Best way to clean the screen and keyboard? Anyone recommend any cleaners as I prefer not to use a screen protector and keys and screen getting sweat smudge marks.
    09-15-17 05:31 AM
    Don't know of a cleaner that removes scratches..... use a screen protector. Tempered Glass ones are cheap now and feel like great.

Cleaners... there are plenty on the market for cleaning smartphones, can even make your own.
    You'll need:

8 ounces 70 percent isopropryl alcohol (rubbing alchohol)
    8 ounces distilled water
    Small misting spray bottle
    Few Microfiber cloths
    Do NOT use window cleaners..... or paper towels.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 08:30 AM
    I tend to huff and puff on the screen and use micro fiber cloths. I think the CO2 in breath can work as a cleaning agent. A bit of spit or water for harder "spots"
    freinhar and anon(8679041) like this.
    09-15-17 08:53 AM
    Best way to clean the screen and keyboard? Anyone recommend any cleaners as I prefer not to use a screen protector and keys and screen getting sweat smudge marks.
    eyeglass cleaner and Eyeglass Cleaning cloth!
    09-15-17 09:22 AM
    I use eyeglass cleaner with micro fibre cloth works like a charm.
    09-15-17 09:27 AM
    I've said this many time before.
    damp towel after a shower.
    09-15-17 11:54 AM
    the screen has the same anti scratch technology just like high end prescription lenses!
    09-15-17 12:02 PM
    the screen has the same anti scratch technology just like high end prescription lenses!
    I hope not. My high end eye glasses ( close to $1000) with the protective anti-scratch coating (expensive add-on) scratched the first week I had it. I doubt the glasses were made with any version of Gorilla Glass.
    09-15-17 12:36 PM
    rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball does the trick for me!
    09-15-17 05:20 PM
    rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball does the trick for me!
    I'm sorry to say I believe that's a bad idea because rubbing alcohol is a solvent that might progressively remove the oleophobic layer that's applied to the glass. This layer is what makes it feel so incredibly smooth when sliding the finger across because it keeps the glass from attracting grease from the skin. I would recommend no solvent at all. This is my third BlackBerry phone. Although I recognize that the screen of the keyone does not feel quite as slick as that of the predecessors that I had, the 3 phones never required much cleaning at all. Of course that depends on what kind of things are hands get into and what kind of exposure the phone has to variety of dirt. Solvents are no good on the phone. I have some high-end windows in my home that cannot have the use of Windex brand except for certain specially made for the Pella line of Windows that I have because they cannot be cleaned with anything containing ammonia which is the principal constituent of window cleaner. Ammonia is a tremendously effective grease cutter but also can remove what I assume to be on the windows in this case and oleophobic or similar type of application. The windows don't catch dirt and stay clean and when the rain hits them it slides off like Rain-X. The company says don't put anything on it. I don't.
    09-15-17 05:42 PM
    I am using the hyped "Whoosh!" cleanser, a bit on the expensive side, however it gets the job done very well. I apply it to the included microfibre cloth, I use that cleanser for all of my screens at home.

To get rid of dust before starting to clean I am using a "Rocket Blower" which I also use to keep my camera lenses clean. It blows air without any residue on the device, not as strong as canned air, but that's actually a plus.

What I would avoid though: Those packed, one-use disposable wet cleaning tissues for glasses, at least the cheap ones. They can damage the coating of the screen on the long run.
    wilber1 and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-15-17 05:51 PM
    get a case and screen protector
    09-15-17 08:44 PM
    Hahaha that's awesome knowing someone else does this too
    09-15-17 10:03 PM
    I tend to huff and puff on the screen and use micro fiber cloths. I think the CO2 in breath can work as a cleaning agent. A bit of spit or water for harder "spots"
    That's exactly what I do - breath moisture and a micro fibre cloth. Works wonders and Zero danger of damaging the device.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 10:34 PM
    I am using the hyped "Whoosh!" cleanser, a bit on the expensive side, however it gets the job done very well. I apply it to the included microfibre cloth, I use that cleanser for all of my screens at home.

To get rid of dust before starting to clean I am using a "Rocket Blower" which I also use to keep my camera lenses clean. It blows air without any residue on the device, not as strong as canned air, but that's actually a plus.

What I would avoid though: Those packed, one-use disposable wet cleaning tissues for glasses, at least the cheap ones. They can damage the coating of the screen on the long run.
    Thanks. Just ordered some whoosh. Might just use the compressed air I got for dust removal or just wipe of gently with the cloth to remove particles before cleaning solution. What rocket air do u suggest?
    09-16-17 12:42 AM
    I also prefer using the device naked you may use a 3mm microfibre cloth.

I've an habit of cleaning every morning before I leave for work.
    09-16-17 12:59 AM

Great product use it for cell,tv /monitor and glasses .
    09-16-17 04:57 AM
    Just run it under a hot tap.
    09-16-17 07:55 AM
    We should make clear that this is a joke. The KeyOne unlike some newer cell phones is not water proof!!!
    09-16-17 09:30 AM
    We should make clear that this is a joke. The KeyOne unlike some newer cell phones is not water proof!!!
    What, it's not waterproof??
    09-16-17 09:46 AM
    DO NOT DO THIS.....or risk Water damage!
    09-16-17 09:56 AM
    I hope not. My high end eye glasses ( close to $1000) with the protective anti-scratch coating (expensive add-on) scratched the first week I had it. I doubt the glasses were made with any version of Gorilla Glass.
    I have a collection of Eye glasses as I like to be fashionable! thew bottom line is the quality of your lenses were not the best! you have to know your lenses and only a few companies make a true anti scratch coating!!!!!
    I always use ZEISS high index 1.74 lenses in all my glasses! no scratches so far!!!
    09-16-17 09:59 AM
    and you do know prescription lenses all have 90day warranty!?!?
    09-16-17 10:00 AM
    DO NOT DO THIS.....or risk Water damage!
    Lol...Thanks for the laugh...
    09-16-17 10:10 AM
    I just lick mines...
    RoseBud68 and Mercuryuser like this.
    09-16-17 10:12 AM
42 12