Based on the naming of the device, with the KEY not only capitalized and also significantly larger in size in the logo design, and the "one" much smaller and less significant in comparison, I think it's clear that the newer candybar Android BlackBerry with PKB series will be the "KEY" series with generations named numerically. It makes perfect sense because KEY means the PKB that makes the device so different from other smartphones. It's nice to see BlackBerry finally and actually putting the focus on the PKB that BlackBerry is famous for and advertising on that, as compared to the focus on privacy with the previous phone with PKB, the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 07:41 AM
    I think the next device will be a classic android device which I believe would sell very well.
    03-06-17 08:01 AM
    I think the next device will be a classic android device which I believe would sell very well.
    Classic Android, you say?

caissa, BigBadWulf and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-06-17 09:09 AM
    Perhaps with some of the Classic's finishes. But with the Classic's screen ratio? Not a chance. Android only supports certain screen ratios.
    03-06-17 09:16 AM
    I think if it makes enough inroads they will probably keep the name as is and probably go "KEYone 2" and so on and forth.

Still would have loved "Mercury" as the series.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-06-17 09:28 AM
    I think if it makes enough inroads they will probably keep the name as is and probably go "KEYone 2" and so on and forth.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Nothing tops Mercury as a name for this device.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-07-17 04:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    KEYone 2, so that's KEY twelve right? Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-07-17 07:38 AM
    KEYone 2, so that's KEY twelve right? Lol

If you have a mind of a twelve year old, then I guess you'd look at it that way.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 08:58 AM
    Probable the launching pad for the KEY series. A la Samsung and Apple.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 09:01 AM
    If you have a mind of a twelve year old, then I guess you'd look at it that way.

Posted via CB10
    So defensive so quickly. Wow, lmao. Must be some other issue behind there that I won't touch with a 10-foot pole... Good luck with everything. :-)

03-07-17 09:45 AM
    Probable the launching pad for the KEY series. A la Samsung and Apple.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, Mr. Cistulli said prior to the unveiling that the name would make sense once the second one comes out. So KEYone, KEYtwo, KEYthree, etc. fits right into that statement.

Edit: forgot to mention, yes, I know this is what OP has been saying, and I agree with you OP in your theory that the "one" part of the name would simply change with subsequent devices.

03-07-17 09:46 AM
    The CEO of TLC stated in an Interview, that they decided for Keyone (and not K1) to have the same name for every language - otherwise it would be named keyone, keyuno, keyun, keyeins etc. So, that was his explanation, completely ignoring that this would could be the Base for further devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 09:50 AM
    The CEO of TLC stated in an Interview, that they decided for Keyone (and not K1) to have the same name for every language - otherwise it would be named keyone, keyuno, keyun, keyeins etc. So, that was his explanation, completely ignoring that this would could be the Base for further devices.

Posted via CB10
    Actually spanish would be LLAVEuno. :-P

And it's KEYone, not kee-yoney

03-07-17 09:55 AM
    How very optimistic. It might be planned, but if the phone doesn't make enough money the chances of a successor drop considerably.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-07-17 10:02 AM
    How very optimistic. It might be planned, but if the phone doesn't make enough money the chances of a successor drop considerably.
    Well, Steve Cistulli indicated clearly that success will not hinge on one phone.
    03-07-17 10:18 AM
    Not really, a second phone is definitely planned and they have made it clear it will be independent on the performance of the KEYone. Basically instead of giving up on it after one failure, IF the KEYone fails, they'll try to learn from it and see if they can win some consumers the second time around with a different tactic. I feel that they are committed to at least giving it a fair chance before deciding to go in a different direction. Sometimes phones fail for reasons other than an actual lack of merit and purpose...

gebco likes this.
    03-07-17 12:07 PM
    Well, Steve Cistulli indicated clearly that success will not hinge on one phone.
    Exactly, and if they keep to that I think it's proof they are in it for the long haul and not just trying to cash in on an opportunity.

03-07-17 12:08 PM
    Well, I hope that is the case. I'd rather not have to learn to use a slab.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 03:27 PM
    I would be all in for a pager style smartphone produced by BBMobile.
    03-07-17 03:50 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I like this.. They are seriously in it for the long run...bodes well for BlackBerry phone lovers....

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-07-17 05:30 PM
    I believe unlike the Priv, BlackBerry Mobile under TCL is committed for the long haul. The Priv2 was way over engineered insanity, scrapped by a company escaping the hardware business.
    03-07-17 10:51 PM
    Cistulli has said that they have a multi year road map, and that they'd be putting out several devices and that the success or failure of one or another wouldn't matter as they were going to stick with their roadmap. He also asked the BlackBerry community and everyone else to be patient and give BlackBerry Mobile time and space to execute their roadmap. I think that's more than fair, and if the K1 is their first stop on the roadmap, hey well done, I think they have a home run to start the game

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-08-17 01:16 AM
    Well... BlackBerry kept trying with BB10 device one after another, and they didn't stop after Priv either, so I don't think this will change their decision or plans for a successor device.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 05:37 AM
    Cistulli has said that they have a multi year road map, and that they'd be putting out several devices and that the success or failure of one or another wouldn't matter as they were going to stick with their roadmap. He also asked the BlackBerry community and everyone else to be patient and give BlackBerry Mobile time and space to execute their roadmap. I think that's more than fair, and if the K1 is their first stop on the roadmap, hey well done, I think they have a home run to start the game

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    Roadmaps are great... until you run out of gas.

I expect TCL does have plans for using the name long term, but those plans clearly hinge on Enterprise being a buyer of BlackBerry secured software, and thus TCL devices. I expect TCL understands that some time will be needed to try and win back the Enterprise market that has been unsure of BlackBerry's commitment to staying in hardware. But it really hinges on how much TCL is willing to "invest" into the BlackBerry Brand, and how many Enterprise customers are just waiting around without plans already in place, based on solid and dependable manufactures.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-08-17 07:23 AM
    Roadmaps are great... until you run out of gas.

I expect TCL does have plans for using the name long term, but those plans clearly hinge on Enterprise being a buyer of BlackBerry secured software, and thus TCL devices. I expect TCL understands that some time will be needed to try and win back the Enterprise market that has been unsure of BlackBerry's commitment to staying in hardware. But it really hinges on how much TCL is willing to "invest" into the BlackBerry Brand, and how many Enterprise customers are just waiting around without plans already in place, based on solid and dependable manufactures.
    BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile need to ensure that Enterprise supports Android. In my sector most of the main players seem to have a BlackBerry/Apple duopoly, including my employer. Sadly, I haven't seen any updates since the announcement of the Android pilot project a few months ago.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    03-08-17 07:31 AM
34 12