitutes selling well. What margins do we need to see on the K1 for it to be deemed a success, or successful enough?
    03-09-17 09:22 AM
    I think there is a lot riding on this first release, for both BlackBerry & TCL if sales are through the roof which we all hope they are and expect to see more BlackBerry phones for the future. If not there needs to be a serious think on both parties as to the future of BlackBerry phones. Companies need sales to survive.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-09-17 09:33 AM
    It would seem rather obvious that the KEYone is the inaugural device for the KEY line of phones being brought forth by BlackBerry/TCL. What interests me is the amount of people claiming that the phone would need to "sell well" for there to be a successor to the K1. My question would then be, what constitutes selling well. What margins do we need to see on the K1 for it to be deemed a success, or successful enough?
    Any margin in the black would have to be considered a success.
    03-09-17 08:14 PM
34 12